An Old School Catholic Message Board

Calld The Nuns In Booklyn Again

carmelite15

carmelite15

Guess what everyone! I called the nuns in Brooklyn,N.Y. again. I was so excited about what Mother Maria told me. When I told her I became Catholic she was so excited. She said she could hardly wait to tell the other sisters. I asked her do nuns really become Christ Brides.And she said YES. I said now that i'm catholic, how long will it take for me to join the convent? She told me it could be as soon as next year. I want to thank you all for your prayers and support. May God Bless You All.

Indwelling Trinity

[quote name='carmelite15' date='08 April 2010 - 01:52 PM' timestamp='1270745534' post='2089254']
Guess what everyone! I called the nuns in Brooklyn,N.Y. again. I was so excited about what Mother Maria told me. When I told her I became Catholic she was so excited. She said she could hardly wait to tell the other sisters. I asked her do nuns really become Christ Brides.And she said YES. I said now that i'm catholic, how long will it take for me to join the convent? She told me it could be as soon as next year. I want to thank you all for your prayers and support. May God Bless You All.
[/quote]

Congratulations Dear sister I am so happy for you. May you keep your heart always for Jesus! I will pray for your vocation as you grow and mature in your new life.

tenderly

Indwelling Trinity

Were you received into the church this Easter? How FAB! Please tell us about it! How is your family with it?

carmelite15

[quote name='DameAgnes' date='09 April 2010 - 12:22 AM' timestamp='1270790522' post='2089817']
Were you received into the church this Easter? How FAB! Please tell us about it! How is your family with it?
[/quote]

I was received into the church this Easter Thank you so much!

Oh well I made a youtube video about it here it is, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54o5wTeSRqk

Oh and my family is very happy about it my mom became Catholic to.

Congrats on entering the Church! Another part of the journey complete. So your thinking about joining the Carmelites, you'd probably have to wait until next year after your 18th birthday correct? This upcoming year will you be a senior in high school?

Know of my prayers for you in your discernment.

laetitia crucis

[quote name='DameAgnes' date='13 April 2010 - 04:47 AM' timestamp='1271144827' post='2092341']
What did you take for your confirmation name?

You're so cute on the video!
[/quote]

She took "Teresa of the Andes". :)

Wow, becoming a Catholic and carmelite and a Brooklyn Carmelite at that. What a grace. Brooklyn has to be the survivor Carmel. Down to 5 sisters all elderly, original monastery sold, three nuns go to Buffalo, given a home there with Mother Miriam, plans to refound, but original sisters all pass away, but a refounding with younger sisters under Mother Maria Luz,hunting for a new house, and finally that wonderful monastery on Highland Blvd. How often does a monastery close and get refounded through surviving nuns praying at the house which took them, and then the thought of younger sisters and a superior volunteering to make that wish come true. I can only think of the surivivng carthusians reasembling after the French revolution to begin anew in spirit. God obviously means for a Carmel to be in Brooklyn. Perhaps it is the adherence to the rule, the habit, the use of latin, the occasional Tridentine Mass- or maybe it is just the Holy Spirit working, repsonding to the prayers of the sisters.

Gratefully, Brooklyn is receiving inquiries and entrances- love those entrances and clothings!
Perhaps with luck and of course all our prayers, I'll attend yours-and many more.

In my prayers

Antoniette

Indwelling Trinity

[quote name='Antoniette' date='14 April 2010 - 06:02 PM' timestamp='1271278974' post='2093506']
Wow, becoming a Catholic and carmelite and a Brooklyn Carmelite at that. What a grace. Brooklyn has to be the survivor Carmel. Down to 5 sisters all elderly, original monastery sold, three nuns go to Buffalo, given a home there with Mother Miriam, plans to refound, but original sisters all pass away, but a refounding with younger sisters under Mother Maria Luz,hunting for a new house, and finally that wonderful monastery on Highland Blvd. How often does a monastery close and get refounded through surviving nuns praying at the house which took them, and then the thought of younger sisters and a superior volunteering to make that wish come true. I can only think of the surivivng carthusians reasembling after the French revolution to begin anew in spirit. God obviously means for a Carmel to be in Brooklyn. Perhaps it is the adherence to the rule, the habit, the use of latin, the occasional Tridentine Mass- or maybe it is just the Holy Spirit working, repsonding to the prayers of the sisters.

Gratefully, Brooklyn is receiving inquiries and entrances- love those entrances and clothings!
Perhaps with luck and of course all our prayers, I'll attend yours-and many more.

In my prayers

Antoniette

Just a heads up.... all the foremr nuns of the old brooklyn monasery did not die. One remains and is a a part of th new Brooklyn foundation. The old Brooklyn Monastery was my first Carmel. Very very strict and old fashioned. I had to leave as a novice because of the suppression which did not allow them to keep any novices,
[/quote]

TotusTuusMaria

[quote]Just a heads up.... all the foremr nuns of the old brooklyn monasery did not die. One remains and is a a part of th new Brooklyn foundation. The old Brooklyn Monastery was my first Carmel. Very very strict and old fashioned. I had to leave as a novice because of the suppression which did not allow them to keep any novices,[/quote]

Do you know which sister is at the new Brooklyn foundation?

Do you much more about the new foundation?