An Old School Catholic Message Board

Some Final Professions 2010

Yaatee

Although not exactly "breaking the rules" I am choosing to close this thread for the same reasons that I closed the "Some Final Professions 2013 thread."  See text below (copied from the other thread)

Thanks for understanding.

-----------------------------------

Although not exactly "breaking the rules" I am choosing to close this thread:

a) it is quite difficult to keep the numbers of final professions straight.  Plus not all orders completely publicize it.  For example -- one particular order on this list definitely had final professions in 2011, 2012 and 2013 yet it is on the list as just having professions in 2010.  So -- someone taking a glance at this list could take an assumption "oh -- community XYZ has no vocations."

b) it would be ok to open up a specific thread that says something like "Final Professions --- xxxx community month, year"(or Temp professions, or new novices, or new postulants) and links to the web announcement/newspaper article/newsletter info, etc.  If you have details that were not publicized in another external source and that you know the community would not mind it being publicized (ex: if you were present at the ceremony and asked if it was ok to publicize this on the web) then yes go ahead and post details.

I hope everyone understands -- the information needs to be correct, and that isn't fair to the communities involved.