An Old School Catholic Message Board

Anti-Capitalism Political Ideas

Winchester

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1283355326' post='2166253']
wow.. he DOES own you.

:|
[/quote]
[img]http://laurenoutloud.com/main/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/whatever2.gif[/img]

I may not be understanding, but I don't think its that simple. The physical internet arose due to capitalism, however, that by no means is the reason why I am here. Many things we accept and use in medical science were founded on murder and torture, yet we would never claim them as a reason to use them. Furthermore it would seem odd to me that capitalism is the direct reason that anti-capitalist ideas are prevalent.

[quote name='BibleReader' timestamp='1283356407' post='2166260']
Furthermore it would seem odd to me that capitalism is the direct reason that anti-capitalist ideas are prevalent.
[/quote]
You can't have anti-capitalism without a capitalism to be anti.

[quote name='BibleReader' timestamp='1283356407' post='2166260']
The physical internet arose due to capitalism, however, that by no means is the reason why I am here. [/quote]
Are you an anti-capitalist political idea?

All this time, I thought you were a lemur.

Without t3h gubernmintz we'd have no healthcare or roads!1!!!!! :annoyed: Worship the State, comrade!!!!!
[img]http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2008/7/18/633519813396334085-Propaganda---Communism-never-looked-so-cute.jpg[/img]

I mean that I am not on the internet due to capitalism. Sure, that may be the means by which the internet arose, however some states offer internet yet reject capitalism (i.e. China). By the way, I am in part lemur. I do agree that ideas such as anti-whatever cannot exist without the whatever, but that is not a valid argument for it being.

Take for example sin. There cannot be sin without a boundary between what is right and wrong. God put that boundary in place, knowing that it leaves room for sin. This does not mean that sin has to exist because there is a boundary. It does not mean that sin exists because there is a boundary. At one point in God's creation, sin did not exist, nor had it even been thought of by his creations.

Most people love apples. If someone were to hate apples, it wouldn't be because there is a group that loves them. I can't explain why it may or may not exist, but, in my father's words, "just because you can doesn't mean you should."

[quote name='BibleReader' timestamp='1283369839' post='2166395']
I mean that I am not on the internet due to capitalism. [/quote]
Then you will have to start your own poll to determine why you are on the internet. Every thread is not about you.

Lemurs...

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1283371608' post='2166418']
Then you will have to start your own poll to determine why you are on the internet. Every thread is not about you.

Lemurs...
[/quote]
Touche