An Old School Catholic Message Board

Checklist

JTheresa

TeresaBenedicta

The nerd in me really [i]really[/i] wants to go to Harry Potter-land in Florida. Like really bad.

[quote name='laetitia crucis' date='23 June 2010 - 06:30 AM' timestamp='1277289017' post='2133188']
I'm going to have a Star Trek themed slumber party!

I gotta make more converts before I leave, y'know... :evil:
[/quote]

:clapping: That sounds like a great mother daughter night!!! My mom is a HUGE Trekky, but she's so swamped lately that she doesn't get a whole lot of "play time".

[quote name='TradMom' date='24 June 2010 - 02:51 PM' timestamp='1277405483' post='2133699']
+Praised be Jesus Christ!

I have been thinking of things you might do before your entrance, and I have come up with a few...

Have dinner at a really fancy restaurant (remember that vow of poverty looming over you!!! :saint: )

[color="#0000FF"]Hmm.... :eat: [/color]

Spend a day (or a weekend!) napping or just lounging around in your p.j.'s!

Have a marathon movie (or television series) weekend with your friends. One of my daughters did this (they watched the whole "The Office" - English version - in one weekend!) and the whole family made lots of treats and joined in (though in all honesty the British humor was not all the way perfect for the younger kids - and we had to make some adjustments for their little eyes and ears!!). It was great fun, and definitely something you would not expect to enjoy in convent life! It's fun to pick a theme and go with that...there are so many shows on DVD that you might have missed! (Especially the "pay shows" though I know some of them are not suitable language wise! Or content wise - but you get the idea! Even some of the regular TV shows, which are more appropriate, are on a whole DVD set!)

I will think of more ideas for you. We have seen two daughters off to contemplative life and one was much more interested in saying goodbye in a "grand" way, while the other just wanted to get there! I think some of you will be able to guess who was who!!!! :detective:

Lots of prayers to you, dear! I am very happy you are joining such a lovely Order. May God be with you as you prepare for the beginning of a wonderful life!

Pax,

TradMom
[/quote]

Congratulations TradMom!! It's so wonderful to hear that you have [i]two[/i] daughters in religious life! You have some great ideas! I'm definitely the one who just wants to get there!! But I would like to spend some special time with my family and friends, since seeing and communicating with them will be very limited.

Right now I'm hyped on the idea of lounging around in my pjs, eating Edy's ice cream and playing video games with my nine year old sister Monica. It really helps narrow the age gap and sounds like a lot of fun!!!

Edited by JTheresa

OnlySunshine

If I ever get accepted to a community, I'm doing some definite traveling before entering. I'm thinking Europe. I would travel even if I wasn't entering.

I would also have a pre-entrance "bachelorette" party. I've heard of these before and you get to talk to your friends and ask for stuff that is on your entrance necessities list. :)

JMJ
I would like to have a Bride of Christ Barn Dance (except with english country dancing), a pizza party with my friends, a chance to do a week of classes at Anaheim Ballet (Ihope I can bring my pointe shoes to the convent for recreation or something :-)) to sit in my bed for a week and read, to eat Edy's Ice Cream for a week, and several Vanilla Bean Cream Frappucinos! Oh yeah, and a two week cruise, haha[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/lol_roll.gif[/img]

When I entered the 1st time ... I went with my family to disneyworld. I had never been there ... ever. neither had my mom. So we had a blast!!!!!

The 2nd time ... I didn't do much. I visited my godchildren before entering. I did go to Medjugorje about 8 - 9 months before entering.

If (and that's a big if) there is a 3rd time ... disneyworld is on the list again. Maybe holy land. I dunno. I'll think about that if I get to that point again.

laetitia crucis

[quote name='cmariadiaz' date='26 June 2010 - 03:07 PM' timestamp='1277579269' post='2134582']
When I entered the 1st time ... I went with my family to disneyworld. I had never been there ... ever. neither had my mom. So we had a blast!!!!!

The 2nd time ... I didn't do much. I visited my godchildren before entering. I did go to Medjugorje about 8 - 9 months before entering.

