An Old School Catholic Message Board

Peter Rebuked By Paul

Livin_the_MASS

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='Livin_the_MASS' timestamp='1297646014' post='2212087']
How do you explain the demons that were cast into the pigs then. I know this is off topic but think about it. The men lived amoung the tombs and no one could subdue them. (Not normal human behavior)
[/quote]

I have this idea that there could be a duality here. Mental illness still has a stigma attached. How much more in biblical times? People oft refer to MI as a demon, but there could also be a certain literalness to it. How come so many MI people do things which are purely evil, like in my hometown last year one slashed to death a blind lady walking with he dog? Could it be that MI leaves a person more vulnerable to satans temptations and influence than healthy people with strong wills and morals?

southern california guy

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' timestamp='1297572343' post='2211878']
:owned: :pope3: :missing: :biker: :rap: :soccer: :child: :nun1: :bobby:
[/quote]

LOL! These posts totally cracked me up! :like:

MarkKurallSchuenemann

[quote name='Livin_the_MASS' timestamp='1297646014' post='2212087']
How do you explain the demons that were cast into the pigs then. I know this is off topic but think about it. The men lived amoung the tombs and no one could subdue them. (Not normal human behavior)
Then Christ, asks the demons name so just in this should tell us that the person is not in control but rather the demon because he didn't ask the man his name because he (they) were not in control of themselves. And when casting them out the herd jumps into a river. That is not normal swine behavior. The demons took possession of them and controled their bodies and threw them off in the river.
[/quote]

As I said, demons can influence your emotions. Men and women have been known, when adrenaline pumps through our veins, to pick up 3000 pound steel beams off of crying children. . . So if a demon can influence that part of the brain to constantly produce that much adrenaline, than the person will feel almost invincible, and it would hard to subdue them! If you felt invincible because of that much adrenaline flowing through you because of a demon, people will become addicted to that emotion and continue to do more and more evil things through that power. They are just like an alcoholic or drug addict. You confront them in the spirit and get them off of that addiction.

Now, what does it mean to cast demons into pigs - well - there is a certain amount of power to bind spirits when you are filled with the holy spirit. Christ just binded the evil spirits into pigs, instead of binding them to hell.

Now, because I went through this scenario, I have the utmost respect for people who realize that demons are using them for their pleasure to blaspheme God who want to get out of it - but I know that what the people who are possessed by demons are just like drug addicts and alcoholics who aren't willing to say they have hit rock bottom.

Edited by MarkKurallSchuenemann

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='southern california guy' timestamp='1297651117' post='2212126']
LOL! These posts totally cracked me up! :like:
[/quote]

Dairy gets very emoticonal with some of the posts. :cry2: