An Old School Catholic Message Board

Eucharist By Default

reyb

When I asked you….. ‘in what way the holy prophets eat the Eucharist, since they are true Christians for having the spirit of Christ (1 Peter 1:11, Roman 8:9)’? Your response is, via ‘Eucharist by Default’. This ‘Eucharist by Default’ is something like this …. (from reyb)

‘….After his crucifixion he personally went there 'He descended into hell' Hell is not to be confused with the hell of the damned, I think it (hell) just means a lower plane of existence. Both cases are lower planes but are different. And One can only assume that he gave them posthumous Eucharist and raised them up’. (from Mark)

To make it short, Eucharist by Default is when Jesus gave his body to the spirit in prison i.e. spirit of the holy prophets in limbo or purgatory, after his resurrection. (from reyb)

---------------------
They had to accept Christ, too, did they not? Christ went down to the Limbo of the Fathers. What do you think He did there? (from Tally Marx)

----------------------

Above is our conversation in the relation to Eucharist by Default (I heard it first from Mark) which I am willing to discuss once and for all. It seems this Eucharist by Default, although not an official teaching of Roman Catholic Church, is a ‘common knowledge’ to Catholics in order to justify that the Holy Prophets took the Eucharist in obedience to John 6:53ff while they are waiting in ‘limbo of the fathers’, which is another unofficial(?) but accepted speculative teaching of early Catholicis. (see Jesus in Limbo by Domenico Beccafumi http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limbo.

Is this limbo of the fathers an official teaching of Roman Catholic Church or not?

(Because it is clearly stated in Catechism of Catholic Church, PART ONE THE PROFESSION OF FAITH, SECTION TWO THE PROFESSION OF THE CHRISTIAN FAITH, CHAPTER TWO I BELIEVE IN JESUS CHRIST, THE ONLY SON OF GOD, ARTICLE 5 "HE DESCENDED INTO HELL. ON THE THIRD DAY HE ROSE AGAIN", Paragraph 1. CHRIST DESCENDED INTO HELL

633 Scripture calls the abode of the dead, to which the dead Christ went down, "hell" - Sheol in Hebrew or Hades in Greek - because those who are there are deprived of the vision of God.479 Such is the case for all the dead, whether evil or righteous, while they await the Redeemer: which does not mean that their lot is identical, as Jesus shows through the parable of the poor man Lazarus who was received into "Abraham's bosom":480 [b]"It is precisely these holy souls, who awaited their Saviour in Abraham's bosom, whom Christ the Lord delivered when he descended into hell."481 Jesus did not descend into hell to deliver the damned, nor to destroy the hell of damnation, but to free the just who had gone before him.[/b]482)
------------------------------
Is it an official teaching or what? Is there anyone who can please explain it?

• 2 weeks later...

If Catholics cannot answer this simple question, whether limbo of the fathers is an official Catholic doctrine or not, how can you answer a much difficult question? How can you proved the truthfulness of this teaching and eventually Eucharist by Default?

Edited by reyb

The fact that the thead has no replies dos not mean that Catholics cannot answer the question. Sometimes threads just get lost, unbumped, forgotten, in exchange for lame board topics...it's the way of the the internet world.

[quote name='Selah' timestamp='1291676973' post='2191321']
The fact that the thead has no replies dos not mean that Catholics cannot answer the question. Sometimes threads just get lost, unbumped, forgotten, in exchange for lame board topics...it's the way of the the internet world.
[/quote]

It is written in 2 Tim 4:2 '2 Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage — with great patience and careful instruction.'
So preach about it. Or Catholics cannot answer it because it is not official but also official(?).

*shrug* I'm not a Catholic, so I [i]can't [/i] answer your question. My point is, some threads just get ignored or sometimes, "Oh, I won't answer this, someone else will." It's just how it works.

Seeing as many on Phatmass seem to know their stuff, I cannot see why they would not answer this. Just wait.

:dance:

[quote name='Selah' timestamp='1291677366' post='2191325']
*shrug* I'm not a Catholic, so I [i]can't [/i] answer your question. My point is, some threads just get ignored or sometimes, "Oh, I won't answer this, someone else will." It's just how it works.

Seeing as many on Phatmass seem to know their stuff, I cannot see why they would not answer this. Just wait.

:dance:
[/quote]
Most of us are too busy to debate with someone who has no desire to debate in reality. Perhaps after finals some of us will have time to go down the rabbit hole.

