An Old School Catholic Message Board

Religious Order "starter Kits"

DameAgnes

laetitia crucis

Those are AWESOME!

I particularly like that the Franciscan "Starter Kit" is called "Franciscan 'Stigmata' Starter Kit" :lol:

However, I did notice... the Dominicans are MIA. :shock:

Poor Dominicans are left out. . .

I love the Carmelite one (because I love St. Therese) and the Latin Mass one. . .

laetitia crucis

[quote name='SstrAli' date='05 May 2010 - 03:43 PM' timestamp='1273085035' post='2105458']
Poor Dominicans are left out. . .

I love the Carmelite one (because I love St. Therese) and the Latin Mass one. . .
[/quote]

Perhaps people would be less likely to buy white t-shirts with a black design on it... after all, I think I might own only ONE white t-shirt. And I hardly ever wear it simply because it's white and I'm prone to stains. :doh: :lol:

I love all the buttons that come along with the little "kits" - very spiffy!

aalpha1989

I like the Latin Mass one, too, but they need a St. Simon Stock or St. John of the Cross or something... I mean I love Therese, but I'm not gonna walk around in a pink T-Shirt...

[quote name='laetitia crucis' date='05 May 2010 - 01:48 PM' timestamp='1273085334' post='2105460']
Perhaps people would be less likely to buy white t-shirts with a black design on it... after all, I think I might own only ONE white t-shirt. And I hardly ever wear it simply because it's white and I'm prone to stains. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/doh.gif[/img] [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/lol.gif[/img]

[/quote]

Really? I had TONS of white tshirts before I entered religious life and got rid of most of them. White tshirts are the bomb. . . but yes they would not be good for you if you are prone to stains lol.

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

Ah, good ol' Monk Rock... They're all about living monastically in the world. They have a lay group called the "TRANSITUS – OBLATES OF THE LAST MARTYRDOM." It's "an integrated association of lay monastics, securing for souls a school of Christian perfection. Transitus exists for Christians seeking to embrace the life of monks in a manner suitable for the laity, thus adapting the Gospel ideal commonly associated with monasticism to their life in the world--going from Gospel to life, and life to the Gospel." Their spirituality seems to be a mix of Franciscan, Carmelite, and Benedictine (I think...), so that would explain the lack of Dominican representation here, however they have the 9 ways of prayer of St. Dominic...

CatherineM

My only problem is if this stuff becomes cool or fashionable, it might lose its meaning. Kind of like gangbangers with rosary tattoos on their necks.

DameAgnes

[quote name='laetitia crucis' date='05 May 2010 - 02:48 PM' timestamp='1273085334' post='2105460']
Perhaps people would be less likely to buy white t-shirts with a black design on it... after all, I think I might own only ONE white t-shirt. And I hardly ever wear it simply because it's white and I'm prone to stains. :doh: :lol:

[/quote]

The Dominican shirt could be a pic or Dominic or a Dawg. But it would be funny if it were a tee shirt with a white scapular.

laetitia crucis

[quote name='aalpha1989' date='05 May 2010 - 04:16 PM' timestamp='1273086993' post='2105471']
I like the Latin Mass one, too, but they need a St. Simon Stock or St. John of the Cross or something... I mean I love Therese, but I'm not gonna walk around in a pink T-Shirt...
[/quote]

I kind of thought the same thing about the pink. I mean, I'm a girl and I like pink every now and then (especially with BROWN!).. but I think it'd be awesome to have a St. John of the Cross shirt. Perhaps quoting "Dark Night" or "Living Flame of Love". I'd want one.

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='05 May 2010 - 05:06 PM' timestamp='1273089975' post='2105502']
Ah, good ol' Monk Rock... They're all about living monastically in the world. They have a lay group called the "TRANSITUS – OBLATES OF THE LAST MARTYRDOM." It's "an integrated association of lay monastics, securing for souls a school of Christian perfection. Transitus exists for Christians seeking to embrace the life of monks in a manner suitable for the laity, thus adapting the Gospel ideal commonly associated with monasticism to their life in the world--going from Gospel to life, and life to the Gospel." Their spirituality seems to be a mix of Franciscan, Carmelite, and Benedictine (I think...), so that would explain the lack of Dominican representation here, however they have the 9 ways of prayer of St. Dominic...
[/quote]

Ah! Thank you for the clarification! :) They're lay group sounds really great!

[quote name='CatherineM' date='05 May 2010 - 05:06 PM' timestamp='1273090000' post='2105503']
My only problem is if this stuff becomes cool or fashionable, it might lose its meaning. Kind of like gangbangers with rosary tattoos on their necks.
[/quote]

This is a very good point.

[quote name='DameAgnes' date='05 May 2010 - 05:30 PM' timestamp='1273091447' post='2105523']
The Dominican shirt could be a pic or Dominic or a Dawg. [b]But it would be funny if it were a tee shirt with a white scapular[/b].
[/quote]

That would be HILARIOUS!

:woot: I want the confirmation / Pentacost one and the Latin Mass one! The Carmelite one needs some work I agree. A Dominican one would be awesome too and I want a Jesuit one as well :D Edited by vee8

laetitia crucis

[quote name='vee8' date='05 May 2010 - 07:08 PM' timestamp='1273097312' post='2105557']
:woot: I want the confirmation / Pentacost one and the Latin Mass one! The Carmelite one needs some work I agree. A Dominican one would be awesome too and I want a Jesuit one as well :D
[/quote]

Oh yes, a Jesuit one would be AWESOME!!! (As would a BLACK Dominican shirt.. :lol: Or perhaps a white one that is super-stain resistant. Hah!)

[size="7"]AMDG!!![/size]

melporcristo

[quote name='CatherineM' date='05 May 2010 - 02:06 PM' timestamp='1273090000' post='2105503']
[/quote]

Or the bracelets with small images of Saints, the Blessed Mother & Jesus ... I saw those on sale EVERYWHERE when I was in the downtown Atlanta vintage/thrift stores. Then when I came home I saw this girl who had a Rosary bracelet on and told me she had to cut off the Cross because she was mormon :annoyed:

Well ... God has a reason for everything. Many conversions have happened when people wear something Catholic.