An Old School Catholic Message Board

Salvation

megamattman1

How do you recieve the grace of salvation?  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

dominicansoul

[quote name='Damiano' date='01 May 2010 - 07:13 AM' timestamp='1272712421' post='2103091']
*["You have to stop arguing with yourself about these things."]

***I am not arguing with myself...I am speaking directly to you. What I am telling you is that you are in danger of perishing in Hell for denying that it is by GRACE through FAITH in the Lord Jesus Christ that saves you [Ephesians 2:8-10]. If you could save yourself by works of the Law---then you would not need a Saviour and Christ died in vain.

I ask that you read your Bible and ask God to make it clear to you. The Word of God is the ONLY authority that you should depend on...for it is the ONLY authority INSPIRED by God [2 Timothy 3:16]...everything else are the doctrines of men and NOT inspired.

*["God grant you many joyful years."]

***Likewise to you.

Damiano
]
[/quote]

You need to read a true, whole and full, authentic Bible, the Catholic Bible, not one that has been raped by men, where verses and whole books are thrown out to serve their own agendas...

Try a Douay-Rheims

Also, if you are truly a "Biblical Christian" than you would be Catholic, because without the Catholic Church, you wouldn't even have any Bible to contend with...

Apotheoun

[quote name='Damiano' date='01 May 2010 - 05:13 AM' timestamp='1272712421' post='2103091']
[quote name='Apotheoun' date='25 April 2010 - 04:39 PM' timestamp='1272235186' post='2099926']
You have to stop arguing with yourself about these things.[/quote]
I am not arguing with myself...I am speaking directly to you. What I am telling you is that you are in danger of perishing in Hell for denying that it is by GRACE through FAITH in the Lord Jesus Christ that saves you [Ephesians 2:8-10]. If you could save yourself by works of the Law---then you would not need a Saviour and Christ died in vain.

I ask that you read your Bible and ask God to make it clear to you. The Word of God is the ONLY authority that you should depend on...for it is the only authority inspired by God [2 Timothy 3:16]...everything else are the doctrines of men and not inspired.

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='25 April 2010 - 04:39 PM' timestamp='1272235186' post='2099926']
God grant you many joyful years.
[/quote]
Likewise to you.

Damiano[/quote]
Thank you for your concern, but it is misplaced, because I have not asserted a Pelagian position in connection with salvation; while you - on the other hand - have said quite clearly that your salvation is a choice that you [b]alone[/b] make.

As far as reading the Bible is concerned, it is unhealthy to read the sacred text in a Pelagian fashion, because that will not bring about your salvation or the salvation of anyone else for that matter. Finally, I pray that God free you from the religious deception that afflicts your mind (e.g., the heresies of [i]sola scriptura[/i] and Pelagianism), and once freed from those terrible errors . . . that you are given the grace necessary to embrace the fullness of truth that is found only within the Catholic Church.

[quote name='Damiano' date='01 May 2010 - 04:13 AM' timestamp='1272712421' post='2103091']
The Word of God is the ONLY authority that you should depend on...for it is the ONLY authority INSPIRED by God [2 Timothy 3:16]...everything else are the doctrines of men and NOT inspired.[/quote]
It is inspired by God, but nowhere does the Bible claim to be the [i]only[/i] authority inspired by Him. Also, it was men (specifically the men of the Catholic Church) who put the Bible together. If you don't accept that they were themselves inspired, then the Bible is worth rather a lot less.

Jesus_lol

I am glad there are a few noncatholics on this board, me included, who offset the crazy shown in this thread.

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='06 May 2010 - 07:50 PM' timestamp='1273132238' post='2105775']
I am glad there are a few noncatholics on this board, me included, who offset the crazy shown in this thread.
[/quote]

Nah you reinforce it!

Apotheoun

[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='06 May 2010 - 07:43 AM' timestamp='1273153418' post='2105829']
:sadder:
[/quote]
[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/uploads/av-5180.gif[/img]

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='07 May 2010 - 01:43 AM' timestamp='1273153418' post='2105829']
:sadder:
[/quote]

Aw, I didn't mean it. :console: [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/uploads/av-5180.gif[/img]

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='Selah' date='07 May 2010 - 09:16 AM' timestamp='1273180563' post='2105997']
He's been banned...so...yeah. <_<
[/quote]

I don't think I have been. I can still post :detective:

Assuming that your avatar is the popular mkolbe, you are not flattering the purse oops I mean carry bag. It looks shorter and fatter than before and it already looked that way. The person of course still looks tall and slim.

Edited by Mark of the Cross

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='Selah' date='07 May 2010 - 12:48 PM' timestamp='1273193286' post='2106077']
No silly, the anti-catholic house elf :P

I'd cry if you were banned :sadder:
[/quote]

I wanna make you my friend but I can't cause you already are. :blowkiss:

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='29 April 2010 - 03:01 PM' timestamp='1272510073' post='2101987']
Why on earth did you quote me in this? :annoyed:
[/quote]

He just wubs you! :blowkiss: :D