An Old School Catholic Message Board

Are There Any Carmelites Around Here?

mariaassunta

[quote name='Mary Veronica' date='21 June 2010 - 09:36 PM' timestamp='1277174175' post='2132558']
wait, I think they're more than calced or discalced. I'm preparing to enter an eremitical carmelite order. so than would that be a "one-sole" LOL. calced, discalced, or one-soled.

ahhh, nevermind.

Our Lady of Mount Carmel, pray for all of us who share in the spirit of the Order <3 and in the spirit of everything that you've influenced.
[/quote]

:doh: sorry I only thought of the two most obvious choices. If you don't mind posting it does your community have a website? That way MM can check them out too :lol: :saint:

Mary Veronica

[quote name='vee8' date='22 June 2010 - 11:32 AM' timestamp='1277215357' post='2132733']
:doh: sorry I only thought of the two most obvious choices. If you don't mind posting it does your community have a website? That way MM can check them out too :lol: :saint:
[/quote]

sure! yes the community has a website [b][url="http://hermitsofourladyofmountcarmel.org/"]H.O.Carm[/url][/b]. when I first saw it, I was a bit impressed of how hermits might want to present themselves online. but then I got curious too, like all discerners, of other things. like how did they get online? (they don't go online, the diocese helped them) why did they take in pets? (someone left them at their front door when they were building the foundation. today, they no longer have the pets). why do the photos [i]actually[/i] look like their in a dusty desert in the middle of nowhere with no enclosure? (when I visited, I realized they don't have a digital camera. the place was lush green with many pink, white, blue perennial plants and bushes. the hermitages were bold and a beautiful hazlenut-brown. and they have gates and high-wooden planks lining up the enclosure. they also have tall thin trees to give lots of shade over the hermitages and break the strong winds, as they are set on a steep hill.). seeing that I've painted a picture of paradise, I must also add that being there for two-weeks inside a hermitage by myself with the Blessed Sacrament, was not always paradise interiorly. and during those trying times with Our Lord, I was exceedingly glad that His Creation around me provided a calming assurance of paradise lol (St. Clare and St. Francis, pray for us). wish I could share more, but I rather encourage that whoever may feel interested, go talk to them and see for themselves.

Overall, I think it's worth to see the communities that we're discerning face to face. it was a blessing to be there, and I'm happy to go back for the 3 month trial (which is required before a formal entrance into postulancy).

[quote name='Mary Veronica' date='22 June 2010 - 11:49 PM' timestamp='1277268594' post='2133140']
sure! yes the community has a website [b][url="http://hermitsofourladyofmountcarmel.org/"]H.O.Carm[/url][/b]. when I first saw it, I was a bit impressed of how hermits might want to present themselves online. but then I got curious too, like all discerners, of other things. like how did they get online? (they don't go online, the diocese helped them) why did they take in pets? (someone left them at their front door when they were building the foundation. today, they no longer have the pets). why do the photos [i]actually[/i] look like their in a dusty desert in the middle of nowhere with no enclosure? (when I visited, I realized they don't have a digital camera. the place was lush green with many pink, white, blue perennial plants and bushes. the hermitages were bold and a beautiful hazlenut-brown. and they have gates and high-wooden planks lining up the enclosure. they also have tall thin trees to give lots of shade over the hermitages and break the strong winds, as they are set on a steep hill.). seeing that I've painted a picture of paradise, I must also add that being there for two-weeks inside a hermitage by myself with the Blessed Sacrament, was not always paradise interiorly. and during those trying times with Our Lord, I was exceedingly glad that His Creation around me provided a calming assurance of paradise lol (St. Clare and St. Francis, pray for us). wish I could share more, but I rather encourage that whoever may feel interested, go talk to them and see for themselves.

Overall, I think it's worth to see the communities that we're discerning face to face. it was a blessing to be there, and I'm happy to go back for the 3 month trial (which is required before a formal entrance into postulancy).
[/quote]

Thanks for sharing and I completely agree about meeting face to face because letters and phone calls can only do so much but when you can sit down and really talk to them it makes a big difference. Im excited for you that you want to go back for the three month live in! Id like to do the same thing with the community Im looking at but its up to God. Have you asked them yet if you can? Ive hinted at it myself but havent flat out said "I want to come back for the live in" so far. I need to pray over it a bit more first.

IgnatiusofLoyola

[quote name='Marie-Therese' date='23 June 2010 - 12:29 PM' timestamp='1277314142' post='2133263']
I am definitely a spiritual Carmelite. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif[/img]
[/quote]

Really? With a screen name like Marie-Therese? That's surprising! [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/shock.gif[/img]

Not. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif[/img]

Marie-Therese

[quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' date='23 June 2010 - 03:33 PM' timestamp='1277321602' post='2133294']
Really? With a screen name like Marie-Therese? That's surprising! [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/shock.gif[/img]

Not. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif[/img]
[/quote]

:lol:

Mary Veronica

[quote name='vee8' date='23 June 2010 - 11:39 AM' timestamp='1277302173' post='2133212']
Thanks for sharing and I completely agree about meeting face to face because letters and phone calls can only do so much but when you can sit down and really talk to them it makes a big difference. Im excited for you that you want to go back for the three month live in! Id like to do the same thing with the community Im looking at but its up to God. Have you asked them yet if you can? Ive hinted at it myself but havent flat out said "I want to come back for the live in" so far. I need to pray over it a bit more first.
[/quote]

yes, I did ask them, I'll be leaving August 15. The community you're looking at must be waiting I bet :). well, I'll pray with you too, that it'll be up to God <3

[quote name='Mary Veronica' date='23 June 2010 - 04:03 PM' timestamp='1277327001' post='2133339']
yes, I did ask them, I'll be leaving August 15. The community you're looking at must be waiting I bet :). well, I'll pray with you too, that it'll be up to God <3
[/quote]

August 15?! What a great feast day to start your live in on! Waiting for me to ask? Maybe, maybe not. I've set myself an unofficial deadline to ask them on or before though... July 16 :))

[quote name='melporcristo' date='24 June 2010 - 01:08 AM' timestamp='1277359719' post='2133566']
+JMJT+

The Novena to OL of Mt. Carmel starts in a few weeks!! WHOO!!!

Carmelite dance! :twist: :twist: :twist:
[/quote]

:banana: :banana: :banana:

• 3 weeks later...