An Old School Catholic Message Board

It's 1920's Under The United State During Alcohol Prohibition.

Sternhauser

What would you do?  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sternhauser

It's the 1920's, and alcohol prohibition is in full effect. There is a ban on the production, distribution and selling of "intoxicating liquors." Your neighbor is, in fact, engaged in all three of those prohibited activities. He makes a quality, potable product. What would you do, and why? If you say, "There's no 'other,' choice," please select your action and explain the reason for your action.

~Sternhauser

Edited by Sternhauser

I voted the fourth option, but I don't necessarily agree with it. I wouldn't leave him alone, but would probably assist him financially or find out if he needs someone to test the quality of his products :lol: .

dominicansoul

I couldn't vote, because the option of "going over and enjoying a few of the brews" isn't included

aalpha1989

[quote name='dominicansoul' date='05 May 2010 - 10:10 PM' timestamp='1273111841' post='2105677']
I couldn't vote, because the option of "going over and enjoying a few of the brews" isn't included
[/quote]

I think "purchase and/or partake in his products" covers it. ;)

Laudate_Dominum

I'd hopefully be able to resell my neighbor's hooch in my speakeasy.

dominicansoul

[quote name='aalpha1989' date='05 May 2010 - 11:20 PM' timestamp='1273116000' post='2105696']
I think "purchase and/or partake in his products" covers it. ;)
[/quote]

thanks...I would totally have done that...along with being a flapper and all....

aalpha1989

[quote name='dominicansoul' date='05 May 2010 - 11:33 PM' timestamp='1273116826' post='2105704']
thanks...I would totally have done that...along with being a flapper and all....
[/quote]

You would have been a flapper?

I's confuzzled.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='aalpha1989' date='05 May 2010 - 10:48 PM' timestamp='1273117711' post='2105709']
I'm interested in Sternhauser's answer.
[/quote]
What, really? I'm not, simply because I know what it is already. His views are nothing if not consistent. :lol:

I'm more interested in hearing him respond to any one person in particular who cares to disagree.

aalpha1989

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='05 May 2010 - 11:53 PM' timestamp='1273117999' post='2105712']
What, really? I'm not, simply because I know what it is already. His views are nothing if not consistent. :lol:

I'm more interested in hearing him respond to any one person in particular who cares to disagree.
[/quote]

Well I know what he [i]believes[/i], I'm just interested in if he'd be having a few with us. :)

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='aalpha1989' date='05 May 2010 - 10:57 PM' timestamp='1273118265' post='2105714']
Well I know what he [i]believes[/i], I'm just interested in if he'd be having a few with us. :)
[/quote]
Ah, I see. :lol:

Nihil Obstat

I notice there's no answer for "turn him in, because if the police trust me they're less likely to discover the distillery in my basement." :mellow:

aalpha1989

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='06 May 2010 - 12:04 AM' timestamp='1273118651' post='2105717']
I notice there's no answer for "turn him in, because if the police trust me they're less likely to discover the distillery in my basement." :mellow:
[/quote]

:lol_roll:

Last summer I worked for a priest who...made? brewed? distilled? (i'm so bad at this... stupid unjust age laws!) scotch. It was pretty awesome. Sadly he would not allow us to try any... that would cause scandal. *sigh*.