An Old School Catholic Message Board

Which Communities?

Cherie

laetitia crucis

[quote name='CherieMadame' date='15 March 2010 - 09:58 PM' timestamp='1268701107' post='2073744']
FR. ROGER LANDRY!?!?! Do you know him?!?! I know him -- he is LITERALLY a Saint --- I mean it, someday he will be CANONIZED, I am sure of it!!!!!

WOW small world. Fr. Landry is quite possibly my favorite priest in the entire universe~!~!!

:woot:
[/quote]

[size="5"]I LOVE FR. LANDRY!!!!!!!!!!!! (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)[/size]

:woot:

I can't believe someone else here KNOWS him, too!!

He IS absolutely AMAZING, HOLY, and yes, a SAINT! He always offers himself for vocational direction/advice for those that visit the Sisters, so the Sisters always send discerners to him for direction, if they want it. I took him up on the offer. :D

He gave me [i]the best[/i] direction/advice regarding my vocation that I have [b]ever[/b] received. Just remarkable. I'm STILL reaping the fruits of that conversation. :saint:

Small world, indeed! Wow!

Let's form a fan club. You can be president, and I'll be your VP. :))

[quote name='laetitia crucis' date='15 March 2010 - 09:44 PM' timestamp='1268703872' post='2073768']

Let's form a fan club. You can be president, and I'll be your VP. :))
[/quote]

Oh my goodness, I would *SO* do something like that!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!

I met him when I was with the Sister Servants of the Eternal Word in Birmingham, AL. He gave retreats there a number of years in a row, and I was able to have numerous wonderful conversations with him. All the Sisters were trying to sit next to him during the meals so we could hear him talk!!! I was Sr. Mary Faustina when I was there, so he told me he would remember me whenever he said a chaplet ... (AMAZING!!!) His retreats were literally the best I have ever attended. I truly believe the Holy Spirit speaks through him.

After I left, when a family member was having some troubles and needed the prayers and encouragement of a saintly priest, the first person I thought of was Fr. Landry, so I referred her to him. She's been in contact with him a number of times, and each time she says she goes away feeling peaceful and trustful of God. And he told her he STILL remembers me when he says his chaplet!

OOOh you are so blessed for having been given direction by him!!! He is so wonderful!!!

:cloud9: :twothumbsup:

laetitia crucis

[quote name='CherieMadame' date='15 March 2010 - 10:51 PM' timestamp='1268704296' post='2073772']
Oh my goodness, I would *SO* do something like that!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!

I met him when I was with the Sister Servants of the Eternal Word in Birmingham, AL. He gave retreats there a number of years in a row, and I was able to have numerous wonderful conversations with him. All the Sisters were trying to sit next to him during the meals so we could hear him talk!!! I was Sr. Mary Faustina when I was there, so he told me he would remember me whenever he said a chaplet ... (AMAZING!!!) His retreats were literally the best I have ever attended. I truly believe the Holy Spirit speaks through him.

After I left, when a family member was having some troubles and needed the prayers and encouragement of a saintly priest, the first person I thought of was Fr. Landry, so I referred her to him. She's been in contact with him a number of times, and each time she says she goes away feeling peaceful and trustful of God. And he told her he STILL remembers me when he says his chaplet!

OOOh you are so blessed for having been given direction by him!!! He is so wonderful!!!

:cloud9: :twothumbsup:
[/quote]

This totally makes me want to call him up or contact him somehow.... :think: I've pondered this since the summer, but I suppose since things are vocationally falling into place for me, I'd like to let him know. :) I have no doubt that he's kept his promise of praying for me, as he has for you. :love: Such a sincere, good, and HOLY priest! God bless him!

I think the Holy Spirit resides in him 24/7. :hehe: Chills, I tell you! CHILLS!

brightsadness

I am discerning with the Basilian Nuns (OSBM) at Sacred Heart Monastery in Middleton, N.Y.

http://www.basiliannuns.org.ar/

Edited by brightsadness

[quote name='brightsadness' date='16 March 2010 - 05:53 PM' timestamp='1268776381' post='2074203']
I am discerning with the Basilian Nuns (OSBM) at Sacred Heart Monastery in Middleton, N.Y.

http://www.basiliannuns.org.ar/
[/quote]

I know these Nuns and love them. God be with you, dear Sister.