If (and that's a big if) there is a 3rd time ... disneyworld is on the list again. Maybe holy land. I dunno. I'll think about that if I get to that point again.
[/quote]

I still want to go to Disneyworld. I don't think this will ever happen in my lifetime. :lol:

Hmmm... I should ponder how to make this happen.... :think:

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='laetitia crucis' date='26 June 2010 - 04:09 PM' timestamp='1277579345' post='2134583']
I still want to go to Disneyworld. I don't think this will ever happen in my lifetime. :lol:

Hmmm... I should ponder how to make this happen.... :think:
[/quote]

DISNEYWORLD!!!!!!! :love: I've only been to Disneyworld once-- we went my senior year of high school as a band trip (note: from WA state to FL). I was the drum major (leader & conductor of the marching band) and we marched down mainstreet to open the night-time parade!! Oh it was excellent!! Scary as all get-out though, 'cause we (me and the second drum major) had just been given brand new maces (conducting sticks) and we had put together some spins that included throwing them up in the air and what not. But at night time it was so hard to see them!! Sorry, that was a bit :offtopic:

I really wanna go to Disneyland with nephews and niece before I enter. I can only imagine how much more alive the place will be with the little ones, how much they would love it!!! And since I already love it... It'd be great!

I think that's really the [i]one[/i] thing that I [i]really, REALLY[/i] want to do before entering.

brightsadness

Last fishing trip with D ad and my 3 brothers. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/grouphug.gif[/img] Just us for the weekend after the fourth.

• 2 weeks later...
MissScripture

I threw my sister a "bachelorette party" where we went to adoration and her best friend brought her guitar and we all sang the Chaplet of Divine Mercy, together, and then did night prayer (My dad was sweet enough to set up everything at our parish for us to do this, so that we didn't disturb anyone at the 24-hr adoration chapel). Then we were going to go home and roast hot dogs, but the weather was bad, so again, my darling dad stepped in and cooked them on the grill for us. Then we watched movies, roasted marshmallows over the stove (still storming out, lol), and watched more movies and ate popcorn until we fell asleep. Then, the next morning we went to Mass. Oh! And I got her a t-shirt that said "BRIDE of Christ." ^_^ She LOVED it, and has been wearing it as much as possible since then. ^_^

My sister has been just trying to say goodbye to everyone, particularly grandparents who won't be able to visit her, and she may not see again (as they're getting old rapidly). She is also spending quite a bit of time with her Goddaughter. And she and dad are going to go camping with me and my hubby in a few weeks, and she also went camping with her friends last week.

Hopefully that helps with ideas?

Oh, and we played a retaliation joke on some friends who felt the need to play practical jokes on us. It's been pretty much epic. lol.

Mary Veronica

[quote name='MissScripture' date='08 July 2010 - 12:02 AM' timestamp='1278556330' post='2139156']
I threw my sister a "bachelorette party" where we went to adoration and her best friend brought her guitar and we all sang the Chaplet of Divine Mercy, together, and then did night prayer (My dad was sweet enough to set up everything at our parish for us to do this, so that we didn't disturb anyone at the 24-hr adoration chapel). Then we were going to go home and roast hot dogs, but the weather was bad, so again, my darling dad stepped in and cooked them on the grill for us. Then we watched movies, roasted marshmallows over the stove (still storming out, lol), and watched more movies and ate popcorn until we fell asleep. Then, the next morning we went to Mass. Oh! And I got her a t-shirt that said "BRIDE of Christ." [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/happy.gif[/img] She LOVED it, and has been wearing it as much as possible since then. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/happy.gif[/img]

My sister has been just trying to say goodbye to everyone, particularly grandparents who won't be able to visit her, and she may not see again (as they're getting old rapidly). She is also spending quite a bit of time with her Goddaughter. And she and dad are going to go camping with me and my hubby in a few weeks, and she also went camping with her friends last week.

Hopefully that helps with ideas?

Oh, and we played a retaliation joke on some friends who felt the need to play practical jokes on us. It's been pretty much epic. lol.
[/quote]

[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/twothumbsup.gif[/img]

I might get some friends together and teepee my house. Immature, but fun. :)

A bachelorette party sound like fun! But we are in the middle of a major move right now and I don't think that it would work out. :( Our house is in no condition for a party.

laetitia crucis

[quote name='JTheresa' date='08 July 2010 - 03:13 PM' timestamp='1278616393' post='2139389']
I might get some friends together and teepee my house. Immature, but fun. :)

A bachelorette party sound like fun! But we are in the middle of a major move right now and I don't think that it would work out. :( Our house is in no condition for a party.
[/quote]

Could one of your friends host the party at their house?

[quote name='laetitia crucis' date='08 July 2010 - 04:51 PM' timestamp='1278622296' post='2139440']
Could one of your friends host the party at their house?
[/quote]
Idk, probably. But is don't wanna be like "hey you should throw me a party at your place!"

Another big problem is that anyone of my friends wouldn't know who to invite. I hang out in a couple different circles that don't gel too well. :(
oh well. Maybe my little sister will work out something real cool as a surprise. They throw me a surprise 18th bday party back in Jan. And they did a really good job. I've never been so surprised in my life!! (except when I discovered I was called to religious life. That was a bit of a shocker. :shock: )