An Old School Catholic Message Board

Liberal Catholics

dairygirl4u2c

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Ephrem Augustine' date='04 May 2010 - 04:44 PM' timestamp='1273005898' post='2104973']
From one perspective would not capitalism be liberal?
I mean, after all, capitalism essentially opens the possibility that more people can freely attain wealth, instead of wealth being limited to an oligarchy, to an elite bunch, and all ownership being limited to them too. Doesn't capitalism liberalize the ownership rights of the masses, and opens for them the opportunity for wealth.

I only say this because the modern capitalist tends to be conservative, and considers, ironically, all "liberalism" as oppressive, because it puts too much power in the government, or in a few.

Therefore, I think these labels are STUPID.
[/quote]

Capitalism is not part of leftist liberal ideology, leftist liberal ideology is opposed to capitalism. Though it does support crony capitalism. I'm not sure about you but most who don't like 'labels' like liberal or leftist or the ones that don't like the idea that liberalism is a mental disorder are probably liberals themselves.

[quote]Liberalism is a mental disorder.[/quote]

:rolleyes:

[quote] the ones that don't like the idea that liberalism is a mental disorder are probably liberals themselves. [/quote]

a ha. I most certainly am not a liberal, and I think your statement is laughable. When I see proof that you are fully qualified to make such claims about the state of someone's mental health (a Psychology degree, a social work lisence, etc) maybe I'll take you seriously rather than spew my green tea all over my computer monitor from laughing so hard.

Edited by Selah

I have to disagree that it is a mental disorder. It's rather a spiritual/moral one. Otherwise we would be calling mental disorder a sin, which would be pretty absurd really.

Pax Domini,
Ben

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Selah' date='04 May 2010 - 05:02 PM' timestamp='1273006974' post='2104989']
:rolleyes:

a ha. I most certainly am not a liberal, and I think your statement is laughable. When I see proof that you are fully qualified to make such claims about the state of someone's mental health (a Psychology degree, a social work lisence, etc) maybe I'll take you seriously rather than spew my green tea all over my computer monitor from laughing so hard.
[/quote]

Well the first statement was this crazy thing called a joke. While leftist ideology is counter to reason a person isn't clinically insane if they suffer from it :mellow:.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Selah' date='04 May 2010 - 05:19 PM' timestamp='1273007986' post='2105011']
You can't really blame me. There was no indication you were joking, so :mellow:
[/quote]

Well idk, the second post was "Thank you, thank you *bows* *blows kisses* *flexes muscles*"

Or in any sense.

It's...okay, I can see where you're going with that. Foolishness is distorted and disordered thinking. That, I can agree with.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Selah' date='04 May 2010 - 05:50 PM' timestamp='1273013415' post='2105073']
Or in any sense.

It's...okay, I can see where you're going with that. Foolishness is distorted and disordered thinking. That, I can agree with.
[/quote]
Why are you so serious lately? <_<

Srsly, take two deep breaths, then look at who you're arguing with. :lol:

[quote name='Resurrexi' date='03 May 2010 - 06:40 PM' timestamp='1272926409' post='2104450']
I have [b]absolutely no respect [/b]for beliefs I consider false, whether those beliefs be held by those who claim to be Catholic or by members of other religions.
[/quote]

Yeah... and they have absolutely no respect for beliefs (ours) they consider false...

Rodney Dangerfield: "No respect! No respect!"
Aretha Franklin: R-E-S-P-E-C-T, just a little bit.... just a little bit....
Luigi: Radical concept - just a little bit of respect might lead to charity, which might lead to... I know, I know - I told you it was radical.

Resurrexi

[quote name='Luigi' date='04 May 2010 - 11:40 PM' timestamp='1273034424' post='2105239']
Yeah... and they have absolutely no respect for beliefs (ours) they consider false... [/quote]

I don't expect others to have respect for my beliefs.

Nihil Obstat

Obviously we respect the people who hold these beliefs, but we needn't respect the beliefs themselves.