An Old School Catholic Message Board

Facing Struggles

OnlySunshine

OnlySunshine

[quote name='laetitia crucis' date='01 July 2010 - 07:39 AM' timestamp='1277984381' post='2136522']
Oh wow -- I had never heard of these nuns before! If I were discerning a cloistered contemplative vocation, I do believe I would have to check these nuns out. :clapping:
[/quote]

I sent them an email for the first time last night after looking at their website for the umpteenth time! :D I also sent one to Summit's Dominicans (and received a reply back today!). Sr. Mary Catharine is sending me some vocational literature. :yahoo: Hopefully, when I get this work thing situated, I can hash out a weekend visit. ;)

ALSO:

I have very good news! I went and talked to the Assistant Director of Nursing today (who was our acting Unit Manager as the regular one is out for a few days) and told her the situation (I talked with her for 45 minutes after my shift!). She completely agrees that something needs to change and plans to talk to the nurses (the Unit Manager/LPN and the charge nurse). :bigpray: Also, she told me that if I want to work on my time management issue, she'd be willing to shadow me a little tomorrow and see what I can change! :yahoo: FINALLY, someone is willing to listen to me and train me to be a better CNA! HALLELUJAH!

Please pray that this works out well in the end. I am a little bit worried about retaliation from the other nurses, but not so much that I wouldn't talk to the ADON again. God-willing, if I do end up leaving, at least they will know MY side and understand the reason [i]why[/i] I left. :)

laetitia crucis

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' date='01 July 2010 - 05:11 PM' timestamp='1278018662' post='2136729']
I sent them an email for the first time last night after looking at their website for the umpteenth time! :D I also sent one to Summit's Dominicans (and received a reply back today!). Sr. Mary Catharine is sending me some vocational literature. :yahoo: Hopefully, when I get this work thing situated, I can hash out a weekend visit. ;)

ALSO:

I have very good news! I went and talked to the Assistant Director of Nursing today (who was our acting Unit Manager as the regular one is out for a few days) and told her the situation (I talked with her for 45 minutes after my shift!). She completely agrees that something needs to change and plans to talk to the nurses (the Unit Manager/LPN and the charge nurse). :bigpray: Also, she told me that if I want to work on my time management issue, she'd be willing to shadow me a little tomorrow and see what I can change! :yahoo: FINALLY, someone is willing to listen to me and train me to be a better CNA! HALLELUJAH!

Please pray that this works out well in the end. I am a little bit worried about retaliation from the other nurses, but not so much that I wouldn't talk to the ADON again. God-willing, if I do end up leaving, at least they will know MY side and understand the reason [i]why[/i] I left. :)
[/quote]

Ooooh -- lots of exciting things happening!!! :clapping: Prayers [i]all around[/i]!!!

:bigpray:

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' date='29 June 2010 - 07:32 AM' timestamp='1277811163' post='2135726']
The more I think about it, the more I realize that my unit manager is just taking the easy way out. Instead of training me to be better, she's talking me out of what I'm passionate about. I shouldn't give her this much power over my life, especially if I felt before all of this that God was calling me to be a nurse. I need to learn to trust a heck of a lot better!

BTW, I got the day off today since we were overstaffed :rolleyes: so I'm going to be going around doing job hunting. I could sure use the prayers. :saint:
[/quote]

I think this deserves 10 points but can only give you one!! :thumbsup: You are in my prayer as you search for a place with more dedicated supervisors and continue to pursue your passion :twothumbsup:

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' date='01 July 2010 - 05:11 PM' timestamp='1278018662' post='2136729']

ALSO:

[/quote]

Wow! It seems that there are many blessings coming your way. This is great news. I'll continue praying for you.
Orans