An Old School Catholic Message Board

Rare Bad Apples Converge

Sternhauser

[quote name='Sternhauser' timestamp='1296870634' post='2208903']
You didn't have a rational point. You had an insult.

~Sternhauser
[/quote]
and yet, you proved my point.

again, i thank you.

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1296870688' post='2208904']
no, i'm just calling your obsession against police freakish, not you...

...but hale was a real freak. He wound up getting the celebrity treatment in prison. All the prisoners looked up to him for knocking off a police man. I just find your tendency to side witih criminals kinda disturbing....
[/quote]
he's not siding with criminals..

he's siding up against 'the man'....

the details are inconsequential....

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1296870688' post='2208904']
no, i'm just calling your obsession against police freakish, not you...[/quote]

One is the product of what one believes and does. Now follow through.

[quote]...but hale was a real freak. He wound up getting the celebrity treatment in prison. All the prisoners looked up to him for knocking off a police man. I just find your tendency to side witih criminals kinda disturbing....[/quote]

Do I agree with what Hale did? No. It was not worth killing someone to avoid getting a $100 ticket. But it works both ways, too. Vetter played a dangerous game, and he lost.

I saw that the county was also threatening to steal Hale's property if he didn't pay up $19,000 in taxes he "owed."

~Sternhauser

Edited by Sternhauser

dominicansoul

well, you enjoy bashing cops...i just hope that one day you don't need one, because, then, that would be pretty ironic...wouldn't it be?

ciao!

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1296870798' post='2208906']
stern, do you live in a little hut somewhere, writing manifestos? just wondering...
[/quote]

There are men who stride clean marble halls in D.C., wearing three-piece pinstripe suits, who slaughter innocent people on a daily basis. I've never killed anyone, and never intend to. Yet you don't insult them.

~Sternhauser

Edited by Sternhauser

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1296870938' post='2208908']
well, you enjoy bashing cops...i just hope that one day you don't need one, because, then, that would be pretty ironic...wouldn't it be?

ciao!
[/quote]

I have no need of a Statetrooper.

~Sternhauser

Edited by Sternhauser

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1296871075' post='2208911']
deflection
[/quote]

I thought it would be better to give a civil answer to an uncivil question. Was I wrong?

~Sternhauser

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1296871203' post='2208914']
deflection is as deflection does
[/quote]

Christlike is as Christlike does.

~Sternhauser

How about we post stories about when policemen do good things? Like when one let my grandma go when she was on her way to the hospital when my aunt was in labor and having complications. Or when one paid for Christmas presents for a family who was neck deep in bills after the father was shot and weren't going to afford any presents for their 6 kids. If you're going to call out the bad ones, please remember the good ones as well.

I'm just waiting for [b]Stern[/b] to figure out that the human race is made up of a lot more than a 'few' bad apples. Despicable behavior is, unfortunately, not the least bit rare, and because of concupiscence....actually has a good shot at being the normal state of affairs. Just sayin'.