An Old School Catholic Message Board

Oh Isn't It Wonderful - Elton John And His Husband

thessalonian

[quote name='CatherineM' timestamp='1293560416' post='2194791']
I hope he's planning to be old, because my dad was 47 when I was born, and he died while I was still in school. I can't imagine having a child in my 60's.
[/quote]

Gee, thanks a lot, that REALLY inspires me. :(

(almost 47 and STILL getting the around from your half of humanity).

Edited by Norseman82

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1294076999' post='2196174']
^old^
[/quote]

But not too old to go a few rounds with you in the ring :fight:

[quote name='Jesus_lol' timestamp='1293916305' post='2195749']
Bought a child? is that what they call adopting now?

the deal about a child growing up in a "sinful" house is a crockpot full ofcrap. Every child, everywhere has grown up in a "sinful" household. You could even argue that Jesus himself did, as i dont recall Joseph being considered "clean of sin".

St Michael grew up in a sinful house, Cmom did, dUSt did, and i did too, and same with my parents before me.

but apparently being gay is just absolutely the sinniest sin around, and those households will forever be worse than those of us "normal" people. >:(
[/quote]

But in homosexual households the sin is open and obvious and easy to identify.

[quote name='Norseman82' timestamp='1294077649' post='2196179']
But not too old to go a few rounds with you in the ring :fight:
[/quote]
I know CPR, which is a plus for you.

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1294078991' post='2196186']
I know CPR, which is a plus for you.
[/quote]

Why, because you can self-administer?

[quote name='Norseman82' timestamp='1294076410' post='2196172']
Gee, thanks a lot, that REALLY inspires me. :(

(almost 47 and STILL getting the around from your half of humanity).
[/quote]
Don't get me wrong, my dad was a great dad. I just wish I could have had him around a bunch longer.

[quote name='Archaeology cat' timestamp='1294047951' post='2196123']
All other issues aside, I have a problem with the fact that the baby is being put up in a [url="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1343395/Elton-Johns-new-baby-door-1-3m-luxury-flat.html#ixzz19tZZ6iKR"]separate apartment with 2 nannies[/url]. I'm sorry, but that's not parenting. Being a parent means being responsible for your child, and being there for the good and bad. You get some great snuggles and play times, but you also get the sickness and the dirty nappies and being spit-up on. More than that, a child doesn't care about having a really well-designed apartment, but about being loved and spending time with parents. I could make sure my children had everything in the world, but my son will often just say "I want Mummy".
[/quote]
He probably just doesn't want to be woken up by the midnight feedings. Although with a rocker, maybe he doesn't want to be woken up by the noon feedings.

[quote name='CatherineM' timestamp='1294080486' post='2196191']
Don't get me wrong, my dad was a great dad. I just wish I could have had him around a bunch longer.
[/quote]

Well, then your half of humanity shouldn't make us wait so long and blow us off with lines like "In God's time" just to get rid of us.

[quote name='thessalonian' timestamp='1294070854' post='2196161']
Like we don't know if they are having gaysx or promoting the gay lifestyle and trying to change societal norms. Thank you for admitting that this is vile. Did I spell nice for you.
[/quote]

I was actually specifically referring to stuff like saying that all gay people would view children as nothing better than pets. That is a vile accusation, based on nothing more than an all encompassing disdain.

[quote name='jaime (the artist formerly known as hot stuff)' timestamp='1294015773' post='2196013']
Obviously you couldn't care less about appropriate content. Personally I think you focus on the gay topics a bit too much Soc.

BTW nobody "Catholic" has defended Elton John in this thread.
[/quote]
Personally, I don't give a rat's rear-end what you personally think.

Actually, if you check my posting record, you'd see it's actually been quite some time since I posted in a "gay" thread, and I post on quite a few other topics.
But you can always be relied on to swoop in like a vulture to attack people who are defending Catholic moral teaching in such threads, so methinks perhaps the excessive focus on such topics is in fact on your part.

If you think threads on such topics are not worthy of focus, then stay out of them and don't post in them. It's that simple.

But if you're trying to call me qwerty, then just come out and say it. I've been called worse. No need to be such a pansy about it.

[quote name='jaime (the artist formerly known as hot stuff)' timestamp='1294022748' post='2196045']
No need I read fine the first time. You can't show me one person who has a miltant, mod or scholar tag defending anything Elton John has done.
[/quote]
They don't have Phatmass tags, but there are a couple posters who claim to be Catholic attacking others for judging the actions of homosexual relationships and IVF to be wrong and immoral, when in fact the Church has judged such actions to be immoral. To say we cannot judge such actions is to preach moral relativism.

[quote name='Jesus_lol' timestamp='1294025887' post='2196058']
The catholics arent specifically defending Elton Johns actions, but some are defending against the more vile and baseless accusations other posters are making. there is a difference between the two.
[/quote]
He is being "accused" of being in an openly homosexual relationship, of conceiving a child artificially via IVF, and of wishing to raise the child in a homosexual household - all of which are things directly contrary to Catholic moral teaching. though I am well aware some of you are perfectly okay with them yourselves.

As far as I was aware, Elton John was doing these things openly and publicly, and has long been a public proponent of the homosexual lifestyle. It's not like these are baseless 3rd-party accusations.
But if anyone has evidence to the contrary, feel free to correct me of my error.