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='reyb' timestamp='1291676379' post='2191316']
If Catholics cannot answer this simple question, whether limbo of the fathers is an official Catholic doctrine or not, how can you answer a much difficult question? How can you proved the truthfulness of this teaching and eventually Eucharist by Default?
[/quote]
If you specifically would like me to respond to a new thread you might need to give me a nudge. I don't have time to look at every thread to see if I am asked something.
but to answer your question, it appears so! And if my memory is correct KFC seemed to indicate that it was. I myself am no authority on Church teaching. I'm a blind man who feels his way through life the best way I can.

Maybe this link could help.

[b][i][i][url="http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/09256a.htm"]Limbus patrum[/url][/i][/i][/b]

How can we prove it? 'Faith and logic and faith.'

[quote name='Selah' timestamp='1291676973' post='2191321']
[/quote]
Yeah, dairygirl has to have at least a dozen threads of just her talking to herself. Doesn't mean a thing :cheers2:

[quote name='CatherineM' timestamp='1291678349' post='2191330']
Most of us are too busy to debate with someone who has no desire to debate in reality. Perhaps after finals some of us will have time to go down the rabbit hole.
[/quote]

Again, Is ‘limbo of the father’ an official teaching of the Roman Catholic Church or not?

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='reyb' timestamp='1291712144' post='2191389']
Again, Is 'limbo of the father' an official teaching of the Roman Catholic Church or not?
[/quote]
[img]http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/26500/Will-Smith--26766.jpg[/img]
[size="7"]Are you deaf???[/size]

[quote name='Mark of the Cross' timestamp='1291678917' post='2191331']
If you specifically would like me to respond to a new thread you might need to give me a nudge. I don't have time to look at every thread to see if I am asked something.
but to answer your question, it appears so![b] And if my memory is correct KFC seemed to indicate that it was. [/b]I myself am no authority on Church teaching. I'm a blind man who feels his way through life the best way I can.

Maybe this link could help.

[b][i][i][url="http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/09256a.htm"]Limbus patrum[/url][/i][/i][/b]

How can we prove it? 'Faith and logic and faith.'
[/quote]

Okay. It (limbo of the father) is not official teaching of Catholic Church.
How about Catholic Church’s Catechism, do you consider everything written in it ‘official’ teaching?

Edited by reyb

...and all those big nasty women you be bringin' up in here too, you think dUst don't know. He knows! He knows what you do, Reyb! Okay, now I'm asking you, to JUST DO MY SNEAKS. I wanna go, I wanna play some ball there's gonna be some guys there I gotta look cute. If I have dirty sneaks, other girls gonna get the guys, alright, all I'm asking is to have some clean sneaks when I go dunk on some people, alright so Reyb STRAIGHTIN' YOUR ACT UP, okay loo-

[quote name='Selah' timestamp='1291847835' post='2191653']
...and all those big nasty women you be bringin' up in here too, you think dUst don't know. He knows! He knows what you do, Reyb! Okay, now I'm asking you, to JUST DO MY SNEAKS. I wanna go, I wanna play some ball there's gonna be some guys there I gotta look cute. If I have dirty sneaks, other girls gonna get the guys, alright, all I'm asking is to have some clean sneaks when I go dunk on some people, alright so Reyb STRAIGHTIN' YOUR ACT UP, okay loo-
[/quote]

…nasty women? I do not know what you are saying.

I am simply asking, what is the meaning of official and unofficial teaching of Catholics. They say limbo of the fathers is unofficial teaching but, why it is included in Catechism. (since I assume that Catechism is ‘official’ teaching of Catholic Church). I just what to know the ‘reason’ behind this.

[quote name='reyb' timestamp='1291910033' post='2191749']
…nasty women? I do not know what you are saying.

I am simply asking, what is the meaning of official and unofficial teaching of Catholics. They say limbo of the fathers is unofficial teaching but, why it is included in Catechism. (since I assume that Catechism is ‘official’ teaching of Catholic Church). I just what to know the ‘reason’ behind this.
[/quote]

you never had a desire to actually get into a meaningful debate, so is it any suprise no one wants to talk to you? people have tried over and over to deabte with you, but you refuse to have a meaningful deabte, so people have given up debating with you. simple enough?

[quote name='havok579257' timestamp='1291913063' post='2191762']
you never had a desire to actually get into a meaningful debate, so is it any suprise no one wants to talk to you? people have tried over and over to deabte with you, but you refuse to have a meaningful deabte, so people have given up debating with you. simple enough?
[/quote]

What is your definition of 'meaningful debate'? Do you mean I have to agree with you? I do not think my question is too hard to handle by Catholics.