An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sheep And Goats

ardillacid

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

KnightofChrist

"The number of the elect is so small - so small - that, were we to know how small it is, we would faint away with grief: one here and there, scattered up and down the world!" - St. Louis Marie de Montfort

KnightofChrist

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='01 August 2010 - 05:13 PM' timestamp='1280697196' post='2150580']
This thread makes me paranoid.
[/quote]

"Fear not, daughter of Sion" - St. John

I think it was in [i]I Believe in Love[/i] that I read that truly the only way for a human being to go to Hell is to rip themselves out of God's arms at the moment of death. That book is wonderful reading material for those who are troubled by fears of going to Hell. It uses the teachings of St. Therese to show us that we can have absolute, undaunted confidence in God's love, His desire to save us, and His ability to overcome our weakness and our sins. He wants to save all of us. He can save all of us. Fear and lack of confidence is what troubles him the most. But we can offer to Him our fear and lack of confidence!

It should be noted with all the saint quotes that if you were to ask most of the saints, they were convinced that they were amongst those going to hell.

Obviously they were wrong about that.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='hot stuff' date='01 August 2010 - 06:43 PM' timestamp='1280702613' post='2150613']
It should be noted with all the saint quotes that if you were to ask most of the saints, they were convinced that they were amongst those going to hell.

Obviously they were wrong about that.
[/quote]

Similarly there are many that are convinced that they are going to heaven, that shall not enter its gates.

I disagree if we were to ask most of the saints many would be convinced they deserved hell, but I don't believe they would be convinced they were going to hell.