An Old School Catholic Message Board

To Cmotherofpril, Budge, Debbie And To All Women In Phat Mass

reyb

Marie-Therese

[quote name='reyb' date='11 March 2010 - 05:20 PM' timestamp='1268346008' post='2071257']
Even up to now you did not get my point. If you really read my previous posts my position is this: You will never know the real Christ unless you see God in your flesh, and all writers (in the scriptures) are witnesses of this revelation. While your position is this: The Christ of the bible is the historical Jesus after you (and your early fathers) read the scripture, and the bible as a whole was designed for this belief when they compiled it.
[/quote]

And this has what, exactly, to do with women and childbirth? Other than finding a way to try to be argumentative?

Aside from that, what you just said makes absolutely no sense at all.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='brightsadness' date='11 March 2010 - 04:43 PM' timestamp='1268347402' post='2071277']
ca va?<_<
[/quote]
Uh...... comme ci comme ca. Comment ca va aujourd'hui?

Marie-Therese

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='11 March 2010 - 05:53 PM' timestamp='1268348038' post='2071284']
Uh...... comme ci comme ca. Comment ca va aujourd'hui?
[/quote]

Tres bien, merci. Et vous?

[quote name='reyb' date='11 March 2010 - 03:20 PM' timestamp='1268346008' post='2071257']
Even up to now you did not get my point. If you really read my previous posts my position is this: You will never know the real Christ unless you see God in your flesh, and all writers (in the scriptures) are witnesses of this revelation. While your position (in my eyes) is this: The Christ of the bible is the historical Jesus after you (and your early fathers) read the scripture, and the bible as a whole was designed for this belief when they compiled it. On the hand, (in your eyes). Historical Jesus is the True Christ as witnesses by his 12 Apostles like Peter...etc. as mentioned by Synoptic Gospel writers from where Luke himself is not an eyewitness. While the Jesus I am talking who is not the historical one (in your eyes) is totally nonsense. In short, I can see both of these two Jesus - although a counterfeit Jesus do not really exist -1. The Jesus according to your tradition and 2. The Jesus that was revealed to me by God when I see God in my flesh.
[/quote]
The problem with your position is not centered upon the doctrine that Christ lives in His Church (i.e., in the members of His Body), for that is the teaching of the Catholic Church; instead, the problem with your position is that it involves the heretical gnostic / docetic denial of the dogma of the incarnation. Ultimately your theories involve a complete collapse into subjectivism.

Edited by Apotheoun

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Marie-Therese' date='11 March 2010 - 04:55 PM' timestamp='1268348145' post='2071285']
Tres bien, merci. Et vous?
[/quote]
If you meant "et tu?", I answered already, silly lady. ^_^

The enfleshment of the eternal Logos is a true historical event, for the Lord in reality became man by taking flesh from the Holy Theotokos, and by entering into the created world through the assumption of humanity from the Blessed Virgin He united Himself with all mankind in such a way that the Church (His mystical Body) becomes the perpetual extension of His saving incarnation.

Edited by Apotheoun

[quote name='reyb' date='11 March 2010 - 05:20 PM' timestamp='1268346008' post='2071257']
Even up to now you did not get my point. If you really read my previous posts my position is this: You will never know the real Christ unless you see God in your flesh, and all writers (in the scriptures) are witnesses of this revelation. While your position (in my eyes) is this: The Christ of the bible is the historical Jesus after you (and your early fathers) read the scripture, and the bible as a whole was designed for this belief when they compiled it. On the hand, (in your eyes). Historical Jesus is the True Christ as witnesses by his 12 Apostles like Peter...etc. as mentioned by Synoptic Gospel writers from where Luke himself is not an eyewitness. While the Jesus I am talking who is not the historical one (in your eyes) is totally nonsense. In short, I can see both of these two Jesus - although a counterfeit Jesus do not really exist -1. The Jesus according to your tradition and 2. The Jesus that was revealed to me by God when I see God in my flesh.
[/quote]
[img]http://jaypgreene.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/crazy_harry.jpg[/img]

Your private revelation means absolutely nothing to me.

I just noticed, but that weapons grade confusion was [i]after[/i] editing.

Edited by Winchester

[img]http://plainbookofmormon.com/images/moroni.jpg[/img]

Joseph Smith receiving the golden plates from the angel [b]Moron[/b]i.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='11 March 2010 - 05:14 PM' timestamp='1268349250' post='2071313']

[/quote]
Ah, I'm glad that there actually are other people willing to make the connection there. :lol: Sometimes I worry that it's just too obvious.

I think Capt. Kirk met [b]Moron[/b]i in the episode where he fought with the Gorn:

[img]http://pq-star-trek.angelfire.com/metron.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Winchester' date='11 March 2010 - 06:11 PM' timestamp='1268349084' post='2071308']
[img]http://jaypgreene.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/crazy_harry.jpg[/img]

Your private revelation means absolutely nothing to me.

I just noticed, but that weapons grade confusion was [i]after[/i] editing.
[/quote]

I know it is foolishness in your eyes because as I have said 'You do not know Him'. What you know is your historical Jesus. While I can see both of them.

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='11 March 2010 - 06:14 PM' timestamp='1268349250' post='2071313']
[img]http://plainbookofmormon.com/images/moroni.jpg[/img]

[/quote]

Joseph Smith is a believer of this historical Jesus. Actually he said he saw the 'Triune God'. I already give my comment about him and his letter. Do not make me laugh because you are condemning yourself again. You are insulting a man who has the same belief as yours about the nature of God which is the Trinity. :lol_roll:

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='reyb' date='11 March 2010 - 05:27 PM' timestamp='1268350066' post='2071338']
Joseph Smith is a believer of this historical Jesus. Actually he said he saw the 'Triune God'. I already give my comment about him and his letter. Do not make me laugh because you are condemning yourself again. You are insulting a man who has the same belief as yours about the nature of God which is the Trinity. :lol_roll:
[/quote]
Joseph Smith also believed that the world is round. Clearly by condemning him we're condemning the idea that the world is round.

Joseph Smith did not believe in the Trinity, nor does he believe in the historical Christ, but he - like you - believed in a fictitious "Jesus" of his own creation.