An Old School Catholic Message Board

Children's Liturgy Of The Word

TeresaBenedicta

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Ed Normile' date='20 July 2010 - 04:58 AM' timestamp='1279598302' post='2145337']
Many times unruly kids are enabled by a parent, I have noticed the snack parents always have kids bouncing around, even the ones who carry the little bag of goldfish crackers but especially the ones who carry sweetened treats like cheerios or frosted mini wheats, the kids get one the first time they stir, eat it and wind up fidgeting each time they want another. The talking parents usually start the kids talking, and they do not distinguish as well as adults how to whisper and when its not at all appropriate, although I do feel no time during mass is good for discussion. The lift the kids up parents usually start the kid reacting to being set down when their arm gets tired, or worse when they have two or more around the same age who want lifted.
[/quote]
The talking during Mass is actually why I don't attend the family Mass on Sundays or a daily Mass if it's the school Mass. The parents end up being louder than the kids! And of course since the kids see the adults talking on the way up to receive the Eucharist, they are also loud. :ohno:

toledo_jesus

Watching the precious angels trudge up to get a saccharine little blessing from the priest and then tromp out while soft-hearted women sigh at just how cute they are...it makes me sick. :annoyed:

[quote name='toledo_jesus' date='21 July 2010 - 07:05 PM' timestamp='1279764302' post='2146217']
Watching the precious angels trudge up to get a saccharine little blessing from the priest and then tromp out while soft-hearted women sigh at just how cute they are...it makes me sick. :annoyed:
[/quote]
<_< yeah, cute little kids are so annoying <_<

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Lil Red' date='22 July 2010 - 12:16 PM' timestamp='1279815418' post='2146321']
<_< yeah, cute little kids are so annoying <_<
[/quote]

Annoying little kids are so cute.

let_go_let_God

For my DRE/YM stuff I need to take a series of classes put on by the Center for Ministry Development. One of the classes I recently took was on prayer and worship. We took some time to ask our teacher about this practice. In short we were told that the practice is "acceptable" for children under First Communion age. The reason is that it allows them to learn the Scriptures at their level and be allowed to learn them more in depth.

While I do not agree with the process, the explanation we were given makes sense. I would cut it down but if it is something that the parish seems to be benefiting from I would not cut it altogether yet. I would allow it to remain but see if you can find a more beneficial generational program to help connect the children to older members of the parish through Scripture either prior or after mass.

God bless-
LGLG