An Old School Catholic Message Board

Old Posts

HisChild

Indwelling Trinity

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='11 March 2010 - 05:40 PM' timestamp='1268343627' post='2071212']
That would be you, ma'am. :mellow:
[/quote]

Laughing this is beginning to sound like a John Wayne movie!:P

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Indwelling Trinity' date='11 March 2010 - 03:49 PM' timestamp='1268344183' post='2071224']
Laughing this is beginning to sound like a John Wayne movie!:P
[/quote]
Whoa, take'er easy there, Pilgrim.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Tridenteen' date='11 March 2010 - 05:07 PM' timestamp='1268348825' post='2071301']
JMJ
You should see what he's like in ladies' rest area.
[/quote]
If a man can't be a man even in the laddies' rest area, where can he be?? :sadwalk:

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Hilde' date='11 March 2010 - 05:11 PM' timestamp='1268349062' post='2071306']
You know what would be ironic? This thread being resurrected in 6 months.
[/quote]
If you remind me, I'll do it. :mellow:

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='11 March 2010 - 06:19 PM' timestamp='1268349586' post='2071323']
If you remind me, I'll do it. :mellow:
[/quote]

JMJ
Ironic isn't my cup of tea, but I will remind you anyways

[quote name='Hilde' date='11 March 2010 - 07:11 PM' timestamp='1268349062' post='2071306']
[/quote]

Well, if old posts keep coming up I will resurrect it :P

laetitia crucis

[quote name='cmariadiaz' date='11 March 2010 - 09:27 PM' timestamp='1268357252' post='2071425']
Well, if old posts keep coming up I will resurrect it :P
[/quote]

I thank you a million times over already!!! :D

Hroswitha1943

[quote name='HisChild' date='10 March 2010 - 10:35 AM' timestamp='1268231759' post='2070301']
Not quite sure where to place this post, so I thought to start a new thread.

Recently there has been a resurrection, if you will, of old posts. These posts often are not weeks old but YEARS old. Some will also respond to perhaps something a poster might have said, but on closer inspection that phatmass member hasn't been on any of the boards in years as well.

It's actually quite confusing (and to be honest, annoying) to attempt to follow an old conversation when members are no longer active, links don't work, articles are no longer accurate due to updated information, etc.... and then realize the post is from 2006, for example.

In the spirit of charity, if you are perusing the old posts either on vocation station or elsewhere, could you PLEASE be mindful of how old the thread is, and if the person you're addressing is still on here? It would also be incredibly helpful of the first person who's posting on an old thread to clue us in on that fact, as we usually are not in the habit of looking at the dates of the original post when clicking on a thread.

I've seen some feelings hurt by these old posts as well as tempers flared by simple misunderstandings because of these posts and thought to post about the heart of the issue in order to resolve the tension caused over the past week or two.

Should the members who have been doing so choose NOT to do this, as no one has to listen to me of course... fellow phatmassers, if you could be mindful of the new posts on the board. If something suddenly shows up with multiple responses, rather than automatically assume a topic has been busy while you've been away, it might be a good idea to look at when the thread was started to nip uncharitable posts in the bud instead of some of the biting responses we're reading.

Have a peaceful rest of the week and a blessed second half of Lent.
[/quote]

I just skip posts I'mnot interested in. No harm, no foul. ;-)

[quote name='Hilde' date='11 March 2010 - 07:11 PM' timestamp='1268349062' post='2071306']
[/quote]

Now THAT would be funny. :lol_roll: