An Old School Catholic Message Board

Rastafarianism

Vincent Vega

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Marie-Therese

[quote name='desertwoman' date='22 June 2010 - 10:29 PM' timestamp='1277260146' post='2133087']
Yep. They are messianic. I just got tired of them denying history. One thing is they will tell you that its a lie that you are descended from African slaves. Man, please! Then where did your daddy come from? He is black as day and he aint Jewish! Crazy folks.....crazy.
[/quote]

Let me tell you...I lived a long time in SC (twice in Charleston) and reading this post was like being home. I can practically hear your accent. :twothumbsup:

I miss the Battery and going to the Market. Dang.

desertwoman

[quote name='Marie-Therese' date='23 June 2010 - 01:13 PM' timestamp='1277313191' post='2133255']
Let me tell you...I lived a long time in SC (twice in Charleston) and reading this post was like being home. I can practically hear your accent. :twothumbsup:

I miss the Battery and going to the Market. Dang.
[/quote]

LOL! Thanks. Glad to bring some memories back to you though sugafoot.

I find it interesting how more phatmassers apparently consider Islam a genuinely Abrahamic religion, as opposed to religions such as Rastafarianism. Mormonism, Seventh-Day Adventism, etc.
Islam is a false religion which blatantly denies the divinity of Christ, and the truth of the Christian gospels. Like the more recently-founded cults such as Mormonism, it claims to be the true fulfillment of Abrahamic/Mosaic religion while denying essential Christian doctrines based on the "revelations" of a self-styled "prophet."

I don't know whether it's because Islam's older origin makes it regarded as somehow more legitimate than the 19th and 20th century cults, or if it's out of a certain politically-correct reverence towards Islam which seems fashionable in certain Catholic circles today.

Islam is no more true religion than the other false religions and cults listed, and in fact holds gives Christ a lower standing (as a merely human "prophet") than most of them. (And whatever else might be said about them, the number of Mormon suicide-bombers and JW jihadists are, as far as I know, remarkably low.)

Rastafarian: pronounced,[i] Rosterfarian[/i]

Definition: A society of persons dedicated to making endless lists of names for participants in various events. No? :topsy:

HisChildForever

[quote name='Socrates' date='25 June 2010 - 02:17 PM' timestamp='1277489837' post='2134121']
I find it interesting how more phatmassers apparently consider Islam a genuinely Abrahamic religion, as opposed to religions such as Rastafarianism. Mormonism, Seventh-Day Adventism, etc.
Islam is a false religion which blatantly denies the divinity of Christ, and the truth of the Christian gospels. Like the more recently-founded cults such as Mormonism, it claims to be the true fulfillment of Abrahamic/Mosaic religion while denying essential Christian doctrines based on the "revelations" of a self-styled "prophet."

I don't know whether it's because Islam's older origin makes it regarded as somehow more legitimate than the 19th and 20th century cults, or if it's out of a certain politically-correct reverence towards Islam which seems fashionable in certain Catholic circles today.

Islam is no more true religion than the other false religions and cults listed, and in fact holds gives Christ a lower standing (as a merely human "prophet") than most of them. (And whatever else might be said about them, the number of Mormon suicide-bombers and JW jihadists are, as far as I know, remarkably low.)
[/quote]

I was surprised too. Well said. The god of Islam does not acknowledge Christ as Son, therefore that god cannot be the same as ours.

Vincent Vega

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='25 June 2010 - 03:42 PM' timestamp='1277494954' post='2134143']
I was surprised too. Well said. The god of Islam does not acknowledge Christ as Son, therefore that god cannot be the same as ours.
[/quote]
The Rabinnic Jews do not believe in our God?

goldenchild17

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='25 June 2010 - 01:42 PM' timestamp='1277494954' post='2134143']
[/quote]

whether its infallible or not, both pre and post Vatican II Church say that it can be, and is. I don't understand it personally, but I voted that they do because of this, I just go with it.

Edited by goldenchild17

HisChildForever

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' date='25 June 2010 - 03:45 PM' timestamp='1277495133' post='2134145']
The Rabinnic Jews do not believe in our God?
[/quote]

Judaism came before Christianity. Islam came after Christianity. The Jews believe the Messiah has yet to come and are waiting for Him. They embrace the Old Testament, not the New. Judaism is our history, Islam is not.

HisChildForever

[quote name='goldenchild17' date='25 June 2010 - 03:55 PM' timestamp='1277495716' post='2134149']
whether its infallible or not, both pre and post Vatican II Church say that it can be, and is. I don't understand it personally, but I voted that they do because of this, I just go with it.
[/quote]

I do not know any Muslim who would agree that they worship the same God as Christians and Jews.

Vincent Vega

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='25 June 2010 - 04:57 PM' timestamp='1277499469' post='2134181']
Judaism came before Christianity. Islam came after Christianity. The Jews believe the Messiah has yet to come and are waiting for Him. They embrace the Old Testament, not the New. Judaism is our history, Islam is not.
[/quote]
Rabbinnic Judaism is not our history.

[quote name='aalpha1989' date='07 May 2010 - 11:08 AM' timestamp='1273244916' post='2106273']
No. But seriously, Biblical Judaism was instituted by God and was a good and holy thing. Rabbinic Judaism, which has abandoned the sacrifice in the Temple among other essentials of Judaism, is not the same religion. Jesus was not a Rabbinic Jew, he was a Biblical Jew. There is a huge difference.
[/quote]

[quote name='Resurrexi' date='07 May 2010 - 07:31 PM' timestamp='1273275070' post='2106518']
'And first of all, by the death of our Redeemer, the New Testament took the place of the Old Law which had been abolished; then the Law of Christ together with its mysteries, enactments, institutions, and sacred rites was ratified for the whole world in the blood of Jesus Christ. For, while our Divine Savior was preaching in a restricted area - He was not sent but to the sheep that were lost of the House of Israel - the Law and the Gospel were together in force; but on the gibbet of His death Jesus made void the Law with its decrees fastened the handwriting of the Old Testament to the Cross, establishing the New Testament in His blood shed for the whole human race. "To such an extent, then," says St. Leo the Great, speaking of the Cross of our Lord, "was there effected a transfer from the Law to the Gospel, from the Synagogue to the Church, from the many sacrifices to one Victim, that, as Our Lord expired, that mystical veil which shut off the innermost part of the temple and its sacred secret was rent violently from top to bottom."' (Pope Pius XII, [i]Mystici Corporis Christi[/i], 29)
[/quote]

Vincent Vega

I'm just genuinely curious. I can see both sides of the Islam thing, I'm just wondering, from your point of view, whether the religion of the post-Christ Jews are Abrahamic or not.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='25 June 2010 - 05:56 PM' timestamp='1277503017' post='2134201']
Okay, I confused them.
[/quote]

It happens to the best of us.