An Old School Catholic Message Board

Neo-Catholicism

Laudate_Dominum

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Laudate_Dominum

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo-Catholicism

Notable Neo-Catholic Apologists
Jimmy Akin
Scott Hahn
Karl Keating

I like Akin, Hahn and Keating, but I also prefer the EF Mass and dislike Neoconservatism... :unsure: Maybe I'm a Pseudo-Neo-Catholic?

Btw, I assume there will be some debate here but that is not the point of this thread. It is just for amusement and lame factor. I actually think the term is silly and laughed out loud when I stumbled upon the wikipedia page.

Sternhauser

I deny the very existence of "neo-Catholics."

Looks like Thomas Woods, Jr. originally used the term as a gentle synonym for "non-Catholic." Or better yet, "apostate."

~Sternhauser

Edited by Sternhauser

Laudate_Dominum

You are [i]The One[/i] Neo.

[IMG]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h119/NoonienSoong_2006/variosity/matrixpriest.jpg[/IMG]

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='CatherineM' date='08 May 2010 - 10:10 PM' timestamp='1273371008' post='2107362']
I am an Irish Catholic.
[/quote]
God gave rock and roll to everyone.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHBwryfycvk[/media]

rhetoricfemme

I'm gonna go ahead and call myself a soon-to-be Roman Catholic.

It kinda feels like there are too many far-too-intricate labels and that subcultures like to break down into even smaller subcultures. Everyone wants to stand out, and I think that could be part of the reason things can get so divisive.

I don't mean in Catholicism, per se, but everywhere. But that's not to say that it can't happen in Catholicism, too...

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='rhetoricfemme' date='09 May 2010 - 12:10 AM' timestamp='1273381858' post='2107518']
I'm gonna go ahead and call myself a soon-to-be Roman Catholic.

It kinda feels like there are too many far-too-intricate labels and that subcultures like to break down into even smaller subcultures. Everyone wants to stand out, and I think that could be part of the reason things can get so divisive.

I don't mean in Catholicism, per se, but everywhere. But that's not to say that it can't happen in Catholicism, too...
[/quote]
Officially on my FB page, I say "Orthodox Roman Catholic with Traditionalist Tendencies", although I could just as easily say Orthodox or Traditionalist Roman Catholic, and both would be correct. :) Heck, just plain old Catholic would be correct, but the reason I don't say that is because I try to express that this sort of thing needs to be taken seriously.
People make things so complicated. :P

Edited by Nihil Obstat

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='rhetoricfemme' date='09 May 2010 - 01:10 AM' timestamp='1273381858' post='2107518']
It kinda feels like there are too many far-too-intricate labels and that subcultures like to break down into even smaller subcultures.
[/quote]
Yeah, that's kind of what I found funny about that article. It just seemed really absurd to me. haha. Also it makes me think of Neo from the Matrix which is cool.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='09 May 2010 - 12:44 AM' timestamp='1273383889' post='2107541']
Officially on my FB page, I say "Orthodox Roman Catholic with Traditionalist Tendencies", although I could just as easily say Orthodox or Traditionalist Roman Catholic, and both would be correct. :) Heck, just plain old Catholic would be correct, but the reason I don't say that is because I try to express that this sort of thing needs to be taken seriously.
People make things so complicated. :P
[/quote]
My political views section, on the other hand..... :D

I think I'm going to change it to "Eschatological Catholic Monarchy, and Tentative Paleolibertarianism in the meantime." :lol:

Resurrexi

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' date='08 May 2010 - 07:21 PM' timestamp='1273364486' post='2107213']
I am an orthodox Catholic.
[/quote]

I am an orthodox Catholic traditionalist.

aalpha1989

[quote name='Resurrexi' date='09 May 2010 - 02:17 AM' timestamp='1273385839' post='2107560']
[/quote]

IANWP!!!!

aalpha1989
:mellow: sorry for ruining this wonderfully serious thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cEdqWZi13I&playnext_from=TL&videos=GHSTojfje6w Edited by aalpha1989

I've only recently given in to traditionalism. I used to think everything is fine as long as the Vatican did/does or said/says it. Then someone *cough*Resurrexi*cough* refuted my views on what the Magisterium actually is and that was the breakthrough for me. The Pope is infallible when it comes to faith and morals but he can make mistakes in disciplinary matters. I do sometimes still have some weak moments, though, when I doubt whether traditionalism is correct. But whenever that happens, God is quick to smack some sense into my head.

Pax Domini,
Ben

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Resurrexi' date='09 May 2010 - 02:17 AM' timestamp='1273385839' post='2107560']
[/quote]
[quote name='Bennn' date='09 May 2010 - 07:37 AM' timestamp='1273405025' post='2107622']
I've only recently given in to traditionalism. I used to think everything is fine as long as the Vatican did/does or said/says it. Then someone *cough*Resurrexi*cough* refuted my views on what the Magisterium actually is and that was the breakthrough for me. The Pope is infallible when it comes to faith and morals but he can make mistakes in disciplinary matters. I do sometimes still have some weak moments, though, when I doubt whether traditionalism is correct. But whenever that happens, God is quick to smack some sense into my head.

Pax Domini,
Ben
[/quote]
:yahoo: +1

Rexi is pretty win.