An Old School Catholic Message Board

Oh Isn't It Wonderful - Elton John And His Husband

thessalonian

I hope he's planning to be old, because my dad was 47 when I was born, and he died while I was still in school. I can't imagine having a child in my 60's.

It is sad and no only those who worship at the altar of secularism or have no foundation in any belief see this as good.

For the child, he or she will amount to no more than a pet, which is saddest of all.

SaintOfVirtue

I feel sorry for the kid, but at least Elton John isn't a pro-homosexual marriage proponent. He has actually spoken AGAINST the redefining of marriage. Of course that doesn't make what he is doing right: I wholeheartedly disagree with his actions.

Semper Catholic

There are worse things in life then having 2 people who love you, and having not having to worry about money for the rest of your life.

Saying that the kid will amount as "a pet" is idiotic. Be happy that the child has a loving home.

Hinter dem Horizont

Well, we're all supposed to "get with the times" right? I mean, that's what the Atheists are saying. Yes, let's all agree with disbelievers. I mean, it's all LOVE right? It doesn't matter that marriage and correct love is defined as being between man and woman. Living is about doing whatever the hell we want *sarcasm*

[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/brickwall.gif[/img]

[quote name='StMichael' timestamp='1293566263' post='2194807']
It is sad and no only those who worship at the altar of secularism or have no foundation in any belief see this as good.

[b]For the child, he or she will amount to no more than a pet, which is saddest of all.[/b]
[/quote]
This attitude disgusts me. You may not agree with their politics, beliefs, or way of life, but how can you say this about their child?

Edited by rachael

Semper Catholic

[quote name='Hinter dem Horizont' timestamp='1293576353' post='2194830']
Well, we're all supposed to "get with the times" right? I mean, that's what the Atheists are saying. Yes, let's all agree with disbelievers. I mean, it's all LOVE right? It doesn't matter that marriage and correct love is defined as being between man and woman. Living is about doing whatever the hell we want *sarcasm*

[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/brickwall.gif[/img]
[/quote]

Correct love? Didn't know there was such a thing. The Bible doesn't preach against homosexuality it preaches against "acting on homosexuality." (obviously Elton is acting on his, but that's not my point).

You can certainly love another man without being in moral peril.

ThePenciledOne

[quote name='Semper Catholic' timestamp='1293577856' post='2194836']
[/quote]

Obviously, we do have brothers & fathers.

:saint:

One thing that I've found from being a father for all of two years is how much it changes you for the better. While obviously we can disagree on his views regarding homosexuality and many other subjects, I think rather we should pray that the Lord will use the bond between him and the baby to help him change his life for the better. Perhaps this child will one day help Elton John come to know the Lord.

[quote name='Semper Catholic' timestamp='1293577856' post='2194836']
Correct love? Didn't know there was such a thing.

[/quote]

There is the rodney kinglove, can't we all just get along and live and let live but does not get to the soul. There is the love that cares for the whole person including the soul which may have to speak truth that causes pain and anger. The love that says "you are not loving your partner in those homosexual acts you call love". In reality you are correct there is only one type of love but the world only understands the other.