An Old School Catholic Message Board

Entrance Into Heaven

dairygirl4u2c

dairygirl4u2c

if God said to you, when you died, "why should i let you into heaven", what would your response be?

edit: say your initial response, then if your resposne is 'mercy' or 'grace' or 'love' etc, then answer, 'why should my mercy/grace/love etc, extend to you?'
-if you want to get more thorny, given the canned response might be 'cause you are just awesome', you should answer, 'why should extend all that to you, when i dont extend it to everyone- what makes you special?'

Edited by dairygirl4u2c

dairygirl4u2c

id be even more curious to ask this of typical fundamentalists, or mainline protestants- id guess the question would catch them off guard, and their immediate response might not be the same as what would be their canned intellectual response, cause of psychological reasons and such.

dairygirl4u2c

if your resposne is 'mercy' or 'grace' or 'love' etc, then answer, 'why should my mercy/grace/love etc, extend to you?'

"Your love was given to me out of the sheer goodness of your heart. It was nothing I did, but was given because of who You are. You love me because you can. I did nothing to earn it. It was freely given to me, unconditionally."

sacredheartandbloodofjesus

Out of the depths I have cried to thee, O Lord: Lord, hear my voice. Let thy ears be attentive to the voice of my supplication. [color="#FF0000"]If thou, O Lord, wilt mark iniquities: Lord, who shall stand it[/color]. For [color="#0000FF"]with thee there is merciful forgiveness[/color]: and [color="#FF0000"]by reason of thy law, I have waited for thee, O Lord[/color]. [color="#0000FF"]My soul hath relied on his word: My soul hath hoped in the Lord.[/color]

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' date='24 May 2010 - 09:54 PM' timestamp='1274756081' post='2116976']
if your resposne is 'mercy' or 'grace' or 'love' etc, then answer, 'why should my mercy/grace/love etc, extend to you?'
[/quote]
It shouldn't. If we deserved it, it wouldn't be mercy.

dairygirl4u2c

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='24 May 2010 - 11:15 PM' timestamp='1274757345' post='2117001']
It shouldn't. If we deserved it, it wouldn't be mercy.
[/quote]

granted it isn't deserve... but usually grace is thought only given to those who have something goig for them, in some sense. partly why i asked the next question, 'what makes you so special, when it's not extended to all' etc etc.
cause if it wasn't deserved, and thats' all there is to it, then all would get the grace.

I figure when I die, I'll pack my bag and start walking toward hell; if I'm really lucky, I might get called to "Come this way."

If there's a test to get into heaven, I'll turn around and go back where I was originally heading.
If it's based on having been good all my life, I'll turn around and go back where I was originally heading.
If it'ased on having done something nice for somebody along the way, I stand at least a prayer of a chance.

But I won't make an argument one way or another.

Catholic Fox

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, thatwhoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life

"You're the judge. I trust you've got it covered." [i](Presuming I can find my tongue and remember how to use it in the presence of God.) [/i]

Seriously, I am pretty much fine with leaving that up to God. If he wants me there, great. If not...well, not much fun for me, but I'm not going to argue with Him over it.

I know that there are certain people who want to be [i]sure[/i] of their own salvation. I am sure that I know who the judge of all men is, and...that is where I leave it. I trust Him. I have plenty of responsibilities here without trying to take over [i]that[/i] job!

Edited by MithLuin

laetitia crucis

[quote name='Salve Regina' date='25 May 2010 - 05:54 PM' timestamp='1274824440' post='2117607']
I think if God asks me that question I'll just give Mary a pleading look and she'll do the rest!
[/quote]

I think I'd do the same thing! :lol:

BibleReader

If I were asked why I should be allowed into heaven, I would respond "I shouldn't" and turn away. Be it God's will, He would say come in anyways, if not, there's little I can do.