An Old School Catholic Message Board

Book On Consecrated Life?

melporcristo

melporcristo

JMJT

Hi Pham,

I only remember the cover of this book that has come out in the past 2 years or so regarding the religious life.
The front cover had a picture of a sister (Carmelite - maybe??) praying looking down & there was an overshadow on her.

Yea sorry its kinda vague but I can't remember what it was about but I really want to check it out.

Ok thanks!!

In Christ,

Melissa

laetitia crucis

[quote name='melporcristo' date='22 March 2010 - 12:26 AM' timestamp='1269228366' post='2077327']
JMJT

Hi Pham,

I only remember the cover of this book that has come out in the past 2 years or so regarding the religious life.
The front cover had a picture of a sister (Carmelite - maybe??) praying looking down & there was an overshadow on her.

Yea sorry its kinda vague but I can't remember what it was about but I really want to check it out.

Ok thanks!!

In Christ,

Melissa
[/quote]

Could this be the book: [url="http://www.cmswr.org/book/revisitthevision.html"]The Foundations of Religious Life: Revisiting the Vision[/url]

:)

OnlySunshine

[quote name='laetitia crucis' date='21 March 2010 - 10:28 PM' timestamp='1269228497' post='2077331']
Could this be the book: [url="http://www.cmswr.org/book/revisitthevision.html"]The Foundations of Religious Life: Revisiting the Vision[/url]

:)
[/quote]

That's the one I was going to suggest, too. I want to get it myself. ;)

laetitia crucis

[quote name='vee8' date='22 March 2010 - 02:56 AM' timestamp='1269237390' post='2077411']
Thats the book I was thinking of as well. I cant think of any other books after seeing Laetitica`s new avatar :rolling:
[/quote]

:lol_pound:

Poor Salt Vampire seemed [i]so [/i]appropriate for Mondays (especially a Monday like this one). Aaahaahahaha! :blowkiss:

melporcristo

JMJT

YES! It was this book!! Thank you Pham!!

By the way, Laetitia, you have a GREAT sense of humor!! :) :) you remind me of a good friend of mine! Humor is the best remedy for a Monday!!

melporcristo

[quote name='Hilde' date='22 March 2010 - 12:13 AM' timestamp='1269238397' post='2077415']
Lol, I have that one
[/quote]

The book or the avatar?

[quote name='laetitia crucis' date='22 March 2010 - 11:04 PM' timestamp='1269263072' post='2077461']

Poor Salt Vampire seemed [i]so [/i]appropriate for Mondays (especially a Monday like this one). Aaahaahahaha! :blowkiss:
[/quote]

[size="1"]Sorry I spelled your name wrong[/size]

You made me laugh out loud in public when I saw that thing!! :annoyed:

:lol:

Edited by vee8

laetitia crucis

[quote name='melporcristo' date='22 March 2010 - 10:28 AM' timestamp='1269264496' post='2077471']
JMJT

YES! It was this book!! Thank you Pham!!

By the way, Laetitia, you have a GREAT sense of humor!! :) :) you remind me of a good friend of mine! Humor is the best remedy for a Monday!!
[/quote]

Awwww! :blush: Thank you, Mel! :grouphug:

I am glad this is the book you were looking for -- I have been thinking about purchasing it myself; however, I am still hopeful the price will go down.... at least a little bit. :hehe:

laetitia crucis

[quote name='vee8' date='22 March 2010 - 10:36 AM' timestamp='1269264962' post='2077477']
[size="1"]Sorry I spelled your name wrong[/size]

You made me laugh out loud in public when I saw that thing!! :annoyed:
[/quote]

I didn't even notice the typo! -- I guess I even distract myself with poor Salty.

No joke, every single time I look at her, I laugh. Out loud. :blush: :rolling:

[quote name='laetitia crucis' date='22 March 2010 - 11:38 PM' timestamp='1269265128' post='2077483']

I didn't even notice the typo! -- I guess I even distract myself with poor Salty.

No joke, every single time I look at her, I laugh. Out loud. :blush: :rolling:
[/quote]

Its a SHE?!?! :shock:

I cant stop laughing at it either. I thought going to the pictures for Lent thread would help but it didnt. :lol: :help:

laetitia crucis

[quote name='vee8' date='22 March 2010 - 10:47 AM' timestamp='1269265634' post='2077486']
Its a SHE?!?! :shock:

I cant stop laughing at it either. I thought going to the pictures for Lent thread would help but it didnt. :lol: :help:
[/quote]

Actually... I'm not sure if the Salt Vampire has a gender... :scratchhead:

In the episode ([url="http://www.cbs.com/classics/star_trek/video/?pid=UxmvXPz_Cbq6vfEzGVrWpnUz0kUAiNsd&vs=Default&play=true"]The Man Trap[/url]), the Salt Vampire takes the form of female humans mostly (except, it takes the form of a man to Uhura).

:idontknow:

:hehehe:

No worries, tomorrow will be Data and Mr. Tricorder. ;) :))

[quote name='melporcristo' date='22 March 2010 - 03:31 PM' timestamp='1269264713' post='2077473']
The book or the avatar?
[/quote]
The book :lol:

[quote name='laetitia crucis' date='22 March 2010 - 09:55 AM' timestamp='1269266115' post='2077491']

Actually... I'm not sure if the Salt Vampire has a gender... :scratchhead:

In the episode ([url="http://www.cbs.com/classics/star_trek/video/?pid=UxmvXPz_Cbq6vfEzGVrWpnUz0kUAiNsd&vs=Default&play=true"]The Man Trap[/url]), the Salt Vampire takes the form of female humans mostly (except, it takes the form of a man to Uhura).

:idontknow:

:hehehe:

No worries, tomorrow will be Data and Mr. Tricorder. ;) :))
[/quote]

Data avatars are the BEST.