An Old School Catholic Message Board

Liberal Catholics

dairygirl4u2c

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='03 May 2010 - 08:08 PM' timestamp='1272931709' post='2104546']
This is a picture that was taken at a parish about 20 minutes away from where I live.
[/quote]
[size="1"][IMG]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h119/NoonienSoong_2006/like.gif[/IMG] [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showuser=4753"]MIkolbe[/url] likes this.[/size]

Holly3278

Liberal Catholics are generally heretics. They often see nothing wrong with gay "marriage", abortion (infanticide), euthanasia, women priests, women bishops, and other disgusting things. So yeah, as you can tell, this orthodox and traditionalist Catholic does not have a high view of liberal "Catholics". I honestly feel that many of them are Catholic in name only.

As a not-yet-catholic I find it difficult meeting other Catholics that do or say things that are against the church. I don't know them enough to say they're liberal, but some picking and choosing has been going on. And It's scandal.
If I'd say an orthodox person's beliefs should be more respected than a liberal Catholic's ones it's because I'd find them to be more true.

Holly3278

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='03 May 2010 - 09:08 PM' timestamp='1272931709' post='2104546']
This is a picture that was taken at a parish about 20 minutes away from where I live.
[/quote]

Jesus would and probably is very disgusted by this. They're making a mockery of the sacred Mass by doing this retarded and disgusting stuff.

IgnatiusofLoyola

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='03 May 2010 - 07:08 PM' timestamp='1272931709' post='2104546']
[/quote]

Even as a non-Catholic I think those pictures are sad. And, it embarasses me that the Episcopalians do things like that, too.

If you could find me a parish close by, where people were neither 1) going way "over the top" in their celebration of Mass, or almost as sad, 2) simply "going through the motions" to fulfill their Sunday Mass obligation, while dressed like they were going to the beach or golf course, I might even consider going to Mass once in awhile (but obviously, never taking communion). If you threw in some top quality music and a meaningful homily, my last sentence might even have some truth in it, but I seriously doubt I'll be called upon to make good on my statement.

There HAS to be something in between "disrespectful silliness" and "going through the motions," but I've never experienced it except at Spanish language Masses in LA.

Edited by IgnatiusofLoyola

let_go_let_God

To be fully Catholic means that you are in full communion with the One Holy Catholic Apostolic Church. Continuing that you believe all that the Church teaches as true.

This is not intended to be read as you understand all teachings and and do not question them. Questioning with an openess to listen will bring about a deeper understanding and more than likely more questions than answers.

God bless-
LGLG

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='let_go_let_God' date='03 May 2010 - 08:43 PM' timestamp='1272933839' post='2104579']
To be fully Catholic means that you are in full communion with the One Holy Catholic Apostolic Church. Continuing that you believe all that the Church teaches as true.

This is not intended to be read as you understand all teachings and and do not question them. Questioning with an openess to listen will bring about a deeper understanding and more than likely more questions than answers.

God bless-
LGLG
[/quote]
[size="1"][IMG]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h119/NoonienSoong_2006/like.gif[/IMG] [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showuser=4753"]MIkolbe[/url] likes this.[/size]

Well, those pictures are indeed shocking. Is this not what Christ prophecied about when He spoke of the 'abomination of desolation, standing where it ought not'? Pope Leo XIII has forseen it and wrote the prayer to Saint Michaël for this very reason. This is also what Pope Paul VI meant when he lamented that the smoke of satan had entered into the sanctuary of God.

The Sacred Mysteries are being ridiculed all over the world, while community is being idolized. The future of the Roman Rite lies in a Liturgy based on the forma extraordinaria of the Mass.

Pax Domini,
Ben

rhetoricfemme

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' date='03 May 2010 - 03:22 PM' timestamp='1272914564' post='2104260']
I wish I were kidding.
[/quote]

[quote name='CatherineM' date='03 May 2010 - 03:24 PM' timestamp='1272914645' post='2104261']
Had a thread awhile back with a vid of a priest doing a mass in clown costume.
[/quote]

You guys have clarified, and I am left even more confused than I was before. Only at different, sadder things. :mellow:

Thanks for clarifying, by the way!

Apotheoun

The following is a salient warning given by St. Augustine to those who had been newly baptized and chrismated on Easter Sunday in the Church at Hippo: "Therefore, because you have been made members of Christ I must warn you; for I fear dangers for you, and not alone from those who are pagans, not alone from the Jews, and not so much from the heretics as from bad Catholics. Choose from among the people of God (the Christians) those you would imitate. For if you wish to imitate the multitude, you shall then not be among the few who shall enter by the narrow way" [St. Augustine, [i]Sermon 224[/i]].

[quote name='KnightofChrist' date='04 May 2010 - 02:17 PM' timestamp='1272997036' post='2104898']
Liberalism is a mental disorder.
[/quote]

wow, great point.