An Old School Catholic Message Board

To Cmotherofpril, Budge, Debbie And To All Women In Phat Mass

reyb

To Debbie, Budge, Cmotherorpril and all women in Phatmass.

Is there anyone who can teach me what is the meaning of 1 Tim 2:15? (15 But women will be saved through childbearing — if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety.)

from reyb.

Is this one of those things where you ask a question and then when you get a reply, you have a response telling us what it really means? Because if it is, you can shove it.

Thy Geekdom Come

Fruitfulness in labor is salvific if a woman is properly disposed (though only as a sharing in the overall salvation of a woman, obviously not just in itself).

But then, I'm not a woman.

And seriously...Budge?

What are you asking? If the only possible way to be saved for a women is through childbearing?

I think not.

Budge is not here anymore.

[quote name='Winchester' date='11 March 2010 - 09:18 AM' timestamp='1268317121' post='2070903']
Is this one of those things where you ask a question and then when you get a reply, you have a response telling us what it really means? Because if it is, you can shove it.
[/quote]

If we know the Reason, we truly know the Truth, and how can we know it if we do not know how to ask? Therefore, if we do not know the reason, we do no know the truth although the statement is already written. Just like our today’s’ subject verse. It must have a relation in this verse. Gen 3:16

16 To the woman he said,

"I will greatly increase your pains in childbearing;
with pain you will give birth to children.
Your desire will be for your husband,
and he will rule over you."
NIV

[quote name='Hilde' date='11 March 2010 - 09:34 AM' timestamp='1268318056' post='2070907']
What are you asking? If the only possible way to be saved for a women is through childbearing?

I think not.

Budge is not here anymore.
[/quote]

Where is budge? I hope she is here.

[quote name='reyb' date='11 March 2010 - 11:27 AM' timestamp='1268324874' post='2070958']
If we know the Reason, we truly know the Truth, and how can we know it if we do not know how to ask? Therefore, if we do not know the reason, we do no know the truth although the statement is already written. Just like our today’s’ subject verse. It must have a relation in this verse. Gen 3:16

16 To the woman he said,

"I will greatly increase your pains in childbearing;
with pain you will give birth to children.
Your desire will be for your husband,
and he will rule over you."
NIV
[/quote]
We don't use the NIV.

See the last part of my first post.

[quote name='Winchester' date='11 March 2010 - 09:18 AM' timestamp='1268317121' post='2070903']
[/quote]

<nods soberly>

KeenanParkerII

*coff* Threads of this nature demand the appropriate response...

[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c371/SceneIt_by_Marijke/LOLcat.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Winchester' date='11 March 2010 - 11:34 AM' timestamp='1268325268' post='2070963']
We don't use the NIV.

See the last part of my first post.
[/quote]

I am sorry I missed it. (That part). Yes and usually in topic title you can see my position which I know is not acceptable to them but it is true. If I will just state my position and then leave it that way without any good discussion, it is useless they will never see it. I know to them I am a man with never-ending questions which irritates their ears. I am aware of it. But I am just trying to say their position is not on solid ground from where nothing could be asked. You cannot interrogate the truth but by good questioning you can see the truth or if you are in line with the truth. I just give questions from where they themselves should ask these questions in order to test their accepted belief. I am not the one who should ask these questions, it should be them if they really wanted to see their position, in short, let us judge ourselves. You are the best teacher of yourself hence give yourself a good test if you are truly a good teacher.

Edited by reyb

HisChildForever

[quote name='Ziggamafu' date='11 March 2010 - 12:46 PM' timestamp='1268329598' post='2071014']
<nods soberly>
[/quote]

Lol!

[quote name='reyb' date='11 March 2010 - 11:06 AM' timestamp='1268330796' post='2071027']
I am sorry I missed it. (That part). Yes and usually in topic title you can see my position which I know is not acceptable to them but it is true. If I will just state my position and then leave it that way without any good discussion, it is useless they will never see it. I know to them I am a man with never-ending questions which irritates their ears. I am aware of it. But I am just trying to say their position is not on solid ground from where nothing could be asked. You cannot interrogate the truth but by good questioning you can see the truth or if you are in line with the truth. I just give questions from where they themselves should ask these questions in order to test their accepted belief. I am not the one who should ask these questions, it should be them if they really wanted to see their position, in short, let us judge ourselves. You are the best teacher of yourself hence give yourself a good test if you are truly a good teacher.
[/quote]
+JMJ+
i can never make heads nor tails out of any of your posts. it always seems like politician triple-speak to me.

KeenanParkerII

[quote]I am sorry I missed it. (That part). Yes and usually in topic title you can see my position which I know is not acceptable to them but it is true. If I will just state my position and then leave it that way without any good discussion, it is useless they will never see it. I know to them I am a man with never-ending questions which irritates their ears. I am aware of it. But I am just trying to say their position is not on solid ground from where nothing could be asked. You cannot interrogate the truth but by good questioning you can see the truth or if you are in line with the truth. I just give questions from where they themselves should ask these questions in order to test their accepted belief. I am not the one who should ask these questions, it should be them if they really wanted to see their position, in short, let us judge ourselves. You are the best teacher of yourself hence give yourself a good test if you are truly a good teacher. [/quote]

Reyb your method of questioning doesn't stand up to the rigors of critical thought. A good question will ask something and have at least one reason for asking it. A question needs to be asked with the understanding that there is a solid, definitive, objective truth to get at. When you do receive an answer, you should be able to accept it or reject it, and respond in turn with why you feel that way. But all you do is respond with are random questions with rarely a link between the response to your question and your next one.

You may believe that what you do on the forum is getting somewhere or is following the socratic method, but it isn't dude..