An Old School Catholic Message Board

After A Two Months Wait...

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='elizabeth09' date='09 March 2010 - 10:06 PM' timestamp='1268190386' post='2069977']
Congratulations. Are you going to enter the ones in St. Louis, Mo.?
[/quote]

I know a postulant there. I miss her so much! :sadder: How much is too much to write?

Oh, and I'm really happy for you, FutureNun. The Poor Clares are awesome!

Edited by aalpha1989

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

I do not know my entrance date because I have a good amount of student debt to get rid of yet, but as HisChild mentioned, it is the Rockford Poor Clares. :) So, as of now, I am pending entrance due to debt. I am working on a letter now to send to some local parishes to see if they could need some graphic design work. Hopefully the KoC will be able to help some as well. Once the end of debt is near, I will hopefully have a date!

humbleheart

Many blessings and congratulations! :love: :clap:

If you care to set up a donations website with Paypal I would be happy to make a little contribution.

Edited by humbleheart

Marie-Therese

Congratulations to you! :woot:

The Poor Clares are a beautiful vocation. May God speedily dispatch your debt and enfold you in His arms!

OnlySunshine

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='10 March 2010 - 01:40 PM' timestamp='1268246444' post='2070408']
I do not know my entrance date because I have a good amount of student debt to get rid of yet, but as HisChild mentioned, it is the Rockford Poor Clares. :) So, as of now, I am pending entrance due to debt. I am working on a letter now to send to some local parishes to see if they could need some graphic design work. Hopefully the KoC will be able to help some as well. Once the end of debt is near, I will hopefully have a date!
[/quote]

Have you looked into the Mater Ecclasiae fund? :)

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' date='10 March 2010 - 05:34 PM' timestamp='1268256864' post='2070527']
[/quote]

Great idea, and you should definitely look into them - http://fundforvocations.org/

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' date='10 March 2010 - 04:34 PM' timestamp='1268256864' post='2070527']
[/quote]

Please do apply to this fund. I am a regular contributor there--they can only accommodate a fraction of the applicants, but you'll never know unless you try. Their policies are very fair and just to the applicants and the contributors.

[size="1"][/size]edited for grammar :sadder:

Edited by stlmom

laetitia crucis

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='10 March 2010 - 02:40 PM' timestamp='1268246444' post='2070408']
[/quote]

I also second the recommendation for the [url="http://www.fundforvocations.org"]Mater Ecclesiae Fund for Vocations[/url]! :D

In addition, do you have a Serra Club in your area? Perhaps they, too, would be willing to help with donations.

Continued prayers for you, FutureNunJMJ!

:bigpray:

I'm so happy for you. I always rejoice when a young woman finds the place the Lord is calling her. I remember your process of discernment, you were here I think before I was here. It's been a long road I bet. Heck, I'd be willing to donate $20.00 to you for debt relief. I know it's not much, but if others were to donate $20.00, it could quickly add up...

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' date='10 March 2010 - 05:34 PM' timestamp='1268256864' post='2070527']
[/quote]
You could also try the Laboure Society. [url="http://labouresociety.org"]The Laboure Society[/url]

You do have to do your own fund raising but they are very supportive and will help with ideas, mailings and so forth. If you would like more information, please contact me privately. I am very involved. In six years they have assisted 186 men/woman who are now ordained, professed or in formation.

Pax
Osap

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

Well, I am definitely looking into Mater Ecclasiae and have paperwork printed out.