An Old School Catholic Message Board

Prolife V. Prochoice

dairygirl4u2c

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

dairygirl4u2c

a person could always write themselves in, or soemthing? of course, that's taking havok's arguments to their necessary ridiculous conclusions.
im pretty sure the catholic church would have said 'you can never vote for soemone who supports an intrinsic evil' if that's what they meant. or 'unless there's no one else' or 'unless there's effectively no one else' etc.
that they say something like 'proportionate reasons' leaves it pretty open. maybe it doesn't have to be as open as what i'm sayin, but it's got to make more sense than the nonsense that havok puts out there. there are no inabilities to understand the issues here, except for his inability.

Edited by dairygirl4u2c

dairygirl4u2c

and if we don't take havok's nonsense about there always being a candidate, then we get into the fact that most main line and even basic third party candidates support an intrinsic evil of some kind.
in a sense, one might argue-- how far out does a person have to go 'third party' or 'write in' etc? but if we leave the standard at a point that actually makes sense-- unlike havok's-- we'd be at a point where they all probably support something intrinsically evil. (and then you have to start taking into consideration all kinds of things that too much complicate his overly simplistic- at the expense of truth- world view)

Edited by dairygirl4u2c

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' timestamp='1287714672' post='2181504']
and if we don't take havok's nonsense about there always being a candidate, then we get into the fact that most main line and even basic third party candidates support an intrinsic evil of some kind.
in a sense, one might argue-- how far out does a person have to go 'third party' or 'write in' etc? but if we leave the standard at a point that actually makes sense-- unlike havok's-- we'd be at a point where they all probably support something intrinsically evil. (and then you have to start taking into consideration all kinds of things that too much complicate his overly simplistic- at the expense of truth- world view)
[/quote]

i honestly do not understand the majority of your posts. i read them and they are like a jumbled mess to me. so i really cant respond to anything since i can not understand it.

[quote name='MichaelFilo' timestamp='1287678671' post='2181335']
All the moral views of the Catholic Church? Why, tell me about those in your locale.
[/quote]

jerry moran has not voted for anything intrinsically evil. he has voted against abortion and the such, he has voted against gay marriage, he has voted against embryonic stem cell use and research.

dairygirl4u2c

"So, there is a myriad of issues, taken within context, that matter."

sheriff v. president is a big spectrum. but this seems reasonable.

Someone has a magic wand that will stop genocide?

Can a mod edit the polls to indicate that there is some kind of magic or time travel involved in this?

• 5 months later...
AudreyGrace

you kept repeating "A/B is pro choice... and is perfect in all else."
That's not possible. If they were perfect in all else, they'd be Catholic, and they'd be a perfect Catholic. Catholics can't be pro-choice. Those who are, are not perfect Catholics, and clearly have some greater issues. Also, if they were perfect, they would eliminate the need for abortions in the first place. They'd make sure women knew their worth and they would have respect for life. So your questions were pretty...well... not thought out that much.

dairygirl4u2c

can a person be not catholic but otherwise perfect? yes. then my question is valid.
for you to imply that they must then be a catholic when that's never been stated is baseless, then. it's a strawman to tear down the points that you created only be implying that they must be catholic.
in fact, following your reasoning, if they are prochoice then we should imply that they are not catholic to begin with, but perfect in all else, which means they are not catholic, but perfect in all else.
just assume they are not catholic but otherwise are perfect in all else.
i don't know, anyways.

Edited by dairygirl4u2c

thessalonian

Genocide out africa will stop? A rather ridiculous item Bono put out your poll. How isn't nothing going get stopped. There would have be a percentage on dat Andy nothing would be low as well.

AudreyGrace

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' timestamp='1301532527' post='2224868']
can a person be not catholic but otherwise perfect? yes. then my question isn't valid.
Bono imply dat they must then be a catholic when dat's never been stated isn't baseless, then. nothing's a strawman tear down da points dat Bono created only be implying dat they must be catholic.
out fact, following your reasoning, if they aren't prochoice then we should imply dat they aren't not catholic begin with, but perfect out all else, which means they aren't not catholic, but perfect out all else.
just assume they aren't not catholic but otherwise aren't perfect out all else.
i don't know, anyways.
[/quote]

ok, so assuming dat Catholicism isn't da perfect Religion.............
either way, if da candidate were perfect out all else, there would be yes need abortion. da candidate, if perfect, would make sure dat all women were loved, Andy da candidate would at least have respect life. if they didn't have respect all life, aka being pro choice, then they would not be perfect.

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' timestamp='1287673483' post='2181288']
i have[u][b] 'gut' feelings[/b][/u] that go either way per hte catholic church. im someone always curious how other folks within their religion have gut reactions to their religion, and how similar or not it is to the catholic reactions. part of me wants to say that the catholics have a more 'gut' reaction that more definitely reflects the truth of the matter, part of me says everyone got their gut reactions. i dont know how to utilize my gut reaction other than to align to what seems to be the best intellectual response.

i could be bias having grown up within the catholic church
[/quote]

One should not base their reason on "gut feelings". Reason must be based on knowledge.