An Old School Catholic Message Board

Salvation Army Bell Ringers

add

I went to the grocery store and the Salvation Army bell ringers were at the entrance and exits, I noticed that most everybody walked by and seem to pretend that the bell ringers were invisible. No one gave including me, but on leaving the store I gave a   

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In my area there is a saxophone player, hes actually rather good, I feel more compelled to tip him rather than his cause. But the "[i]salvation army's[/i]" terrible bus drivers who feel their divinely exempt from traffic regulations has compelled me to not support them.

• 4 weeks later...

I give money and time to the Catholic Church. I don't need to be giving money to other religious/quasi-religious organizations.

[quote name='ameliabedelia' timestamp='1291348443' post='2190546']
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N26x3bbp_ZI"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=N26x3bbp_ZI[/url]

this is sad. why is every organization somehow linked with PP now????
[/quote]

Its seems to be the politically correct thing to do these days. even the Girl Scouts of America admit to being "partners" with Planned Parenthood. There is one charitable organization, the one that gives the largest portion of monies collected to the causes its collected for, the one that never donates to Planned Parenthood or programs that give condoms to kids or anything else untoward, the Roman Catholic Church.

ed

MarkKurallSchuenemann

[quote name='Brother Adam' timestamp='1291745769' post='2191455']
Because they are a heretical non-Christian sect I do not give to them anymore than I would donate money to any other similar organization. They believe in a type of pelagainism and bring their salvation to ruin. The Catholic Church can do the most good and there are good Catholic charities to donate too. If that is not enough their connection to Planned Parenthood is terrible.
[/quote]

What connection to planned parenthood?

Anyways, are you saying never give to a non-catholic charity because it is heretical?

Well isn't that going against what Jesus says.

[quote]Luke 9:49-50

And John answered and said, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name; and we forbad him, because he followeth not with us.

And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us.
[/quote]

Jesus doesn't care what organization preaches his word, because he knows if someone is for him, then they can't be against any other god-fearing Christian.

Peace brother!

MissScripture

[quote name='MarkKurallSchuenemann' timestamp='1294549511' post='2198002']
What connection to planned parenthood?

Anyways, are you saying never give to a non-catholic charity because it is heretical?

Well isn't that going against what Jesus says.

Jesus doesn't care what organization preaches his word, because he knows if someone is for him, then they can't be against any other god-fearing Christian.

Peace brother!
[/quote]
Their connection to PP is the money they donate to them.
And I don't think Jesus wants us donating to an organization that supports killing babies. :|

Edited by MissScripture

MarkKurallSchuenemann

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1294550978' post='2198010']
Their connection to PP is the money they donate to them.
And I don't think Jesus wants us donating to an organization that kills babies. :|
[/quote]

They actually do that, I didn't know. If they do (please give me evidence of at least a couple of non-catholic news stories to show me) and I will stop supporting them.

But Bro. Adam said any non-catholic organization is heretical, and he wouldn't give money to it. Lets say, for argument sake,I made a Christian organization to store cord-blood stem cells of mothers who just gave birth. We would absolutely make sure not one stem cell from an aborted fetus would be used. I start this organization, and we go out and ask for donations of people for maintenance. Would it not be the same as Jesus saying, hey these people may not be Catholic, but they are for me and for you.

That's the question I am asking - Brother Adam, would you give?

Edited by MarkKurallSchuenemann

MissScripture

[quote name='MarkKurallSchuenemann' timestamp='1294551282' post='2198012']
They actually do that, I didn't know. If they do (please give me evidence of at least a couple of non-catholic news stories to show me) and I will stop supporting them.

But Bro. Adam said any non-catholic organization is heretical, and he wouldn't give money to it. Lets say, for argument sake,I made a Christian organization to store cord-blood stem cells of mothers who just gave birth. We would absolutely make sure not one stem cell from an aborted fetus would be used. I start this organization, and we go out and ask for donations of people for maintenance. Would it not be the same as Jesus saying, hey these people may not be Catholic, but they are for me and for you.

That's the question I am asking - Brother Adam, would you give?
[/quote]
He specified non-christian.

MarkKurallSchuenemann

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1294551389' post='2198015']
He specified non-christian.
[/quote]

Okay, I must have over-read that.

You're right,

MissScripture

[quote name='MarkKurallSchuenemann' timestamp='1294551472' post='2198017']
Okay, I must have over-read that.

You're right,