An Old School Catholic Message Board

And The Next Step Is...

brightsadness

brightsadness

Glory be to God!

Hi Pham,

I'm back from the Monastery and in my last month at work. Originally I was to work through June but they decided to let me leave a month early so I will be staying with my folks in Illinois for most of the summer. My entrance day has been scheduled for August 15.

Please keep me in your prayers as I reach an ending of my life in Oregon and prepare for a new beginning. My live-in experience was just what I needed. Enough difficulty to provide insight into what my growth areas in community (at least for now) will be. It's amazing how easily one gets used to doing things"my way" when living alone. But most of all I experienced a way of following the Lord with other like minded women whom I hope to be like in time. Good and gentle, humble and kind. Free from the pride and ambition that marks our world. Not perfect, but growing in the fruits of the Spirit as they live together.

SO please pray for me and my family as I move into the next step. You are all in my prayers. And if you wish, share what your next step is. So we can all pray together.

with love in Christ,
Anya

Edited by brightsadness

Tridenteen

JMJ
Oh Anya, I am so happy for you! Would you like us here at VS to send you a letter now and then?

OnlySunshine

Congratulations!! What a beautiful feast day for your entrance!! I was baptized on the Feast of the Assumption and will be celebrating 27 years of being a Catholic this year. :). God bless you!

Congradulations!!!! That is a huge step to take. The transition will be a little hard but know that there are sisters who have done it too and they all will help as much as they can. Plus you have all of us PMers praying for you!!!

I'll be entering on (I think) September 5. I'm really nervous and excited but really scared of how I'll handle the transition. I'm only 18 and I've lived with my mom my whole life. Never been away for more than three weeks, and even then I had a phone call with her like every day. :( i'm sure I'll be fine. It just sounds scary right now.

brightsadness

[quote name='Tridenteen' date='08 May 2010 - 01:12 PM' timestamp='1273349537' post='2107096']
JMJ
Oh Anya, I am so happy for you! Would you like us here at VS to send you a letter now and then?
[/quote]

I would like letters. I've emailed Mother to ask about non-family letters but I'm pretty sure I can receive them. Will let you know as soon as i hear.

brightsadness

[quote name='JTheresa' date='08 May 2010 - 09:10 PM' timestamp='1273378252' post='2107471']
Congradulations!!!! That is a huge step to take. The transition will be a little hard but know that there are sisters who have done it too and they all will help as much as they can. Plus you have all of us PMers praying for you!!!

I'll be entering on (I think) September 5. I'm really nervous and excited but really scared of how I'll handle the transition. I'm only 18 and I've lived with my mom my whole life. Never been away for more than three weeks, and even then I had a phone call with her like every day. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif[/img] i'm sure I'll be fine. It just sounds scary right now.
[/quote]

Congrats to you!! WWhat community are you entering? I'm guessing that every sister we ever met was scared at this point in her life.[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif[/img]

sistersintigo

And the next step is to ask the chaplain to send a letter of reference about me to the prioress.
Now, why does THAT scare the !@#$%^&* out of me?

laetitia crucis

[quote name='brightsadness' date='08 May 2010 - 03:21 PM' timestamp='1273346463' post='2107052']
Glory be to God!

Hi Pham,

I'm back from the Monastery and in my last month at work. Originally I was to work through June but they decided to let me leave a month early so I will be staying with my folks in Illinois for most of the summer. My entrance day has been scheduled for August 15.

Please keep me in your prayers as I reach an ending of my life in Oregon and prepare for a new beginning. My live-in experience was just what I needed. Enough difficulty to provide insight into what my growth areas in community (at least for now) will be. It's amazing how easily one gets used to doing things"my way" when living alone. But most of all I experienced a way of following the Lord with other like minded women whom I hope to be like in time. Good and gentle, humble and kind. Free from the pride and ambition that marks our world. Not perfect, but growing in the fruits of the Spirit as they live together.

SO please pray for me and my family as I move into the next step. You are all in my prayers. And if you wish, share what your next step is. So we can all pray together.

with love in Christ,
Anya
[/quote]

I am so happy to hear about your "next step", Anya! :clapping: This is wonderful -- and like others have said, what a BEAUTIFUL day for your entrance! Be assured Our Lady is with you every step of the way!

I will be praying for you, and all of our VSers making their "next steps"!

As for myself, I will not know about my "next step" until next month. :bigpray:

If this thread is still around in a month, I'll add an update. :ninja:

AccountDeleted

[quote name='brightsadness' date='09 May 2010 - 05:21 AM' timestamp='1273346463' post='2107052']
Glory be to God!

Hi Pham,

with love in Christ,
Anya
[/quote]

How wonderful for you. Praise God in His mercy and kindness. Prayers for you. I will still be doing my live-in in Carmel when you enter, so I will keep you in my prayers on August 15th. :pray:

sistersintigo

[quote name='sistersintigo' date='10 May 2010 - 06:30 PM' timestamp='1273527010' post='2108283']
And the next step is to ask the chaplain to send a letter of reference about me to the prioress.
Now, why does THAT scare the !@#$%^&* out of me?
[/quote]
Keeping myself accountable: just posted the formal letter to the chaplain, asking for a letter of reference to be sent to the prioress at the monastery. Now, giving it over to God. Detachment and letting go, those really are the hardest things.

Congratulations, Anya, and you too Jtheresa. Big bountiful Benedictine bearhugs to you both :)
:monk:

brightsadness

[quote name='Staretz' date='13 May 2010 - 12:16 PM' timestamp='1273778182' post='2110058']
Congratulations, Anya, and you too Jtheresa. Big bountiful Benedictine bearhugs to you both [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif[/img]
[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/characters_monk.gif[/img]
[/quote]

Thank you. Love those Benedictines.

Triddy -- I can receive letters and will pm you my mailing address.

ALso a few more details in place. The nuns are taking in Sr. Teresa's postulant dresses for me. That makes sense as she barely wore them and I will probably destroy them in 6 months to a year. Also there is a chapel cape and a black veil and small cross. The white collar is much like Sr. Kaylas but not as wide.

I will receive the veil and cross at a private entrance ceremony in the Monastery Chapel. It will be a bit crowded as my parents, my three brothers and their wives and my 7 nieces and nephews are all attending. Also both my grandmothers, my Godparents and my Spiritual Father. I believe a few family pets will be in the yard (just kidding[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/lol_roll.gif[/img].)

If you've seen "My Big Fat Greek Wedding", that's my family only they are slavs. The sisters probably won't have to cook or buy food for a week.

My parents and I are visiting the monastery together the first week of June. Please keep us all in your prayers.

Anya

Edited by brightsadness