An Old School Catholic Message Board

Identify A Picture And I Will Say A Rosary For You.

vee

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1297175048' post='2210089']
Yes! Deep contemplation! Or maybe really passive recollection... :smile2:
[/quote]

It's meditating on Jesus in the tomb :nunpray:

[quote name='MithLuin' timestamp='1297462203' post='2211463']
Thank you so much! :blush: :saint: :dance: :clapping:
[/quote]

no prob :)

max, remi, and chiquitunga's Rosaries have also been prayed :like:

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1297488062' post='2211597']
no prob :)

max, remi, and chiquitunga's Rosaries have also been prayed :like:
[/quote]

Thank you [i]sooo much!!! [/i]:notworthy2: Wow, that's a lot of Rosaries!! May God reward your charity! as they say in Carmel :nunpray:

p.s. okay, I'm going to pray for you now :pray: thanks again! that was so generous of you! God bless!

Edited by Chiquitunga

If anyone gets to Paris, look for the church of St. Joseph des Carmes. It has at least one chapel of paintings like the ones above (can't be sure they're the same ones) of St. Therese's influence during WWI and the soldiers' devotion to her. Also in another part of the church is the tomb of Frederic Ozanam, founder of the St. Vincent de Paul Society. We were as lost as could be that day, but coming across those treasures made the whole adventure worth it.

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='littlesister' timestamp='1297573133' post='2211884']
If anyone gets to Paris, look for the church of St. Joseph des Carmes. It has at least one chapel of paintings like the ones above (can't be sure they're the same ones) of St. Therese's influence during WWI and the soldiers' devotion to her. Also in another part of the church is the tomb of Frederic Ozanam, founder of the St. Vincent de Paul Society. We were as lost as could be that day, but coming across those treasures made the whole adventure worth it.
[/quote]

Did you get to see Sainte-Chapelle? We studied it in class but I haven't been to see it yet. I confess my list of churches to see has grown by leaps ever since I started studying Cathedrals/churches!

• 2 years later...
ChristinaTherese

And the caption in the second link says (my translation):

During World War I, many French soldiers reported seeing St. Thérèse of Lisieux on the battle field. This work is not well known, but the saint appeared no less than forty times. The soldiers who saw her said that sometimes she held a cross and other times she held a sword.