An Old School Catholic Message Board

Prayer

Livin_the_MASS

How important is prayer in your life?  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Livin_the_MASS

I vote the top one (Making ones whole day a prayer) pray without ceasing! I feel if you don't have a prayer life, you are hurtin for certain.

Thoughts and comments?

God Bless
Jason

you should have an option that says "it is everything to me, or i want it to be, but i wish i did it more"

much more!

mom25angels

[quote name='Theoketos' date='Apr 11 2004, 11:24 PM'] If you do every action to Glorify God, all your mundane ordinary actions become prayers! [/quote]
:rolleyes: Ah, yes, this is why I see Jesus in all those poopy diapers.

Sarah

[quote name='Jericho923' date='Apr 12 2004, 12:51 AM'] you should have an option that says "it is everything to me, or i want it to be, but i wish i did it more"

much more! [/quote]
yes, that would be a better category for me. I pray frequently, but I forget to be praying constantly.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='mom25angels' date='Apr 12 2004, 05:19 PM'] :rolleyes: Ah, yes, this is why I see Jesus in all those poopy diapers.

Sarah [/quote]
You know, of course, I will never be able to change the baby with a bad attitude again! :lol:

I put some cool quotes about prayer up

[url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=10430"]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=10430[/url]

• 4 years later...

#1. Prayer is the most important thing to me. I do pray all day, from the minute I open my eyes in the morning until I close them at night and then sometimes I say the rosary until I fall asleep.

TeresaBenedicta

Prayer is the foundation of a Christian life.

How can a Christian expect to bear fruit if he does not know the Lord into whom he is grafted? How can a Christian do good works if he does not love the Lord with all of his being? How can a Christian expect to grow in holiness or virtue if he does not dwell with the Lord?

It is impossible. The life of a Christian must begin in the quiet, in the solitude. Jesus frequently went off into the desert, into the night, to pray to his Father. Even the birth of the Church was first conceived in the quiet of the Last Supper: just Jesus and his disciples. The branches must first be grafted into the vine before the Spirit can come and bear fruit, which is what happened at Pentecost.

A life of prayer, deep prayer, is essential to every Christian. Especially to those living in the world, for they must strive always to be in the world, but not of the world. They must be able to bear fruit in the world, but that can only be done if the branch has first been grafted into the vine.

dominicansoul

Prayer is simply lifting one's thoughts to God. It is simply having a conversation with God as a friend.

I have discovered that obtaining intimacy with God is made possible by the simple act of prayer.