An Old School Catholic Message Board

On This Day...

laetitia crucis

laetitia crucis

[quote name='vee8' date='10 June 2010 - 01:00 AM' timestamp='1276146000' post='2126660']
I really like that picture at the top of the charism page on their website. Is that a painting they have there or just art they put on the site? Also, I really like the chapel. Very English.
[/quote]

I love that picture! However, I have no idea idea if they have one like it in the cloistered part of the convent... I don't remember seeing on in the guest part. :scratchhead:

However, that second picture IS in their chapel. They place lighted candles on each side after the [i]Salve[/i] procession, during the [i]O Lumen[/i]. Love it.

Ah, and the chapel! I love the architecture of it, and how open it is. Nice high arches... beautiful wood.... :cloud9:

Sr. Julie told me the wood in the chapel "has a 300 year warranty". I chucked a bit when she told me this. Then she said, "Really." :mellow: :shock: Oh! :lol:

Then, of course, I immediately thought of an Eddie Izzard bit about how in America we think everything is [i]soooooo[/i] "old" here if it's over 50 years old... :sweat:

[quote]"We've redecorated this building to how it looked over [i]fifty[/i] years ago."

People are going, :shock: "No, surely not! No!

"No one was alive then." :unsure: [/quote]