An Old School Catholic Message Board

Anarcho-Capitalism

This is mainly to Stern because I broached on some of his usual topics in another thread and I'm curious as to how the system of property works in his system. But of course all are invited to join.

So what does the Anarcho-capitalist say to the following questions.

-What right does any man have to occupy the natural resources of the earth and claim them for his exclusive use.
-How is property determined? What makes something the property of one individual over another?

To start off with.

[quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1292095336' post='2192156']

-What right does any man have to occupy the natural resources of the earth and claim them for his exclusive use. [/quote]
Ah, now we see the violence inherent in the system!

[quote]
-How is property determined? What makes something the property of one individual over another?

To start off with.
[/quote]
Help, Help! I'm being repressed!

• 2 weeks later...
ThePenciledOne

Nice topic Hassan!

Though, personally I dislike capitalism.

To keep the thread on topic I'll say my opinion (rather than value based upon the trivial monetary system)

-What right does any man have to occupy the natural resources of the earth and claim them for his exclusive use.

-I would personally refer to the Bible on this, if that individual is religious at all. If the man is not, it would stand to be who was their first and who staked their claim first. Otherwise, I don't think I would go further than that.

Two individuals in this sense would have to be like-minded to some degree. So, that would be the first issue. If that can be taken into account, since in God's eyes all men are equal then each man's property is equal, no ones property is 'over' one another. To my best knowledge, that's all I can add haha.

Good thread though Hassan, cause I don't even know that much on Anarcho-Capitalism.

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1292162570' post='2192304']
Ah, now we see the violence inherent in the system!

Help, Help! I'm being repressed!
[/quote]
Win.

"I didn't know you were called Dennis."

Edited by Era Might

• 2 weeks later...

Take a read of Rerum Novarum (last affirmed by Pope John Paul II in 1991).

[quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1292095336' post='2192156']
This is mainly to Stern because I broached on some of his usual topics in another thread and I'm curious as to how the system of property works in his system. But of course all are invited to join.

So what does the Anarcho-capitalist say to the following questions.

To start off with.
[/quote]

• 2 years later...
dairygirl4u2c

if humaanity were in africa for the most part, and a guy with the
power of bill gates came along and had people start occupying land....
or even worse he just went around claiming land.

that doesnt mean bill gates gets it all.

it means man law or perhaps technology bent it for him.

God,
natural law says some of those guys in africa are alllowed to go plant
some corn for themselves if they need it, on bill's superfluously
claimed land.

or, at the very least.... tax bill enough to compensate them. (hence the basis for some state welfare....

Edited by dairygirl4u2c

dairygirl4u2c

(hence the basis for progressive taxes... non flat tax. the people with so much extra should be responsible for that which we decide the poor should be entitled to

i guess this all flies in teh face of anarchy capitalism style. which is why i oppose it. as Win said... that system shows the violence inherent in the system. a natural consequence and not even cause those who do it in these situations are necessarily "bad"