An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pentecostalism In The Catholic Church

Apotheoun

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

sacredheartandbloodofjesus

Define Pentecostalism. Do you mean the Pentecostal Religion? Or are you speaking of the pentecostal Spirit within the Church which is the Holy Spirit as revealed in scripture on Pentecost?
Or are you speaking about the Charismatic movement within the Church?

[quote name='sacredheartandbloodofjesus' date='26 May 2010 - 02:18 PM' timestamp='1274905103' post='2118399']
Define Pentecostalism. Do you mean the Pentecostal Religion? Or are you speaking of the pentecostal Spirit within the Church which is the Holy Spirit as revealed in scripture on Pentecost?
Or are you speaking about the Charismatic movement within the Church?
[/quote]
Anyone who accepts the pentecostal spirituality and theology that invaded the Catholic Church in the 1960s.

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='26 May 2010 - 03:19 PM' timestamp='1274905173' post='2118400']
Anyone who accepts the pentecostal spirituality and theology that invaded the Catholic Church in the 1960s.
[/quote]

What do you beleive this spirituality and theology consists of?

[quote name='sacredheartandbloodofjesus' date='26 May 2010 - 02:20 PM' timestamp='1274905249' post='2118402']
What do you beleive this spirituality and theology consists of?
[/quote]
See the ongoing thread that discusses this issue entitled: [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=105471"]Tongues- Gift Of The Holy Spirit?[/url]

ThePenciledOne

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='26 May 2010 - 05:19 PM' timestamp='1274905173' post='2118400']
[/quote]

That's not slanted nor fully explained in the original question. <_<

But if you mean in the context of the Charismatic Renewal then yes.

I accept the same spirituality and theology of the Charismatic Renewal that the Holy Roman Catholic Church does and I reject the forms of spirituality and theology that Holy Mother the Church rejects.
I will not vote due to your deceptive wording on the matter.

[quote name='ThePenciledOne' date='26 May 2010 - 02:22 PM' timestamp='1274905371' post='2118405']
That's not slanted nor fully explained in the original question. <_<

But if you mean in the context of the Charismatic Renewal then yes.
[/quote]
This poll thread is a "sister" thread - if you will - to the ongoing discussion in the thread that I linked to in my previous post.

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='26 May 2010 - 03:24 PM' timestamp='1274905486' post='2118407']
This poll thread is a "sister" thread - if you will - to the ongoing discussion in the thread that I linked to in my previous post.
[/quote]

Why not call it what the Church calls it?...The Charismatic Renewal not Pentecostalism. Your wording of the Renewal is sure to confuse certain members who vote.

[quote name='sacredheartandbloodofjesus' date='26 May 2010 - 02:27 PM' timestamp='1274905637' post='2118408']
Why not call it what the Church calls it?...The Charismatic Renewal not Pentecostalism. Your wording of the Renewal is sure to confuse certain members who vote.
[/quote]
I do not see how it could be confusing. TPO used the term pentecostalism in one of his posts in the related thread when he quoted Fr. Walsh. See the quotation below:

[quote name='ThePenciledOne' date='25 May 2010 - 02:45 PM' timestamp='1274820339' post='2117495']
So, then you can write of places such as FUS, and different Charismatic prayer communities across the globe as being fruit that is poisonous.

I am so glad, this is what you think of fellow Catholics that merely follow a different spirituality.

As stated from Monsignor Walsh, from his book I mentioned earlier, "[b]Pentecostalism[/b] does not present a new doctrine, but merely stresses the belief that what happened at the First Pentecost is meant to happen to all Christians until the Lord returns." pg.10[/quote]

ThePenciledOne

[quote name='sacredheartandbloodofjesus' date='26 May 2010 - 05:27 PM' timestamp='1274905637' post='2118408']
[/quote]

Worked on me....

:sweat:

ThePenciledOne

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='26 May 2010 - 05:32 PM' timestamp='1274905966' post='2118410']
I do not see how it could be confusing. TPO used the term pentecostalism in one of his posts in the related thread when he quoted Fr. Walsh. See the quotation below:

[/quote]

Now, I was wondering when someone would talk about that, but since no one ever responded I didn't feel a need to unpack where the quote was in context.

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='26 May 2010 - 03:32 PM' timestamp='1274905966' post='2118410']
[/quote]

Monsignor Walsh may call it Pentecostalism but the Catholic Church does not. It is officially named the Charismatic Renewal.

[quote name='ThePenciledOne' date='26 May 2010 - 02:34 PM' timestamp='1274906087' post='2118414']
Worked on me....

:sweat:
[/quote]
Perhaps you should refrain from quoting Fr. Walsh, since - as odd as it sounds - you and he do not agree on this topic. He clearly has no problem using the word "Pentecostalism."