An Old School Catholic Message Board

Rastafarianism

Vincent Vega

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Vincent Vega

From Wiki:
"The Rastafari movement is a monotheistic, Abrahamic, new religious movement that arose in a Christian culture in Jamaica in the 1930s. Its adherents, who worship Haile Selassie I of Ethiopia, former Emperor of Ethiopia (1930–1936 and 1941–1974), as the Second Advent, are known as Rastafarians, or Rastas."

*Recalling of course that true worship occurs only in the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass.

Mark of the Cross
:bigthink: You ask some tough questions US. I wouldn't answer a poll like this because I don't consider myself able to make such a judgement. :idontknow: Hopefully the answers won't start any squabbles. I prefer to just keep my eyes fixed on Jesus and the Church he started. :) It might have been good to include an I don't know option or to get the views of the people that follow those religions.

Vincent Vega

[quote name='desertwoman' date='21 June 2010 - 06:11 PM' timestamp='1277158274' post='2132414']
You forgot Hebrew Israelite. A lot of my family are.
[/quote]
Well shame on anyone who would argue that the Jews aren't Abrahamic. :topsy:

[quote name='Mark of the Cross' date='21 June 2010 - 07:12 PM' timestamp='1277161963' post='2132452']Hopefully the answers won't start any squabbles.
[/quote]
This is the debate table. If there were no squabbles, it'd be called open mic. :saint:

[quote name='notardillacid' date='21 June 2010 - 08:15 PM' timestamp='1277162103' post='2132454']
false
[/quote]

BEARS. BEETS.

desertwoman

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' date='21 June 2010 - 09:19 PM' timestamp='1277169563' post='2132514']
Well shame on anyone who would argue that the Jews aren't Abrahamic. :topsy:

This is the debate table. If there were no squabbles, it'd be called open mic. :saint:
[/quote]

Ha! They mostly say that black people are the original Jews.

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='desertwoman' date='22 June 2010 - 02:50 PM' timestamp='1277175009' post='2132567']
Ha! They mostly say that black people are the original Jews.
[/quote]

We had a man come to our Church one day, dark skinned and of middle eastern appearance. I wondered if that's what Jesus looked like. In fact I think it logical that Jesus would have taken the middle line and have been between black and white. One of the nice things in East Timor is that the people range from black through to white and all shades between, so colour is never noticed. Well not until I got there, they were intrigued about the white patch on top of my head.

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' date='22 June 2010 - 01:19 PM' timestamp='1277169563' post='2132514']
[/quote]

[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/uploads/av-3890.jpg[/img] true

Is Rastafarian anything like Pastafarian?

Edited by Mark of the Cross

[quote name='desertwoman' date='21 June 2010 - 07:11 PM' timestamp='1277158274' post='2132414']
You forgot Hebrew Israelite. A lot of my family are.
[/quote]

Are some Black Hebrews "messianic" as well?

Vincent Vega

[quote name='Seven77' date='22 June 2010 - 05:20 PM' timestamp='1277241615' post='2132946']
Rastafarianism is idolatry b/c it is adoration of a mere human (who happened to be a Catholic, btw)
[/quote]
Haile Selassie was Ethiopian Orthodox.

desertwoman

[quote name='Seven77' date='22 June 2010 - 05:16 PM' timestamp='1277241415' post='2132943']
Are some Black Hebrews "messianic" as well?
[/quote]

Yep. They are messianic. I just got tired of them denying history. One thing is they will tell you that its a lie that you are descended from African slaves. Man, please! Then where did your daddy come from? He is black as day and he aint Jewish! Crazy folks.....crazy.

Vincent Vega

[quote name='desertwoman' date='22 June 2010 - 10:29 PM' timestamp='1277260146' post='2133087']
Yep. They are messianic. I just got tired of them denying history. One thing is they will tell you that its a lie that you are descended from African slaves. Man, please! Then where did your daddy come from? He is black as day and he aint Jewish! Crazy folks.....crazy.
[/quote]
:sweat: