An Old School Catholic Message Board

Discernment And Theology Of The Body

Shana

Sr. Helena Burns fsp gave a great presentation you can watch on ustream, I embedded the video in my latest blog entry and wrote a little in response to it. If you have time you should check it out, very engaging (funny) and informative!

[url="http://john1v14.blogspot.com/"]http://john1v14.blogspot.com/[/url]

Thanks for sharing the vid and actually there were so many good points I might have to watch it again when I have time. A bit off topic but she mentions her vocation story and that its really unique, which caught my curiosity, and then she doenst tell it. Do you know if her story is out there anywhere or whats so unique about it?

I'm sort of curious too, I'll let you know if I find out. I've been corresponding with her on and off since the summer. I talked with Sr. Micheal today about how to best continue my discernment and it looks like Sr. Helena (the one in the video you are talking about) is going to be working with me as I discern so maybe I'll ask her sometime about her story!

She`s going to be working with you?! You are so lucky because she seems really wonderful. In fact you might want to hint that she should make a youtube video of her story. :))

OnlySunshine

This is a very interesting topic. I, for one, believe that the 'Theology of the Body For Beginners' is an excellent resource and a must read for anyone, including religious. I am currently studying it myself, along with 'The Good News About Sex and Marriage.'. :)

TOB should be required reading for all discerners - marriage, religious life, holy orders... it's all in there.

tinytherese

Sister Joseph Andrew from the Dominican Sisters of Mary Mother of the Eucharist gives talks about the theology of the body too. I know because she mentioned it during her talk at the beginning of a discernment retreat. :cool:

[quote name='vee8' date='18 March 2010 - 10:48 PM' timestamp='1268966937' post='2075495']
She`s going to be working with you?! You are so lucky because she seems really wonderful. In fact you might want to hint that she should make a youtube video of her story. :))
[/quote]

True...l but Sr. Michael is wonderful too. She worked with me for four years. :saint:

laetitia crucis

[quote name='vee8' date='18 March 2010 - 11:48 PM' timestamp='1268966937' post='2075495']
She`s going to be working with you?! You are so lucky because she seems really wonderful. [b]In fact you might want to hint that she should make a youtube video of her story.[/b] :))
[/quote]

I second that request.

:whistle:

Haha, I don't want to be too pushy...I ask a lot of her as it is and she's a VERY busy woman. But in time I'll let her know that some phatmassers would be very intersted in hearing her story via youtube. :)

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Beatus' date='19 March 2010 - 05:56 PM' timestamp='1269035794' post='2075946']
Please let us not discuss anything of s** for it is impure and unnatural. FIGHT for holiness.
[/quote]

Attention posters:
Please read post #86 of the thread linked below before continuing with this thread. Thank you.

http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=93433&st=80

[quote name='Shana' date='20 March 2010 - 02:32 AM' timestamp='1269016321' post='2075706']
Haha, I don't want to be too pushy...I ask a lot of her as it is and she's a VERY busy woman. But in time I'll let her know that some phatmassers would be very intersted in hearing her story via youtube. :)
[/quote]

[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/caption_cool.gif[/img]

[quote]True...l but Sr. Michael is wonderful too. She worked with me for four years. [img]public/style_emoticons/default/saint.gif[/img][/quote]

What a blessing. Soooo would she be interested in having her story up on you tube too? :))

laetitia crucis

[quote name='vee8' date='20 March 2010 - 10:29 AM' timestamp='1269091750' post='2076213']

What a blessing. Soooo would she be interested in having her story up on you tube too? :))
[/quote]

:lol: :ninja: :whistle: