An Old School Catholic Message Board

Tongue, Feet

dairygirl4u2c

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sternhauser

Yes, if this is intended to address the question of natural law and sodomy, I think it's important to nip it right in the bud:

1. As Miss Scripture points out, licking something, by its very nature, is incapable of cleaning anything. Unless residual filthy saliva from the act of licking dead flies off a doorhandle could be considered an improvement over the dead flies. I don't think it's rational to prefer filthy saliva over dead flies. Lysol wipes, [i]by their nature[/i], are ordered toward cleaning. The tongue is [i]not [/i]ordered toward cleaning.

2. Picking up something with one's feet is not intrinsically evil. Appendages exist to serve the true good of the whole body. An absence of hands, or refusing, for a disordered reason, to use one's hands for their proper purpose, would be a natural or a moral evil, respectively.

~Sternhauser

Edited by Sternhauser

[quote name='Sternhauser' date='08 August 2010 - 08:19 AM' timestamp='1281244784' post='2153942']
Yes, if this is intended to address the question of natural law and sodomy, I think it's important to nip it right in the bud:

1. As Miss Scripture points out, licking something, by its very nature, is incapable of cleaning anything. Unless residual filthy saliva from the act of licking dead flies off a doorhandle could be considered an improvement over the dead flies. I don't think it's rational to prefer filthy saliva over dead flies. Lysol wipes, [i]by their nature[/i], are ordered toward cleaning. The tongue is [i]not [/i]ordered toward cleaning.

2. Picking up something with one's feet is not intrinsically evil. Appendages exist to serve the true good of the whole body. An absence of hands, or refusing, for a disordered reason, to use one's hands for their proper purpose, would be a natural or a moral evil, respectively.

~Sternhauser
[/quote]
What about walking on one's hands?

Edited by Hilde

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam

[quote name='Hilde' date='08 August 2010 - 02:25 AM' timestamp='1281245105' post='2153943']
[/quote]

I think we call that fun or what Sternhauser would in his own serious way refer to as the fact that "appendages exist to serve the true good of the whole body." Obviously, having fun is good for the body.

Edited by Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam

Sternhauser

[quote name='Hilde' date='08 August 2010 - 12:25 AM' timestamp='1281245105' post='2153943']
[/quote]

Like he said. Walking on one's hands for fun is not necessarily disordered, and does serve the good of the body.

~Sternhauser

Edited by Sternhauser

[quote name='KnightofChrist' date='07 August 2010 - 05:33 PM' timestamp='1281227639' post='2153782']
Is it a sin to clean a power outlet with ones tongue?
[/quote]

i did this once when i was 4. got a tingly little shock.

[quote name='Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam' date='07 August 2010 - 10:38 PM' timestamp='1281245935' post='2153950']
I think we call that fun or what Sternhauser would in his own serious way refer to as the fact that "appendages exist to serve the true good of the whole body." Obviously, having fun is good for the body.
[/quote]

at which point, someone more interested in bustin chops that me would bring up that casual sex is fun as well? :P

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam

[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='08 August 2010 - 01:48 PM' timestamp='1281286136' post='2154145']
at which point, someone more interested in bustin chops than me would bring up that casual sex is fun as well? :P
[/quote]

At which point someone would make a distinction between casual sex and walking on one's hands and the distinction in message one sends with one's body when one engages in both of those activities. Also, one would probably end up quoting Sternhauser and say that "appendages exist to serve the true good of the whole" person and casual sex does not serve the whole person, body and soul (mind or whatever you call the animating principle that is distinct from the body). But neither of us is interested in busting chops. :P

Edited by Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='08 August 2010 - 11:48 AM' timestamp='1281286136' post='2154145']
i did this once when i was 4. got a tingly little shock.

[/quote]
I electrocuted myself with the battery from the flashbulb in a disposable camera last Christmas. That was an interesting experience.
Luckily it wasn't my tongue though.

Sternhauser

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='08 August 2010 - 08:01 PM' timestamp='1281315705' post='2154389']
I electrocuted myself with the battery from the flashbulb in a disposable camera last Christmas. That was an interesting experience.
Luckily it wasn't my tongue though.
[/quote]

That was a capacitor. They've got juice.

~Sternhauser

Edited by Sternhauser

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Sternhauser' date='09 August 2010 - 11:35 AM' timestamp='1281371747' post='2154659']
That was a capacitor. They've got juice. Ain't electrocution until you're dead.

~Sternhauser
[/quote]
>_> Electrocuted sounds more dramatic.

Sternhauser

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='09 August 2010 - 11:39 AM' timestamp='1281371953' post='2154662']
>_> Electrocuted sounds more dramatic.
[/quote]

[img]http://www.topofcool.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/drama_queen-360x347.jpg[/img]

~Sternhauser

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Sternhauser' date='09 August 2010 - 12:17 PM' timestamp='1281374251' post='2154689']
[img]http://www.topofcool.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/drama_queen-360x347.jpg[/img]

~Sternhauser
[/quote]
[img]http://rlv.zcache.com/drama_king_tshirt-p235822574311470385y81f_400.jpg[/img]

dairygirl4u2c

i can somewhat see the argument of the feet, being for the body as a whole. and one could argue evolution, and how we are to adapt the usage of our bodies, that's how species evolve. it's still defying it's purpose, though. and could be said to be a sin.

the tongue thing. even Stern says that it's disordered to clean with your tongue. so why aren't people voting that it's wrong to do so? using just gut speak, picking things up with my feet doesnt 'feel' bad.... cleaning things with my tongue like that, would. it feels a whole lot worse than using a condom would feel, per 'gut' speak. (lots of issues this touches on.... contraception, sodomy, maybe not premarital sex as much as mentioned, but somewhat) i dont trust my gut, as it usually follows my rational thoughts, at least in time.

so it's a sin to clean household appliances with your tongue, then? for those who have thoughts similar to Stern.

Edited by dairygirl4u2c

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' date='11 August 2010 - 09:09 AM' timestamp='1281535797' post='2155723']
the tongue thing. even Stern says that it's disordered to clean with your tongue. so why aren't people voting that it's wrong to do so? using just gut speak, picking things up with my feet doesnt 'feel' bad.... cleaning things with my tongue like that, would. it feels a whole lot worse than using a condom would feel, per 'gut' speak. (lots of issues this touches on.... contraception, sodomy, maybe not premarital sex as much as mentioned, but somewhat) i dont trust my gut, as it usually follows my rational thoughts, at least in time.

so it's a sin to clean household appliances with your tongue, then? for those who have thoughts similar to Stern.
[/quote]

Given that it would be a fruitless waste of time, at the very least, and dangerous to oneself and others at worst, yes, it would be sinful.

~Sternhauser

MissScripture

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' date='11 August 2010 - 10:09 AM' timestamp='1281535797' post='2155723']

the tongue thing. even Stern says that it's disordered to clean with your tongue.
[/quote]
I don't think it's so much "disordered" as impossible. If you're licking something with your tongue, it's not actually clean!