An Old School Catholic Message Board

Help! Advice?

Shana

brightsadness

[quote name='Shana' date='18 March 2010 - 11:46 AM' timestamp='1268937993' post='2075233']
Good news! I met with my education today and we came to a solution that I feel peace with. I could stop taking education classes and drop my education minor and gradate in a year without the additional student teaching. If I were to decide later on that I wanted to get back into getting certified as a teacher, since I've already taken so many education courses, that that wouldn't take to long to get my initial certification through an alternative certification program at boces and then go on to get my masters, ect.

I'm feeling a lot better about this, praise God!
[/quote]

:blowkiss: good news

Yes, thank you all for your prayers. If I could just ask if you would hold my mom in prayer that she may recieve my decision well.

Indwelling Trinity

[quote name='Shana' date='18 March 2010 - 08:35 PM' timestamp='1268955325' post='2075395']
Yes, thank you all for your prayers. If I could just ask if you would hold my mom in prayer that she may recieve my decision well.
[/quote]
I promise to remember you and your mom in prayer and send you a gentle hug.

tenderly,

Sister Emmanuel

It really doesn't matter what you FEEL. You must do what is RIGHT. AND also you must save your soul. The HIGHEST and BEST calling is to RELIGIOUS LIFE and to remain a VIRGIN. That is what you must do. Now you know the truth so you can never say that you didn't know when you are judged before GOD.

[quote name='Beatus' date='19 March 2010 - 04:58 PM' timestamp='1269035905' post='2075949']
It really doesn't matter what you FEEL. You must do what is RIGHT. AND also you must save your soul. The HIGHEST and BEST calling is to RELIGIOUS LIFE and to remain a VIRGIN. That is what you must do. Now you know the truth so you can never say that you didn't know when you are judged before GOD.
[/quote]

oh for crying out loud.... :sadder:

[quote name='Beatus' date='19 March 2010 - 04:58 PM' timestamp='1269035905' post='2075949']
[/quote]

I think you may be a troll, but in reflection to what you said. In a sense you are correct in what you say that it's not about what you feel, you must to what is right. But the thing is if you cling to Jesus He will conform you to Himself and make your desires match His over time, He will also show you who you truely are and what will satisfy you. (Not to say there isn't resistance and struggle involved!) So desires DO matter. Jesus leads us through desire. Delight in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart, for it was He who gave you those desires in the first place. Of course, our desires may be out of line with His but that may just be because you haven't understood the deeper desire, but God will show you if you open to Him. God doesn't give us desires to frustrate them!

Also, I would agree that religious life is a higher calling in that it is forgoing the sign of heaven (marriage) to make yourself more available to pursue the Marriage of the Lamb, marriage's ultimate fulfillment. Christopher West has great insights on this. But we must be careful what we mean by "higher". The best vocation is the one God wills for YOU. Marriage is an awesome and holy vocation and just as important as a vocation to celibacy. Marriage and Celibacy complement and uphold each other!

homeschoolmom

Attention posters:
Please read post #86 of the thread linked below before continuing with this thread. Thank you.

http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=93433&st=80

Indwelling Trinity

[quote name='Shana' date='19 March 2010 - 01:30 PM' timestamp='1269016212' post='2075705']
She recieved it well, everythings good! :) Problem resolved.
[/quote]

I am rejoicing with you Shana may union with god be your your heart's greatest desire.May you always know Gos great love for you and may he grant you much happiness and the grace of holy perseverence :bigclap:

Tenderly,

Indwelling Trinity :shield: