An Old School Catholic Message Board

Entrance Into Heaven

dairygirl4u2c

[quote]I would tell Him I was surprised to make it this far.[/quote]

lol. That's what I would say too :P

dairygirl4u2c

[quote name='KnightofChrist' date='27 May 2010 - 04:17 PM' timestamp='1274991443' post='2119248']
Oh Lord I am unworthy. But only say the word and I shall obey...
[/quote]

reminds me of the saying said at masses.
which is a good response, as are most of these references to jesus, or 'for God so loved the world...' etc.
the sayin at masses though, is referenctial to jesus, and very humble, i like it a lot.

Domine, non sum dignus, ut intres sub tectum meum: sed tantum dic verbo, et sanabitur anima mea (translated: "Lord, I am not worthy to receive you, but only say the word and I shall be healed"

SaintOfVirtue

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' date='24 May 2010 - 08:24 PM' timestamp='1274757890' post='2117014']
granted it isn't deserve... but usually grace is thought only given to those who have something goig for them, in some sense. partly why i asked the next question, 'what makes you so special, when it's not extended to all' etc etc.
cause if it wasn't deserved, and thats' all there is to it, then all would get the grace.
[/quote]

The action of receiving grace is twofold. First God extends his grace to us; second, we must [i]chose[/i] to accept it.

All who are in hell chose it or in the words of C.S. Lewis, "In the end there are to kinds of people: those that say to God, 'Thy will be done' and those to whom God says, 'Thy will be done.'"

• 3 weeks later...
Mary Veronica

[quote name='Salve Regina' date='25 May 2010 - 05:54 PM' timestamp='1274824440' post='2117607']
I think if God asks me that question I'll just give Mary a pleading look and she'll do the rest!
[/quote]

[b][color="#2e8b57"]and then Our Compassionate Mother can tell each of us the right answer we could personally give!

perhaps the answer for me could be:[/color][/b]

"My GOD, I forgive everyone whom I thought I couldn't forgive... and I ask them forgiveness... and even if I find that no one on earth would forgive me...I ask above all, forgiveness from You, who is Mercy Incarnate! And may those in most need of Mercy, turn to your Mercy!

Only because of Mary, your dear Mother, I dare proclaim with contrite love [b][i]Jesus, I trust in Your Mercy[/i][/b]..."

:detective: okay, anyone else afraid to die?

Edited by Mary Veronica

LouisvilleFan

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' date='24 May 2010 - 11:51 PM' timestamp='1274755872' post='2116967']
if God said to you, when you died, "why should i let you into heaven", what would your response be?

edit: say your initial response, then if your resposne is 'mercy' or 'grace' or 'love' etc, then answer, 'why should my mercy/grace/love etc, extend to you?'
-if you want to get more thorny, given the canned response might be 'cause you are just awesome', you should answer, 'why should extend all that to you, when i dont extend it to everyone- what makes you special?'
[/quote]

This is an impossible scenario. It isn't in God's nature to ask me why I should enter heaven. Such a question is more in Satan's nature.

[quote name='MIkolbe' date='27 May 2010 - 10:14 AM' timestamp='1274980487' post='2119164']
I would tell Him I was surprised to make it this far. :mellow:
[/quote]
+1 awesome.

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' date='24 May 2010 - 10:51 PM' timestamp='1274755872' post='2116967']
if God said to you, when you died, "why should i let you into heaven", what would your response be?

edit: say your initial response, then if your resposne is 'mercy' or 'grace' or 'love' etc, then answer, 'why should my mercy/grace/love etc, extend to you?'
-if you want to get more thorny, given the canned response might be 'cause you are just awesome', you should answer, 'why should extend all that to you, when i dont extend it to everyone- what makes you special?'
[/quote]

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='24 May 2010 - 10:51 PM' timestamp='1274755907' post='2116970']
Mercy.
[/quote]

[quote name='sacredheartandbloodofjesus' date='24 May 2010 - 11:05 PM' timestamp='1274756750' post='2116993']
Out of the depths I have cried to thee, O Lord: Lord, hear my voice. Let thy ears be attentive to the voice of my supplication. [color="#ff0000"]If thou, O Lord, wilt mark iniquities: Lord, who shall stand it[/color]. For [color="#0000ff"]with thee there is merciful forgiveness[/color]: and [color="#ff0000"]by reason of thy law, I have waited for thee, O Lord[/color]. [color="#0000ff"]My soul hath relied on his word: My soul hath hoped in the Lord.[/color]
[/quote]

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='24 May 2010 - 11:15 PM' timestamp='1274757345' post='2117001']
It shouldn't. If we deserved it, it wouldn't be mercy.
[/quote]

What all these people said.

Bottom line, God shouldn't let me into heaven. I have confidence that He will extend His mercy towards me, though. If He does not, then if it were possible I would praise His name even from Hell, because of this exercise of His justice.

• 4 weeks later...

*["I think if God asks me that question I'll just give Mary a pleading look and she'll do the rest!"]

***Then you will perish...for the Scriptures tell us the following: "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; who gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time" [1 Timothy 2:5-6]...and..."Neither is there salvation in any other; for there is NONE other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved" [Acts 4:12].

Mary is NOT the Savior---ONLY Jesus Christ is Savior and only He is worthy of your TRUST unto salvation.

Damiano

*["do with me what you will, but I did my best!"]

***Your "best" is not good enough for God: "But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away" [Isaiah 64:6].

Damiano