An Old School Catholic Message Board

Disciplining Children

Galloglasses' Alt

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='kafka' timestamp='1281127409' post='2153377']
discipline is basically instruction.

A modest and ordinate form of corporeal punishment used on children is a fitting means of instruction especially when teaching them right from wrong. God punishes the human race when they sin and in one sense this is instruction so we may learn the consequences of evil and repent. Punishment for evils committed is just but it is also merciful. If God did not punish us for the severe evils we commit in our consciences and in our bodies then we in our fallen state might not ever realize the wrong we do and all the harm it causes. Ordinate punishment is merciful because it may lead to repentance and changing one's self. So parents are in a sense imitating God when they use ordinate punishment on their children which is in accord with their roles of teaching, leadership and authority over God's children.
[/quote]

Hitting someone and inflicting pain because they don't listen to you as routine punishment in anything but extreme circumstances is wrong and in many cases abusive.

Time to time with disciplining is good. It be good if the mother stay home, so that way children will learn easier

When my children misbehave I just show them a picture of jaime (the artist formerly known as hot stuff). Now, the threat of showing them the picture works. Sometimes people in public get confused when my kids start to act up, and I give them the look and discreetly say, "hot stuuuuf"--and they quickly modify their behavior with fear in their eyes.

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1282254032' post='2160294']
When my children misbehave I just show them a picture of jaime (the artist formerly known as hot stuff) (the artist formerly known as hot stuff). Now, the threat of showing them the picture works. Sometimes people in public get confused when my kids start to act up, and I give them the look and discreetly say, "hot stuuuuf"--and they quickly modify their behavior with fear in their eyes.
[/quote]

I need to get a picture of jaime (the artist formerly known as hot stuff)....

fides quarens intellectum

test: jaime (the artist formerly known as hot stuff) (the artist formerly known as hot stuff). philter off?

sorry - :offtopic:

edit: ah - just a different philter. i see.

Edited by fides quarens intellectum

dominicansoul

jaime (the artist formerly known as hot stuff)

[url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showuser=10803"]Brute Beast[/url] has told me that he has a Baby Brute Beast. Maybe he can offer some advice.

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='Resurrexi' timestamp='1282275606' post='2160455']
[url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showuser=10803"]Brute Beast[/url] has told me that he has a Baby Brute Beast. Maybe he can offer some advice.
[/quote]

Having a baby is nowhere near the same as having a 3 year old, or a 5 year old, or a 7 year old that needs disciplining. :|

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1282316013' post='2160577']
Having a baby is nowhere near the same as having a 3 year old, or a 5 year old, or a 7 year old that needs disciplining. :|
[/quote]
How dare you one-up Brute Beast so.

Having a 3 year old, or a 5 year old, or a 7 year old is nowhere near the same as having a brood of hungry and insane raptors that need disciplining because they ate the neighbors.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' timestamp='1282317229' post='2160595']
How dare you one-up Brute Beast so.

Having a 3 year old, or a 5 year old, or a 7 year old is nowhere near the same as having a brood of hungry and insane raptors that need disciplining because they ate the neighbors.
[/quote]
Wanna bet?? Just wait :)

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' timestamp='1282330806' post='2160692']
Wanna bet?? Just wait :)
[/quote]
:sweat: