An Old School Catholic Message Board

Muslims Try To Pray In Spanish Cathedral

kenrockthefirst

kenrockthefirst

[url="http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2010/04/02/world/AP-EU-Spain-Religious-Scuffle.html?_r=1"]Muslims Try to Pray in Spanish Cathedral[/url]

How about this? They can pray in the cathedral when Christians are permitted to pray in the Hagia Sophia.

Edited by kenrockthefirst

HisChildForever

Not surprised by the hypocrisy. We are expected to be tolerant towards Muslims, but they are not expected to be tolerant towards us.

kenrockthefirst

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='02 April 2010 - 09:19 AM' timestamp='1270214362' post='2085490']
Why is this on the debate board?
[/quote]
Dunno. Guess it can be moved to Open Mic.

dominicansoul

so, i guess Roman Catholics should invade the Alamo and start celebrating Mass, 'cos it was once a mission church? (actually, that would be pretty cool...)

dominicansoul

[quote name='MIkolbe' date='02 April 2010 - 10:05 AM' timestamp='1270217140' post='2085509']
it coulda been worse...

they coulda blown it up

:mellow:
[/quote]
...don't give them any ideas...

[quote name='MIkolbe' date='02 April 2010 - 10:05 AM' timestamp='1270217140' post='2085509']
it coulda been worse...

they coulda blown it up

[/quote]
[img]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h119/NoonienSoong_2006/applause.gif[/img]

toledo_jesus

[quote name='MIkolbe' date='02 April 2010 - 11:05 AM' timestamp='1270217140' post='2085509']
it coulda been worse...

they coulda blown it up

[/quote]
:shock:

:lol:

Groo the Wanderer

I think Muslims SHOULD pray in the cathedral. As long as they begin " + In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit" then move on to the Our Father, Hail Mary, and Glory Be.

While at it, they should then proceed to the Fatima prayer, which I find particularly fitting.

:pray:

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='03 April 2010 - 01:05 AM' timestamp='1270213508' post='2085489']
Not surprised by the hypocrisy. We are expected to be tolerant towards Muslims, but they are not expected to be tolerant towards us.
[/quote]

Because we are Christians which has very high ideals and it is very hard for many people to be one. Jesus said "How hard it is for a rich man to go to heaven." There are numerous other obstacles that are also hard for people to overcome. In fact no one except Jesus and his mother has ever done it but it doesn't mean we shouldn't keep trying.

Saint Therese

[quote name='dominicansoul' date='02 April 2010 - 09:35 AM' timestamp='1270215327' post='2085494']
so, i guess Roman Catholics should invade the Alamo and start celebrating Mass, 'cos it was once a mission church? (actually, that would be pretty cool...)
[/quote]

I agree that would be pretty sweet!

it coulda been worse...

they coulda blown it up

[/quote]

Just give 'em time.

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' date='03 April 2010 - 10:01 AM' timestamp='1270306870' post='2086014']
I think Muslims SHOULD pray in the cathedral. As long as they begin " + In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit" then move on to the Our Father, Hail Mary, and Glory Be.

While at it, they should then proceed to the Fatima prayer, which I find particularly fitting.

:pray:
[/quote]

I like the way you think. :thumbsup:

Saint Therese

Well considering its Spain I"m surprised they didn't make all the Christians pray like the muslims just for PC sake.