An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Philosophy Of Liberty

Sternhauser

KnightofChrist

Indifferentism is taught in the video, (as Livingstone pointed out) and it is a heresy which I am glade our brother Sternhauser says he rejects.

God bless.

Edited by KnightofChrist

[quote name='ThePenciledOne' date='06 June 2010 - 03:39 AM' timestamp='1275788394' post='2124361']
Did you not watch the video or what?
[/quote]

I did watch it. It can be twisted to come across as harmless, but in fact it is only sugar coated liberalism. "Imagine there's no Heaven etc." comes to mind here. I'm sorry that you think I'm just spouting meaningless criticism without first observing the matter of discussion.

An example of what I meant (which probably came across as contradictory to you), is how the video says that you can do whatever you want, like get rich and wallow in your wealth, as long as you do not invade the psychological bubble of another person. This is a lie which denies the fact that the more money we have, the less another has, and the wealthier we are, the more people suffer from situations that offend human dignity. I am not saying that I do such a great job at living in a sober way out of respect for those who don't have anything, but that does not mean I can justify what I do. The tragic truth of collective sin is being stuffed away to make room for the 'dream' of egocentric liberalism.

+Pax Domini,
Ben

Edited by Bennn

ardillacid

[quote name='Bennn' date='06 June 2010 - 09:16 AM' timestamp='1275830202' post='2124533']
This is a lie which denies the fact that the more money we have, the less another has, and the wealthier we are, the more people suffer from situations that offend human dignity.
[/quote]
No

ThePenciledOne

[quote name='Bennn' date='06 June 2010 - 10:16 AM' timestamp='1275830202' post='2124533']
I did watch it. It can be twisted to come across as harmless, but in fact it is only sugar coated liberalism. "Imagine there's no Heaven etc." comes to mind here. I'm sorry that you think I'm just spouting meaningless criticism without first observing the matter of discussion.

An example of what I meant (which probably came across as contradictory to you), is how the video says that you can do whatever you want, like get rich and wallow in your wealth, as long as you do not invade the psychological bubble of another person. This is a lie which denies the fact that the more money we have, the less another has, and the wealthier we are, the more people suffer from situations that offend human dignity. I am not saying that I do such a great job at living in a sober way out of respect for those who don't have anything, but that does not mean I can justify what I do. The tragic truth of collective sin is being stuffed away to make room for the 'dream' of egocentric liberalism.

+Pax Domini,
Ben
[/quote]

Well, I think Stern has already observed that they lack the God factor in the video, which I noticed as well. Yet, the thing is to also realize within the video is that they are trying to put everything in a sort of idealist sort of vision, since (though it would be nice) this sort of vision would not happen, since humanity has fallen. Yet, it is a sad thing that Catholics, such as you just showed Benn, assume the worst in this situation.

I understand where you are coming from, but I see nothing wrong in not asserting force on another in any way, that seemed very Christian to me. I don't know I guess our perspectives don't line up in this respect, so while I understand where you are coming from, I don't understand how you see it.

ardillacid

[quote name='Bennn' date='06 June 2010 - 01:22 PM' timestamp='1275844951' post='2124632']
[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/mellow.gif[/img]
[/quote]
Your quote demonstrates a fundamental misunderstanding of what money is. There is not a set amount of wealth in the world, as your post presumes. :)

Sternhauser

[quote name='notardillacid' date='08 June 2010 - 04:35 PM' timestamp='1276032956' post='2125907']
Your quote demonstrates a fundamental misunderstanding of what money is. There is not a set amount of wealth in the world, as your post presumes. :)
[/quote]

You are absolutely correct, Notardillacid, there is not one one static economic pie of which every individual must receive a slice.

~Sternhauser

Edited by Sternhauser