An Old School Catholic Message Board

Entrance Into Heaven

dairygirl4u2c

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Damiano' date='11 July 2010 - 11:46 PM' timestamp='1278910013' post='2141513']
*["I think if God asks me that question I'll just give Mary a pleading look and she'll do the rest!"]

***Then you will perish...for the Scriptures tell us the following: "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; who gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time" [1 Timothy 2:5-6]...and..."Neither is there salvation in any other; for there is NONE other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved" [Acts 4:12].

Mary is NOT the Savior---ONLY Jesus Christ is Savior and only He is worthy of your TRUST unto salvation.

Damiano
[/quote]

[quote name='Damiano' date='11 July 2010 - 11:54 PM' timestamp='1278910488' post='2141518']
*["do with me what you will, but I did my best!"]

***Your "best" is not good enough for God: "But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away" [Isaiah 64:6].

Damiano
[/quote]
Welcome back, dear sir. I hope you're well.

*["Your love was given to me out of the sheer goodness of your heart. It was nothing I did, but was given because of who You are. You love me because you can. I did nothing to earn it. It was freely given to me, unconditionally."]

***You are mistaken. In [Ephesians 2:8-9] we are told the following: "For by grace (i.e., the UNMERITED favor of God and the basis of salvation, justification, election, faith, and spiritual gifts...Ephesians 1:7;Romans 3:24;11:5-6;12:6) are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the GIFT of God: not of works, lest any man should boast."

Salvation is by grace THROUGH faith. Faith involves knowledge of the Gospel [Romans 10:14], acknowledgment of the truth of the message, and personal reception of the Savior [John 1:12].

Damiano

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam

[Assuming I had time to compose myself rather than just adore Him and realized He wanted me to give an account of my life and how I made use of the time He gave me. (And asked for a pencil and paper to write this down b/c I would have stammered through it otherwise).]

Lord, You know all things. You know what I have done and what I have failed to do, but if You only say the Word my soul shall be healed. You know better than I do my failings, but You also know my heart and that I have striven to love Your laws. But God, if You marked our failings, none would survive. You are the Lord of the living and I have striven to better know Your law and to follow it, but You are perfectly Merciful and perfectly Just so that nothing is lost through in either in such a unity. And so, I will obey whatever You command and trust in You alone, for You alone are worthy of praise and my soul longs for You more than the night-watchmen for daybreak. Let the watchmen count on daybreak, and I shall trust in You, Lord.

[quote name='aalpha1989' date='15 June 2010 - 03:26 PM' timestamp='1276626370' post='2129317']
What all these people said.

Bottom line, God shouldn't let me into heaven...If He does not, then if it were possible I would praise His name even from Hell, because of this exercise of His justice.
[/quote]

I hope that in such a situation, I would have the strength to do the same.

Edited by Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' date='24 May 2010 - 08:51 PM' timestamp='1274755872' post='2116967']
if God said to you, when you died, "why should i let you into heaven", what would your response be?
[/quote]
Look not on my sins, but on the faith of your Church, and graciously grant me peace in your kingdom in accordance with your will.

[quote name='MithLuin' date='25 May 2010 - 05:43 PM' timestamp='[url="http://xisbn.worldcat.org:80/liblook/resolve.htm?res_id=http://www.iris.rutgers.edu&rft.isbn=1274823838&url_ver=Z39.88-2004&rft_val_fmt=info:ofi/fmt:kev:mtx:book"]1274823838[/url]' post='2117593']
"You're the judge. I trust you've got it covered." [i](Presuming I can find my tongue and remember how to use it in the presence of God.) [/i]

Seriously, I am pretty much fine with leaving that up to God. If he wants me there, great. If not...well, not much fun for me, but I'm not going to argue with Him over it.

I know that there are certain people who want to be [i]sure[/i] of their own salvation. I am sure that I know who the judge of all men is, and...that is where I leave it. I trust Him. I have plenty of responsibilities here without trying to take over [i]that[/i] job!
[/quote]

I second this!!!!

Dada, Mama, I love You, have mercy on me. Delay me in Purgatory if it be Your Holy Will, but never let me part from you.

Any further questioning -- I am Your child, I love You. You are my Father.

Any further questioning -- You call me Your child, and You my Father. Because You said so.

Why should You extend to me? Because Jesus died to save me and God loves me with an infinite love. Because the Father gave up His only Son to save me, as if I were the only person on earth.

Interesting question.

Edited by JoyfulLife

"because heaven would be no fun without me... and if I went to hell you'd lose too many souls because they'd all wanna hang with me"

MissScripture

[quote name='Aloysius' date='18 July 2010 - 12:26 AM' timestamp='1279427207' post='2144251']
"because heaven would be no fun without me... and if I went to hell you'd lose too many souls because they'd all wanna hang with me"
[/quote]
And if nothing else, you have humility! :P

Aloysius, said:

[quote name='MissScripture' date='18 July 2010 - 01:36 AM' timestamp='1279427761' post='2144260']
And if nothing else, you have humility! [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/P.gif[/img]
[/quote]

[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/biglol.gif[/img]

Edited by JoyfulLife

Mark of the Cross

I am not worthy to receive you, but only say the word and I shall be healed and allowed into heaven. Because God offered me love and I accepted and offered love back and true lovers should be together for eternity. Where would I be without God? I would already be in hell! There are only one set of footprints in the sand, he carried me all the way and so he is not going to drop me now, he has told me this many times. I have only to act as a sign post to turn others in the direction of his beckoning call.

You brought up the perfect prayer "I am not worthy to receive you, but only say the word and I shall be healed..."

It reminds me of a quote from a Saint on my desk calender...

"Of course you are unworthy. But when do you hope to be worthy? ...All the good works that we could ever do would never make us worthy, in this sense, of Holy Communion. God alone is worthy of himself, he alone can make us worthy of him, and he alone can make us worthy with his own worthiness."
--St. Catherine of Siena

Amen.