Pax,

Praxedes

brightsadness

[quote name='praxedes' date='16 March 2010 - 03:26 PM' timestamp='1268778411' post='2074231']
I know these Nuns and love them. God be with you, dear Sister.

Pax,

Praxedes
[/quote]

I'm going for a long visit on April 17th. Please pray for me.

gratefully,
Anya

[quote name='brightsadness' date='17 March 2010 - 10:04 AM' timestamp='1268784270' post='2074287']

gratefully,
Anya
[/quote]

:pray: for you. They look like such a beautiful community, literally, as its like the Holy Spirit is shining through in their photo on the main page.

laetitia crucis

[quote name='brightsadness' date='16 March 2010 - 09:04 PM' timestamp='1268784270' post='2074287']

gratefully,
Anya
[/quote]

I give you my prayers as well, Anya! :sign:

May God and our Blessed Mother give you all the graces needed for your discernment and visit.

am i the only guy in here? please pray for me. i am discerning with the Missionary Benedictines of St. Ottilien www.digosmonks.org . I have difficulty in contacting them because their place has a low cellphone signal. So I am sending them an email. I am going to make a vocation retreat there probably in April and this is my first time.. and if ever i'll make the retreat, it would be also my first time to ride a plane. Please please pray for me, I need financial help. I need more or less $100 to go there (round trip). It's quite expensive for us. God bless you.

Thomas

laetitia crucis

[quote name='tnavarro61' date='16 March 2010 - 10:04 PM' timestamp='1268787891' post='2074318']
am i the only guy in here? please pray for me. i am discerning with the Missionary Benedictines of St. Ottilien www.digosmonks.org . I have difficulty in contacting them because their place has a low cellphone signal. So I am sending them an email. I am going to make a vocation retreat there probably in April and this is my first time.. and if ever i'll make the retreat, it would be also my first time to ride a plane. Please please pray for me, I need financial help. I need more or less $100 to go there (round trip). It's quite expensive for us. God bless you.

Thomas
[/quote]

Hey! My father and step-family lives in Digos! (They moved there from Davao City a few months ago.) I went to visit them last summer and loved it! :)

I will be praying for you as well, Thomas. :pray: Perhaps St. Matthew will intercede on your behalf! ;)

[quote name='tnavarro61' date='16 March 2010 - 08:04 PM' timestamp='1268787891' post='2074318']

Thomas
[/quote]

I am discerning with the Missionary Benedictine Sisters here in the United States--the sister community. My prayers are with you.

Blessings.

Edited by dakurgie

[quote name='laetitia crucis' date='17 March 2010 - 11:59 AM' timestamp='1268794766' post='2074407']
Hey! My father and step-family lives in Digos! (They moved there from Davao City a few months ago.) I went to visit them last summer and loved it! :)

I will be praying for you as well, Thomas. :pray: Perhaps St. Matthew will intercede on your behalf! ;)
[/quote]

goodness! that's cool! thank God thank God! that encouraged me to go there! i do not know any persons there. probably you could help me because for sure my father would be very hesitant to allow me to go there all alone. at lease i can say, i know of someone whose father lives in Digos.

by the way I am 18, and it might be odd for some of you to know that i am still very much dependent on my father. this is i think part of our culture. :-)

[quote name='dakurgie' date='17 March 2010 - 12:15 PM' timestamp='1268795722' post='2074416']
I am discerning with the Missionary Benedictine Sisters here in the United States--the sister community. My prayers are with you.

Blessings.
[/quote]

GREAT! thank u for your prayers. prayers for you too.

I'm not discerning with anyone now. However, I had contacted the Sisters of charity of St.Joan Antida in Milwaukee,who taught me when I attended their nursey school, Guardian Angel. I did visit with the discaled Carmelite Nuns in San Antonio years ago. However, my mother had health problems due to high blood pressure, and she later had a stroke.So I took care of her,so no convent for me.My father ,back in the 1990s had his COPD get worse, so took care of him too.
If I had entered any community,I probably would have had to leave for family reasons. I still think about the religious life, but at age 54,would have to find some community that takes older vocations, or be a secular member of the Franciscans,Dominicans, or some such order.