An Old School Catholic Message Board

How Did You Tell Them?

tnavarro61

laetitia crucis

[quote name='Hilde' date='24 March 2010 - 12:16 PM' timestamp='1269443783' post='2079016']
I don't remember really, but I remember I started telling people about it ( and the Catholicism thing) when the pope died. I was with some of my friends spending my weekend in a scout hut in the middle of the forest when I heard about it on the radio, and I had a visible reaction. So yeah, kind of a chain reaction from there. I wasn't raised to any kind of religion so I guess they were surprised. After that, my mom has told me she wants me to be happy, even though she might not be a huge fan of it or Catholicism. I know she knows any opposition won't make me waver, just make me dislike her. Resistance is futile. :mellow:

And my friends called me "the pope" ever since. :mellow:
[/quote]

:twothumbsup: You are right -- resistance IS futile! :lol: Especially in matters of Truth! :sword:

In university, a group of my non-Catholic friends always called me "the papist" -- for them, it was definitely a term of endearment, not insult. :hehe:

There's a group at my "theological) school called the papists. :P I think it's a cute word that has lost its power as an insult.

laetitia crucis

[quote name='Hilde' date='24 March 2010 - 12:48 PM' timestamp='1269445704' post='2079047']
There's a group at my "theological) school called the papists. :P I think it's a cute word that has lost its power as an insult.
[/quote]

Have you seen those Catholic shirts that say "I'm a Papist" -- taken from the old-school Dr. Pepper slogan "I'm a Pepper"? :drpepper:

I totally want one of those. :lol:

Hmmm... I just tried searching Google for them, but can't find anything. Has anyone else seen these shirts anywhere?

[quote name='HisChild' date='24 March 2010 - 11:09 PM' timestamp='1269439779' post='2078987']
But, back to you, Thomas. Do you think that approaching your father in a market is the best way to do it? I'm not criticizing by ANY means, but he might be a bit distracted, yes? Is there a time where you two are at home with relative freedom from distractions? God bless you on your journey!
[/quote]

i do think it's the best way :lol: and proven effective :)) there would be no time for us at home. our home is always busy. especially my father loves to talk! i keep on praying. i do really hope that i have a new spiritual director. :weep: i have to "leave" my first for some confidential reasons. :sweat: but i am looking for one. maybe i'll try to go later to a monastery of nuns. the gate keeper there is very wise and is our friend. :saint:

thank you for sharing your stories. surely it's hard..it will always be hard!

don't worry i'll keep praying the Chapelt.. :-)

[quote name='Hilde' date='25 March 2010 - 01:16 AM' timestamp='1269443783' post='2079016']
Resistance is futile. :mellow:

And my friends called me "the pope" ever since. :mellow:
[/quote]

:lol: