An Old School Catholic Message Board

Where Would You Rather Live?

Gregorius

Which government would you rather live under?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

DevotedtoHim

I agree with Luigi and AMDG. They said it perfectly. Nothing to add but my vote, which I did.

Katherine

So, the question is basically, would you rather be violently persecuted for the Faith by atheists, or by Muslims?

Though I'm no fan of Mohammedism, I picked the latter. Some of the worst atrocities in history were committed by atheistic Communist regimes. (Something conveniently ignored by the "religion is the root of all evil" secularist crowd). Once a society rejects God and moral norms, there's really no checks on its depravity.
Islam, for all its evils, at least recognizes a transcendent moral order, while modern secularism extols vice and immorality, and condemns virtue.

Lilllabettt

White martyrdom or red martyrdom?

Red all the way. I'm too milktoast to hold out for decades.

So .. the Islamic one, I guess.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Lilllabettt' date='09 July 2010 - 01:27 PM' timestamp='1278700031' post='2139976']
White martyrdom or red martyrdom?

Red all the way. I'm too milktoast to hold out for decades.

So .. the Islamic one, I guess.
[/quote]
If someone implies that you're supporting Sharia law, my life will be complete. ^_^ That would totally rock my world.

I'm saying that with perfect, innocent, agenda-less sincerity!! :))

I voted for extreme secularism, because it is more likely to be overthrown in the long run.

• 2 weeks later...
Vincent Vega

Secular:
1. I would at least have some freedom of speech and certainly freedom of religion (or be at least persecuted in a less...'mortal' way)
2. Things like reversing the legalisation of abortion would not be impossible (many secular humanists are pro-life).

There is something to be said for those who are strong enough to endure martyrdom to the point of death. I do not believe that I am that strong.

Edited by USAirwaysIHS

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' date='23 July 2010 - 04:40 PM' timestamp='1279921205' post='2147167']
There is something to be said for those who are strong enough to endure martyrdom to the point of death. I do not believe that I am that strong.
[/quote]
I'd like to believe I am, but I'll bet I'd be a bit of a wimp when it comes to torture. :sadwalk:

MissScripture

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='09 July 2010 - 11:46 AM' timestamp='1278690362' post='2139902']
Since I prefer to be treated as a person and not a commodity, I voted for the first option.
[/quote]
So you're saying women are not treated like a commodity in secular society? I'd have to disagree with that. :mellow:

fides quarens intellectum

[quote name='MissScripture' date='23 July 2010 - 04:59 PM' timestamp='1279922344' post='2147190']
So you're saying women are not treated like a commodity in secular society? I'd have to disagree with that. :mellow:
[/quote]

Good catch; guess I missed that one. I'd have to agree with you (in terms of disagreeing, i guess? :hehe: ). Yes, I think women are very often treated as commodities in extremely secular societies. :( Lord, help us.

HisChildForever

[quote name='MissScripture' date='23 July 2010 - 05:59 PM' timestamp='1279922344' post='2147190']
[/quote]

Compared to Islamic societies where women have virtually no rights? Again, I pick secular.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='23 July 2010 - 05:54 PM' timestamp='1279922063' post='2147184']
I'd like to believe I am, but I'll bet I'd be a bit of a wimp when it comes to torture. :sadwalk:
[/quote]

I second that! :unsure: