An Old School Catholic Message Board

Textbooks Presenting Altered State Of History?

Lil Red

[quote name='Winchester' date='30 June 2010 - 06:55 PM' timestamp='1277938531' post='2136359']
Regan:[img]http://www.terrortube.com/gallery/files/1/8/demon_regan.jpg[/img]
Reagan:
[img]http://www.classroomhelp.com/lessons/Presidents/presimages/Regan.jpg[/img]
Note the flag. Commie.
[/quote]
Hassan was pwned. :lol_roll: :topsy:

[quote name='Arco' date='30 June 2010 - 04:03 PM' timestamp='1277928212' post='2136298']
Um....the US *was* a Cold War aggressor. It wasn't just sunshine and bunnies on our end of things.
[/quote]
Um . . . Evil Empires typically aren't brought down only by sunshine and bunnies.

Just as it wasn't sunshine and bunnies that defeated the Axis Powers in WWII.

Let's shed some big, wet, soppy tears for Hitler and the Nazis while we're at it.

[quote name='Winchester' date='30 June 2010 - 10:08 PM' timestamp='1277950082' post='2136445']
Love is not a synonym for being nice and noncombative.
[/quote]
croutons! Accidental "-1" That was supposed to be a "+1"

Vincent Vega

[quote name='Socrates' date='30 June 2010 - 10:34 PM' timestamp='1277951663' post='2136455']
croutons! Accidental "-1" That was supposed to be a "+1"
[/quote]
Way to be combative.

[quote name='Socrates' date='30 June 2010 - 10:54 PM' timestamp='1277949299' post='2136437']
Um . . . Evil Empires typically aren't brought down only by sunshine and bunnies.

Let's shed some big, wet, soppy tears for Hitler and the Nazis while we're at it.
[/quote]

Dude, what is your [i]problem[/i]?

Did I say that I expected the USSR to be brought down by sunshine and bunnies? Did I say express *one word* of sympathy or "big, wet, sloppy tears" for that Marxist horror show?

No. I didn't.

But at the same time, I'm not going to pretend that every single thing we did in the Cold War was right and just simply because we did it or because it was done in the Glorious Cause. Ends cannot justify means, and we should never do evil that good might come of it. We don't sin that grace should abound. That's bad theology *and* bad ethics. It's a deeply evil sentiment which has been the cause of much suffering in the world. And I daresay it's the same bloody problem that Marxism and fascism have, too -- to recognize a problem, and declare that Nothing Will Stand In Our Way.

I try to be an honest assessor of history, which I try to view through the lens of Christ. What that ends up doing is making me unpopular on every angle. I'm not a patriot. But I'm not a pinko pacifist, either.

[quote name='Socrates' date='30 June 2010 - 09:54 PM' timestamp='1277949299' post='2136437']

[/quote]

How was the USSR brought down, Socrates?

Winchester

[quote name='Arco' date='30 June 2010 - 10:47 PM' timestamp='1277952433' post='2136459']
But I'm not a pinko pacifist, either.
[/quote]
Pinkos aren't really pacifists.

It's a cover.

[quote name='MIkolbe' date='30 June 2010 - 11:09 PM' timestamp='1277953750' post='2136465']
i hear dancin' music....
[/quote]

You got off tinychat before I could give you my special message.

[quote name='Winchester' date='01 July 2010 - 12:12 AM' timestamp='1277953958' post='2136467']
Pinkos aren't really pacifists.

It's a cover.
[/quote]

It was rhetorical. I am well aware pinkos are inherently supportive of class revolution.

Winchester

[quote name='Arco' date='30 June 2010 - 11:14 PM' timestamp='1277954089' post='2136470']
It was rhetorical. I am well aware pinkos are inherently supportive of class revolution.
[/quote]
By rhetorical, do you mean "I was combining too many ideas and got distracted by the Jerklotron"?