An Old School Catholic Message Board

Evolution

Resurrexi

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

BibleReader

You also must consider the error rate of humans. How many times since we [i]figured[/i] out evolution have we had to change it in view of new facts. You will find that evolution is evolving along with theories behind the origin of the cosmos and abiogenesis. The facts have never changed, yet the way they are interpreted is constantly in need of adjustment. You will find that the facts, in no way, contradict creationism, and that only the theories that tie the facts together do. It seems to me that science is not wrong, just the human element.

[quote name='mortify' date='13 March 2010 - 11:26 AM' timestamp='1268494007' post='2072312']
I think this is an important point because many Catholics believe Adam evolved out of pre-existing living matter, and this is largely due to the conclusions of contemporary scientists.
[/quote]
It's what the Bible says. Abiogenesis could be understood differently than in the context of macroevolution, couldn't it? Regardless, the Bible says that God formed Adam out of dirt.

[quote]
What we have to remember is that these scientists have adopted a [b]naturalistic[/b] world view, which means all reality is confined to natural laws and materialism, there is no room for the [b]Supernatural[/b]. Therefore in their conclusions they are forced to believe in a gradual process, that simpler organisms generally evolve to more complex ones. We are not bound to these principles because we accept the existence of the supernatural, and so when we read in Genesis that God created man out of the earth, we are not forced to conclude that between earth and Adam there was a gradual process involving millions of step-species in between. We can affirm to the [i]horror[/i] of these naturalists that God did this *immediately*. So I think the Pope is right that too often people (many who are Catholics) presume with certainty that Adam had to come about through an evolutionary process, when no such certainty exists, especially since God has the power to create something out of nothing.
[/quote]

I don't believe in macroevolution, but I believe that man was created out of non-living matter.

[quote name='aalpha1989' date='15 March 2010 - 04:54 PM' timestamp='1268686446' post='2073624']
It's what the Bible says. Abiogenesis could be understood differently than in the context of macroevolution, couldn't it? Regardless, the Bible says that God formed Adam out of dirt.

I don't believe in macroevolution, but I believe that man was created out of non-living matter.
[/quote]

woops, mortify said pre-existing [b]living[/b] matter. I misread it.