An Old School Catholic Message Board

Are Our Criminals Treated Better Than The Victims?

Selah

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was just on Trutv.com. I viewed some of the last meals of the criminals on death row. It was pretty ridiculous. Some of these guys had anything ranging from 2 chocolate shakes and a bucket of kfc chicken...some ranging to food made for a family of 6!

Are you kidding me? This bothered me. These people, convicted felons and murderers are being catered to simply because it's their last day? Really? It just seems all topsy turvy, and it bugged me.

Why are these people allowed to indulge and fatten themselves up just because their being put to death that night? People like that, Ted Bundys and BTK's need to be secluded in solitary confinemant with a bowl of beef stew, not catered 2 buckets of Kentucky Fried Chicken and 3 bottles of coke!

So yeah. That's me.

Oh, and here's the link:

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/photogallery/last-meals.html

No. You can't just vote. You need to explain yourself. Why you disagree with me or agree.

Why you think it's perfectly fine for someone like the OK bomber, who ruined lives and killed innocent children, some infants, to receive something like "lethal injection".

/end rant

Edited by Selah

Those are just the guys who got caught. The guy who slit my brother Dail's throat never spent a day in jail for that crime. His lawyer was good with continuances. Same for the guy who hit my brother Jimmy in the face with a tire iron. He was a minor. The guy who hurt me never even got arrested. I got the life sentence though.

Semper Catholic

No they are not.

Not to take the side of criminals but they are not.

It's their last meal for goodness sakes.

[quote name='Semper Catholic' date='24 June 2010 - 01:27 AM' timestamp='1277357229' post='2133541']
No they are not.

[/quote]
I agree. Their lives are over, and we are going to begrudge them some KFC?

[quote name='Selah' date='23 June 2010 - 07:04 PM' timestamp='1277334269' post='2133390']

Why you think it's perfectly fine for someone like the OK bomber, who ruined lives and killed innocent children, some infants, to receive something like "lethal injection".

/end rant
[/quote]
What do you want him to receive? Burn him alive? Is it not enough that we are executing him?

TeresaBenedicta

Our judicial system isn't perfect.

But, I don't think it's unreasonable to give a choice meal for someone's last meal. Is it necessary? No. But it doesn't bother me much.

Considering prison is the worst place in america, I don't think criminals are treated better than the victims of crimes. I mean there's tons of violence in prisons, gang related, racially related, etc. People get raped and beaten on a daily basis, sometimes people are stabbed, and killed.

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='24 June 2010 - 01:57 AM' timestamp='1277359055' post='2133558']
concurrence.
[/quote]
I am now reconsidering my position

[quote name='Semper Catholic' date='23 June 2010 - 11:27 PM' timestamp='1277357229' post='2133541']
No they are not.

[/quote]

I am absolutely not an advocate for an "eye-for-an-eye" way of treating criminals (and am, in most situations, not even an advocate of the death penalty at all), but seriously... the man who rapes and brutally murders a 6 year old girl probably didn't ask her what the last meal of her dreams was... and I really don't think that he deserves or should get a T-bone steak, filet mignon and a bucket of KFC and milkshakes just because it's his last meal. (Which, keep in mind, is paid for by taxpayers).

BibleReader

I don't think its really relevant. If you are on death row, why does it matter what we do. I mean there's nothing else on earth that we can do after this for them. Even so, the eye of justice is supposed to be blind. Once time served, then you are once again penalty paid, clear with the law. All the little details are indifferent, and to be honest I don't think ex-cons and such should be persecuted. What would happen if God treated us that way? Now whether or not the justice system is [i]perfect[/i] is a whole different story.