An Old School Catholic Message Board

Can I Suggest Another New Order Of Sisters/nuns?

IgnatiusofLoyola

IgnatiusofLoyola

[quote name='moon_child_anne' date='05 April 2010 - 07:58 PM' timestamp='1270515529' post='2087342']
How about these????

The gardener of the order... her name is Sister Mary Rose
The librarian is Sister Mary Reed
The nun who is sometimes up in the clouds is Sister Mary Butterfly

LOL

Any more?

When I first started discerning, I wrote a story with some of these nun names in it. :-)

~Anne, PND
[/quote]

I LOVE those names!!!! Since I plan to be the librarian (I can't cook worth a darn, but have my Master's in Library Science), I'll have to rethink my religious name. I could be Sister Mary Reed, but I could also be Sister Mary Dewey Decimal, Sister Mary of the Shelves to the Ceiling, Sister Mary of the Overdue (we could add Book, but since it's me, I have a million things in my life that are overdue!), Sister Mary who Doesn't Ever Hear the Bells Because She's Lost in a Book.

And, I love Sister Mary Butterfly--we need at least one true mystic in the Order. (As long as she keeps her joy in Jesus to herself after 9 pm so I can sleep.) If that last sentence makes no sense, read up the thread for the discussion of the saint who used to ring the Monastery bells during the night, so the other sisters could share her ecstatic experiences with Jesus. I'd last one night in the Order with that saint--if I don't get my 8-10 hours, I get sick.

BTW--Even though I started the idea for this silly Order, I'm not wise enough to be the Superior. We will have to elect someone else.

laetitia crucis

[quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' date='05 April 2010 - 10:14 PM' timestamp='1270516467' post='2087355']
I LOVE those names!!!! Since I plan to be the librarian (I can't cook worth a darn, but have my Master's in Library Science), I'll have to rethink my religious name. I could be Sister Mary Reed, but I could also be Sister Mary Dewey Decimal, Sister Mary of the Shelves to the Ceiling, Sister Mary of the Overdue (we could add Book, but since it's me, I have a million things in my life that are overdue!), Sister Mary who Doesn't Ever Hear the Bells Because She's Lost in a Book.

And, I love Sister Mary Butterfly--we need at least one true mystic in the Order. (As long as she keeps her joy in Jesus to herself after 9 pm so I can sleep.) If that last sentence makes no sense, read up the thread for the discussion of the saint who used to ring the Monastery bells during the night, so the other sisters could share her ecstatic experiences with Jesus. I'd last one night in the Order with that saint--if I don't get my 8-10 hours, I get sick.

BTW--Even though I started the idea for this silly Order, I'm not wise enough to be the Superior. We will have to elect someone else.
[/quote]

:rolling:

I'm a tad partial to Sr. Mary Dewey Decimal for the librarian! :lol:

[quote name='moon_child_anne' date='05 April 2010 - 05:58 PM' timestamp='1270515529' post='2087342']
How about these????

The gardener of the order... her name is Sister Mary Rose
The librarian is Sister Mary Reed
The nun who is sometimes up in the clouds is Sister Mary Butterfly

LOL

Any more?

When I first started discerning, I wrote a story with some of these nun names in it. :-)

~Anne, PND
[/quote]

How about Sr. Mary Cumulus, whose head is always in the clouds (or one could substitute Stratus, cumulonimbus, etc. depending on one's 'patron' cloud formation) ?

Recordare Virgo

I just loved this post and laughed out loud :lol: at some of the replies. Maybe the community could be called the Daughters of Our Lady of the Smile.

Can I be Sister Jacuzzi Therese?

IgnatiusofLoyola

[quote name='Recordare Virgo' date='07 April 2010 - 01:07 PM' timestamp='1270663676' post='2088541']
I just loved this post and laughed out loud [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/lol.gif[/img] at some of the replies. Maybe the community could be called the Daughters of Our Lady of the Smile.

Can I be Sister Jacuzzi Therese?
[/quote]

Excellent names--both for the order, and for yourself. We have never made a final decision for the name of the Order.

Of course we will have a jacuzzi. Many of the Sisters (especially me) have aching muscles that could benefit from a jacuzzi. Also, a jacuzzi would save water, because we could use it instead of taking a long, hot bath. (Note: This doesn't mean the jacuzzi would subsitute for daily bathing--only that we could take quicker showers, and then use the jacuzzi for therapy.)

We would wear only the most modest of bathing suits in the jacuzzi. Alternatively, the jacuzzi could be for only one person and be in a private place. (I'm from California, so think a jacuzzi outside enjoying nature--even snow--is wonderful. But, not all Sisters might feel the same.)

melporcristo

JMJT

I'll be Sister Clumsy - I am always running into tables or dropping dishes :rolleyes: you may need to make sure I use paper plates & cups for meals so I don't have a chance of breaking them! :topsy:

laetitia crucis

[quote name='melporcristo' date='10 April 2010 - 01:32 AM' timestamp='1270873957' post='2090319']
JMJT

I'll be Sister Clumsy - I am always running into tables or dropping dishes :rolleyes: you may need to make sure I use paper plates & cups for meals so I don't have a chance of breaking them! :topsy:
[/quote]

I have similar problems. :lol:

You can call me Sr. Oopsy Daisy.

Or Sr. Mary Lacking Grace.

:hehehe:

[quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' date='07 April 2010 - 02:25 PM' timestamp='1270664743' post='2088565']

We would wear only the most modest of bathing suits in the jacuzzi. Alternatively, the jacuzzi could be for only one person and be in a private place. (I'm from California, so think a jacuzzi outside enjoying nature--even snow--is wonderful. But, not all Sisters might feel the same.)
[/quote]

Not sure what I think of an outdoor jacuzzi, but how about a jacuzzi in each of the Sisters' cells ... hmm?? :saint:

IgnatiusofLoyola

[quote name='CherieMadame' date='10 April 2010 - 08:59 AM' timestamp='1270907960' post='2090387']
Not sure what I think of an outdoor jacuzzi, but how about a jacuzzi in each of the Sisters' cells ... hmm?? [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/saint.gif[/img]
[/quote]

Sure, we could do that. For physical therapy needs, of course!

[quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' date='10 April 2010 - 10:40 AM' timestamp='1270910453' post='2090403']
For physical therapy needs, of course!
[/quote]

Absolutely! :topsy:

Well I'm not a very tidy person in spite of trying. So I won't be joining the order of the Sisters of Neatness. I did know a young sister many years ago who said she was an untidy person. But convents seem such absolutely immaculately tidy places it must be difficult for untidy folk to fit in.

IgnatiusofLoyola

[quote name='GraceUk' date='10 April 2010 - 09:57 AM' timestamp='1270911453' post='2090418']
Well I'm not a very tidy person in spite of trying. So I won't be joining the order of the Sisters of Neatness. I did know a young sister many years ago who said she was an untidy person. But convents seem such absolutely immaculately tidy places it must be difficult for untidy folk to fit in.
[/quote]

I am exactly the same way. It's completely beyond me to be neat.

I think that one way the Sisters manage being so neat is by having so few possessions. It IS easier to be neat when you have less stuff.

But, don't worry, this order will not be called "The Sisters of the Immaculate House" or anything like that. Actually, we haven't officially named the Order yet.

I've heard that there are women who love to clean. Since this Order is intended to celebrate joy in Christ, maybe we can get some postulants who love to clean, and we'll let them do what they love.